What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm suffering from cabin fever for the first time in at least a decade, probably two!!

My sciatica kicked in before Songkran but I can now walk short distances OK. I just don't know what I want! I have all the food, snacks and drink in that I need. I have very good friends and neighbours to talk to. I have enough cash in my room to order in anything I want but I don't know what I want other than to get out and walk somewhere...anywhere !! 

Just as @forcebwithu said... I can't wait for the 20th to come !!

Not long  to go, until your parole

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm suffering from cabin fever for the first time in at least a decade, probably two!!

My sciatica kicked in before Songkran but I can now walk short distances OK. I just don't know what I want! I have all the food, snacks and drink in that I need. I have very good friends and neighbours to talk to. I have enough cash in my room to order in anything I want but I don't know what I want other than to get out and walk somewhere...anywhere !! 

Just as @forcebwithu said... I can't wait for the 20th to come !!

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Not long  to go, until your parole

Edited by forcebwithu
fixed the countdown timer
  • Haha 2

Got off work at 0700 this morning, began my four days off with four hours of sleep before a bank appointment; it has been snowing since I woke up and while it's just above freezing and the snow is generally not sticking, it makes for a really miserable day and I have no further plans other than a warm blanket and Netflix...so sick of this long drawn-out spring we are having...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

Got off work at 0700 this morning, began my four days off with four hours of sleep before a bank appointment; it has been snowing since I woke up and while it's just above freezing and the snow is generally not sticking, it makes for a really miserable day and I have no further plans other than a warm blanket and Netflix...so sick of this long drawn-out spring we are having...

Crazy in Montreal too, up and down. Ice storm on the 5th knocked out power to half the city, 10 days later we had 27C. Back to reality today, rainy and 12C

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Crazy in Montreal too, up and down. Ice storm on the 5th knocked out power to half the city, 10 days later we had 27C. Back to reality today, rainy and 12C

Out of sympathy to you guys I'll refrain from complaining how hot it is here in Pattaya. :default_cheers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Slept late this morning. 

Got to sort some stuff out in the garage today.

I took a bait delivery yesterday and had to move some pellets out of sealed storage to accommodate it.

This morning I can smell the pellets quite strongly, they are on an elevated shelf, but it will attract mice. I need to empty some containers of older stuff to store them in. I hate throwing stuff out, but must needs etc.

Sitting watching the snooker drinking tea, need to get it sorted at some point today!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/18/2023 at 9:33 AM, Golfingboy said:

I have experienced just about every kind of weather event over my lifetime. By far the worst was a horrific ice storm. I'd take a fucking hurricane over one of them any day.

• Like 1

I managed to get my pellets into storage boxes without throwing too much away, which makes me very happy.

Also the sun came out for a while, so I took the opportunity to rig up some of my carp rods ready for action.

Had dinner and watching the snooker.

After it will be Tescos for some shopping and probably a visit to a mate who needs help with a couple of things.

Hopefully be back home for tonights Snooker again.

18 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Still snowing this morning as I woke up and I had 2" of wet slush in the yard; now it's 4:00PM and still alternating snow with rain - so much for my days off this week; f**k it, I'm going to the pub.

rsz_img_1836.jpg

Don’t know how you deal with the amount of time you have snow.

I hate the cold weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Don’t know how you deal with the amount of time you have snow.

I hate the cold weather.

I have had the same conversation with Gord recently.

Trouble is Home is Home and its not easy to move away from what you love.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking for travel insurance which covers riding scooters to 125,every time i click on a link from one of the providers in search results only gives options for winter sports ect ,,struggling to find insurance cover including scooter,really cant remember what i did over xmas trip,could this be a reason so many who crash dont have insurance ! have wasted a lot of time on searching,cant call from here,and some links dont work from here probably something to do with works ip address or something,if anyone has any pointers id appreciate the nod in right direction.

4 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Looking for travel insurance which covers riding scooters to 125,every time i click on a link from one of the providers in search results only gives options for winter sports ect ,,struggling to find insurance cover including scooter,really cant remember what i did over xmas trip,could this be a reason so many who crash dont have insurance ! have wasted a lot of time on searching,cant call from here,and some links dont work from here probably something to do with works ip address or something,if anyone has any pointers id appreciate the nod in right direction.

https://www.holidayextras.com/travel-insurance/sports/motorcycle.html

apparently most policies cover up to 125cc if you have the proper license ( according to google ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

I think the insurance covers for most accidents including riding a bike, it is whether you are licenced to ride the bike that matters and the majority are not.

I have a UK driving licence that covers me for small cc bikes but nothing like 125cc, so you are not legally allowed to ride a bike in Thailand even if the bike company lets you hire one. It's a good get out clause for your travel insurance company.

Took me years to realise that having a UK car driving licence doesn't allow me to ride a higher cc motorbike in Thailand . A friendly BIB advised me I was riding illegally; I went straight to route 36 centre to get a Thai licence.

• Great Info 1