What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just been watching the Eastern European fellas across the street kicking off with each other. Looks like they are all pissed up.

Funny as f**k 

No surprise they built Broadmore down the road, we are all fucking nuts in Bracknell .

😂

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Thanks Alan, hey since I am still shaking off the cob-webs, one of those little beauties is in the "Yessongs"  trophy case and hall of fame from 1975...care to take a guess at which one?  :default_goodjob:

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

I’ll go for the one in the dark dress on your left , still looks great, but I bet she was a stunner when she was younger.

The one on your right wearing white .... because she is "leaning in" towards you ......

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 10:55 AM, Phantom51red said:

Waiting to board to Amsterdam,hated packing this morning in dynasty Inn,even tho took me 2 minutes with small backpack,its the thought 😅 16846412309902010451381356105911.jpg

Dreadful, isn't it. 

I have developed kind of a routine when packing. I will put a few things in the bag(s). Then pace around the room (house) for a while thinking and looking at things, then repeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, Horizondave said:

Been to my mother and father's grave in Cefn Coed near Merthyr Tydfil.  Kataleya wanted to talk with my her grandparents (same as me), she also wanted to show off her new Squishmallow toy, who she has named Elsie after my mum.  It was a beautiful day to lay flowers and clean up the plot.

Very humbling to see all the graves that are so well cared for, it is a lovely (if you can say that) cemetery and I always have a walk around, sad to see so many graves of youngsters and children, always noticeable with the toys and balloons freshly laid.

Now back in Neath relaxing, Kataleya has gone off to her friends for the day until about 6 pm. Good for me to settle in and watch the football, absolutely expecting Man City to make mincemeat of my beloved Chelsea..

As I arose from my twelve hour nap this morning the first thought that popped into my head was my smiling brother, Matt. He died at the age of twelve, I was seven at the time. 

I remember when I came home from school that day, it was Valentines day. I had to come into the mud room to take my boots off as it was slushy out. My father was there to meet me. I can still feel his tears on the back of my neck as he hugged me and told me that Matt had died.

I looked into the living room. My mother who was with her best friend was sitting on the couch with her best friend, she was crying. A box of tissues next to her. 

After a few minutes my mother and I went into the kitchen and I opened the valentines day cards with her. I remember her looking at me smiling.

I am sixty four now and still often think about that day and how it changed our lives.

I haven't celebrated Valentines Day since then.

• Sad 10

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

As I arose from my twelve hour nap this morning the first thought that popped into my head was my smiling brother, Matt. He died at the age of twelve, I was seven at the time. 

I remember when I came home from school that day, it was Valentines day. I had to come into the mud room to take my boots off as it was slushy out. My father was there to meet me. I can still feel his tears on the back of my neck as he hugged me and told me that Matt had died.

I looked into the living room. My mother who was with her best friend was sitting on the couch with her best friend, she was crying. A box of tissues next to her. 

After a few minutes my mother and I went into the kitchen and I opened the valentines day cards with her. I remember her looking at me smiling.

I am sixty four now and still often think about that day and how it changed our lives.

I haven't celebrated Valentines Day since then.

So sorry to read your story. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sulking with a cup of tea.

Just lost a big Carp.

Rod at 180 yards got picked up and got weeded up. Went out in the boat, had to hand line to clear the weed, when I freed it, the fish powered off spinning me in the boat and promptly buried itself in another weed bed. This time I got to the rig tubing when the fish took me around a rock and cut me off.

Oh hum!!!!!!

This is a very difficult lake and has some monsters in it. Loosing one that way sucks big time.

At least they like my bait. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The one on your right wearing white .... because she is "leaning in" towards you ......

@galenkia Thanks for playing along boys, she is the one here in the middle. She is a great gal....67 year old "cougars" are good for my ego LOL! 

IMG_7960.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkia Thanks for playing along boys, she is the one here in the middle. She is a great gal....67 year old "cougars" are good for my ego LOL! 

IMG_7960.JPG

Looking good 50 years later. Just goes to show some parts of the country age better than other parts. I think I'll do y'all a favor and not post pictures from my 50th reunion in 2025. I graduated from Menomonee Falls North HS, a suburb of Milwaukee. The obesity capital of the US if not the world.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

Looking at fuel price at an Asda supermarket- for a very long time both petrol and diesel are almost at parity and a huge reduction from when diesel was £2 a litre last year !

IMG_9183.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

^^^

I always thought you were a piece of rope.

The story of how the nautical version of "painter" came to be begins in the mid-1300's with the Latin word "pendere", which means to hang something.  This word led to other closely related words such as "pendant", for a piece of jewelry hanging on a chain around the neck, and "pendulum" for the weighted rod which hangs under a clock and swings back and forth to regulate the movement of the mechanism.

