What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Had a huge fish in the night.  Was freezing but managed to deal with it and warm back up in my sleeping bag. Just enjoying the sun as it tries to warm the day up whilst drinking the first cup of tea of the day. 

20220508_102928.jpg

20220508_102910.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, bob lt said:

Unwanted? They're like rocking horse shit. Mortgage required.

😄 LOL

I know, but never say never!. 900R A1's are still out there though, but going up in price. Just looked at a 750 Turbo on Ebay, now for a bike that was never that well liked when it came out, they're fetching some serious dollar.

Yet another dream shattered !

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Few pictures of Gary. Not the best quality as my phone is only a cheap Nokia.

IMG_20220507_224116.jpg

IMG_20220507_214808.jpg

IMG_20220507_210644.jpg

IMG_20220507_205621.jpg

IMG_20220507_204728.jpg

IMG_20220507_203721.jpg

Great pics Gal. How was the concert overall?.

Any other concerts coming up?

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Great pics Gal. How was the concert overall?.

Any other concerts coming up?

Good gig mate, mixture of songs over his career. Played the well known songs like 'Cars' and 'We Are Glass' near the end. Last song was 'Are Friends Electric'.

Got Geoff Tate on Wednesday at Camden Underworld,then Quireboys are doing a set with an orchestra at Kentish Town Forum on the 21st. After that is a poison and Motley Crue tribute band night at Sub89 in Reading in July.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

😄 LOL

I know, but never say never!. 900R A1's are still out there though, but going up in price. Just looked at a 750 Turbo on Ebay, now for a bike that was never that well liked when it came out, they're fetching some serious dollar.

Yet another dream shattered !

Anything old is overpriced by most people. Saw a CX500 for nearly ten grand recently,a fucking despatch bike!!.

You can still pick up old VFR750 and ZX-9R for sensible money if you look around.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Good gig mate, mixture of songs over his career. Played the well known songs like 'Cars' and 'We Are Glass' near the end. Last song was 'Are Friends Electric'.

Got Geoff Tate on Wednesday at Camden Underworld,then Quireboys are doing a set with an orchestra at Kentish Town Forum on the 21st. After that is a poison and Motley Crue tribute band night at Sub89 in Reading in July.

Quireboys, fucking hell. I saw them when I was a student in London about 30 years ago!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Quireboys, fucking hell. I saw them when I was a student in London about 30 years ago!

They just recently sacked their singer as apparently he was missing gig's due to his other projects. Saw them live at the same venue just before the first lockdown. Good live band.

Got the tickets for free as I'm a previous customer of HRH, so always get offered free tickets. Been to a few free ones in the past. Just costs £5 booking fee.

Edited by galenkia

@galenkia Great Gary pics buddy, glad you had a good time. I am getting " geeked up" to see McCartney tonite here. I swear to God, I am going to go "postal" if I read another stupid fucking American say " Oh poor Paul, he should have stopped a long time ago, his voice is shot now and should have retired years ago"??? 

f**k me,the guy is 80, not 30......

Alan, I may need you to help me do some " damage" tonite if it gets serious!  

Edited by Yessongs
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkia Great Gary pics buddy, glad you had a good time. I am getting " geeked up" to see McCartney tonite here. I swear to God, I am going to go "postal" if I read another stupid fucking American say " Oh poor Paul, he should have stopped a long time ago, his voice is shot now and should have retired yeas ago"??? 

f**k me,the guy is 80, not 30......

Alan, I may need you to help me do some " damage" tonite if it gets serious!  

Have a great time mate 😊

Look forward to another of your excellent threads about it.👍

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Had a huge fish in the night.  Was freezing but managed to deal with it and warm back up in my sleeping bag. Just enjoying the sun as it tries to warm the day up whilst drinking the first cup of tea of the day. 

20220508_102928.jpg

20220508_102910.jpg

What do you do, set your lure out before you go to bed and attach a bell to the rod, or some such thing? You're a dedicated man, lol...

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Anything old is overpriced by most people. Saw a CX500 for nearly ten grand recently,a fucking despatch bike!!.

You can still pick up old VFR750 and ZX-9R for sensible money if you look around.

No difference over here - people are asking absurd prices for anything used these days, whether they are "collectible" or not - gonna test the market myself soon with some machinery I'm not using anymore, maybe I'll even make some money on it....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

What do you do, set your lure out before you go to bed and attach a bell to the rod, or some such thing? You're a dedicated man, lol...

We use electronic bite alarms, if the line moves, a remote radio receiver squarks at you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

We use electronic bite alarms, if the line moves, a remote radio receiver squarks at you.

If they were internet enabled you wouldn't even have to leave home. Just send the rods and get some flunky to bait and cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from a 2 hour walk.

I didn't want to do it.

When I got home I felt no pleasure, no euphoric high, no interest in doing it again tomorrow. 

Such is the advantage of routine.

I will do the same today, a 2 hour walk that I did on Friday.

Somebody says it is good for me but I would rather sit on my backside at home but the same person says that is not good for me.

The mirror seems to notice a difference though so maybe I need to keep at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, fygjam said:

If they were internet enabled you wouldn't even have to leave home. Just send the rods and get some flunky to bait and cast.

But that would take away the challenge and skill of finding where the fish will feed and tricking them into picking up a bait. Then of course that is only the start of your problem, the huge fish I target scrap like f**k and it can take the best part of an hour to subdue them. Lots of patience and skill involved again!

Both of my two big fish so far this trip have come from a trap set at 250 yards. That's a long way to control and land a big fish from!

Plus the German beer here isn't as bad as the French stuff. :default_fun:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

But that would take away the challenge and skill of finding where the fish will feed and tricking them into picking up a bait.

As a matter of interest, how big is a carp's brain.

And no, I'm not a crusader for carp lives matter. I think they're disgusting creatures along with the disgusting creatures that let them loose in Australian waterways.