When sailing ships needed a way to hang their anchor over the side of a boat, they used a sturdy rope for that.  So it was logical to call that rope a pendere, as it served the purpose of hanging something - the anchor, very similar to a pendant or a pendulum.

The French changed the Latin word pendere into "peintour" to suit their own language.  And the English changed the French word peintour into "paynter".  Finally, along came the Americans, and changed the word paynter into "painter".

From there, a painter was also applied to a rope on the bow of a ship used for towing, or securing the boat to a dock.

Sorry, an American piece of rope a piece of American rope.

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

^^^

I always thought you were a piece of rope.

The story of how the nautical version of "painter" came to be begins in the mid-1300's with the Latin word "pendere", which means to hang something.  This word led to other closely related words such as "pendant", for a piece of jewelry hanging on a chain around the neck, and "pendulum" for the weighted rod which hangs under a clock and swings back and forth to regulate the movement of the mechanism.

When sailing ships needed a way to hang their anchor over the side of a boat, they used a sturdy rope for that.  So it was logical to call that rope a pendere, as it served the purpose of hanging something - the anchor, very similar to a pendant or a pendulum.

The French changed the Latin word pendere into "peintour" to suit their own language.  And the English changed the French word peintour into "paynter".  Finally, along came the Americans, and changed the word paynter into "painter".

From there, a painter was also applied to a rope on the bow of a ship used for towing, or securing the boat to a dock.

Sorry, an American piece of rope a piece of American rope.

Whilst I regularly use a painter to tie the dinghy up, or towing dinghie ashore after racing, my board name comes from when i was signing up to another board, and taking a break from painting a door. 

It hadn't crossed my mind about my names other use until you mentioned it!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, AJSP said:

Looking at fuel price at an Asda supermarket- for a very long time both petrol and diesel are almost at parity and a huge reduction from when diesel was £2 a litre last year !

IMG_9183.jpeg

Wasn’t petrol the same price as diesel then?.

Sure I paid nearly £2 a gallon when I still had my bike.

Just been on the phone to my sim only provider. 

Despite it taking over an hour, me losing the will to live over them going on the terms and conditions with a strong South Asian accent, and having to do it twice, once for my number, once for my wife's number, it was well worth it.  Halved our monthly fee and first 3 months free on both on signing up for new 24month contracts. 

So saved well over £500 easy.

The guy on the line actually said to me when it was time to do my wife's, 'Can you ask your wife to try not to get as stressed as you, as it just takes longer' :lol:

Think his head near fell off when i told him it's my wife's number, but i pay for it, so he would be dealing with me on the phone through the whole process again!

Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_2_15.25_PM.thumb.png.104963d240938d8451f377ec10d74ab3.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

Just having a bite to eat after my first dental cleaning in a very long while. Have to go back Monday for the top row, they spent an hour just scraping the bottom. A bloody miracle I only need one previous cavity repaired or crowned. A bit of bone loss beneath the gums too because of all the tartar

A huge relief,  because I was sure I would be staring at a potential bill of $10K+++ after all that time. It’s a new shop that offered a promo including all the x-rays plus the cleaning for under $200 CAD, dirt cheap nowadays 

Also the service was impeccable. 2 nice French brunettes at the front desk. A blonde hygienist did all the work, damn was I in pain a few times from the scrapes. And a hot Viet dentist who barely looked high school age, finished up by examining me all of 5 minutes, just to agree that all was good and maybe 2 teeth needed work

So relieved……

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

I am currently in the Miracle Lounge FIRST CLASS, with 2 more hours to go !!!

I am eating "finger sandwiches" . I've gone with the salad sandwich, and the cheese sandwich to which I have added fried eggs. A choggy shop in South Armagh wouldn't dare serve this shit to the troops in the 80s!!! (Coincidently I was back on the NI nightmares last night!)

The choice of wine is Mont Clair red, Mar y sol white or Mont Clair "pink champagne" which was my choice but unfortunately there are no pint glasses to drink it out of ...

I have started a collection of stains on my shirt and trousers already...should be looking good tomorrow !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am currently in the Miracle Lounge FIRST CLASS, with 2 more hours to go !!!

I am eating "finger sandwiches" . I've gone with the salad sandwich, and the cheese sandwich to which I have added fried eggs. A choggy shop in South Armagh wouldn't dare serve this shit to the troops in the 80s!!! (Coincidently I was back on the NI nightmares last night!)

The choice of wine is Mont Clair red, Mar y sol white or Mont Clair "pink champagne" which was my choice but unfortunately there are no pint glasses to drink it out of ...

I have started a collection of stains on my shirt and trousers already...should be looking good tomorrow !!

Safe travels Mr. Dangleberries.

• Thanks 1