What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

28 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Yes, provided you catch the right one. 

Ah, that's good to know. Each time I whack in a search for Liverpool St to LHR T2 it throws up every option apart from the Elizabeth line (on google). I can even hop off at Shenfield and get one direct, probably easier all round.

Edited by Butch

Just changed my hotel booking in Bangkok for 26 September, my last night.

I was booked at Night Hotel on Soi 15, but I kept thinking about the need to leave early, around 4.30am to get to the airport for my 7.15 am departure on Finnair. I have now booked the Novotel Suvarnabhumi airport at a cost of about £40 more. 

Now, there is method in my madness.

I was going to get a taxi from Hua Hin to the Night Hotel on the 25th at a cost of about 2000 baht (didn't want to go via the airport). I would then need to pay about 500 baht for a taxi to the airport at around 4.30 am. Ok, the hotel plus taxis would make the trip about £110 compared with a discounted deal at the Novotel airport for £97.  I will now take the bus from Hua Hin to the airport and the train into Bangkok in the early evening before returning to the airport hotel. That will add on about £15 so not too different in cost of either stay, but having the hotel right at the airport for a 7.15 departure (5.30am check in) is probably the deal breaker.

I like the idea of waking up and just walking to the check in area; taking a taxi early at 4.30 am from Sukhumvit isn't really what I want to do, it is always a little stressful for me as getting the taxi on time and the travel to the airport in the early hours isn't really rocking my boat.

Maybe a lot of fuss about not much but I like the Novotel at the airport, very convenient.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Bazle said:

From TFL Journey Planner

20230829_162120.jpg

Yep, it doesn't make sense, because if I use the Greater Anglia journey planner, it routes me into Liverpool Street then 1 change for Elizabeth line into LHR.

seems daft to change at paddington and get off the Elizabeth line when it takes you right thru anyway.

Perhaps the algorithm they use might be for quickest and most cost effective.

Just now, Butch said:

Yep, it doesn't make sense, because if I use the Greater Anglia journey planner, it routes me into Liverpool Street then 1 change for Elizabeth line into LHR.

seems daft to change at paddington and get off the Elizabeth line when it takes you right thru anyway.

Try again! 

20230829_162610.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Just back from tyndrum 3 munros yesterday,only set out to do 2 ,but got down at around 1.30pm so de oded to cross the Glen and do another one,beinn a chroin 941m,an castiel 995m,then crauch ardrain 1046 m,about 34klm day,knacked,now time for a map,then will be packing for tomorrow s flight to Los.

VideoCapture_20230828-185352.jpgVideoCapture_20230828-190948.jpg20230828_184805.jpg20230828_150140.jpgScreenshot_20230828_171248_Outdooractive.jpg20230828_123221.jpg20230828_110651.jpgVideoCapture_20230828-185643.jpgVideoCapture_20230828-191515.jpgScreenshot_20230828_184916_Samsung Health.jpg

Big well done! Great photos too

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Butch said:

The cynic in me says they want to sell tickets on the Heathrow Express. Those of us in London with old fogies' free transport cards can do the journey free on the Elizabeth Line, but have to pay for the Heathrow Express. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Thinking about how beautiful life is. Yet, at the same time how sometimes awkward and diffiuclt it can be.

Push through every day, as long as you can. It's worth it.

Yup, makes me think of those 3-4 times where I was pissed & ready to BF a beautiful young Thai lady…….until I got the good sense to ask “pooying mai”? And got the wrong answer 

Better safe than sorry, I guess

52 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from the pharmacy as I’ve been having really bad indigestion lately.

Fucking great big bottle they sold me 

😂

IMG_0548.jpeg

Haven’t chewed any tablets for months Thank God…..The COVID really messed up my digestion especially if I ate before bed. Tried the liquid one bottle it worked good too. About ~ £10 for 60 tabs here

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Haven’t chewed any tablets for months Thank God…..The COVID really messed up my digestion especially if I ate before bed. Tried the liquid one bottle it worked good too. About ~ £10 for 60 tabs here

Never had trouble before, just recently.

I’m on enough medication as it is.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Feeling guilty as hell now for winning a 4-leg parlay……first 3 matches were a cinch, the decider was my local baby Leylah….went against her. She wins 2nd set 7-5, then the Russian came back from 4-3 to take it 6-4 on a break. 

A few quid richer, but not very patriotic of me 🇨🇦

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Never had trouble before, just recently.

I’m on enough medication as it is.

I don’t believe it Allan…..you’re just high on life mate. Just hope you keep my arse sober enough to introduce Bracknell’s beauties to my miniature Canadian salami someday soon

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

What does this stuff do ?  ^^^^

Sometimes "indigestion" can be confused with "heartburn" or acid reflux (...or Gerd). 

Medications (and booze) can irritate the esophgus, stomach and/or intestine lining. Causing pre ulcers or ulcers. Also untreated ulcers can lead to cancer. Stress and some foods can also cause it. 

**** Yougurt is fantastic for getting gut issues back in order.

I have been taking omeprazole ( over the counter,  generic Priolsec). Over here it is called miracid. Works like a charm.

Trouble is.... if you miss a day, you suffer like hell. Takes about 3 days of irritation and a lot of antacids to get off of it.

I also rarely eat much 3 hours before bed. Makes a huge difference.

-------------------------------------------------------

ulcers can be healed though. They have this stuff that fills in the ulceration and heals it. Takes a few days and also have to be on a very strict diet during that time.

Edited by Glasseye

@Glasseye All the same stuff IMO. Tight chest, burning, it had different severities for me for Gaviscon cures it no doubt. 

What I’ve had twice, 12/8 and 1/11 remember well, sounds like esophageal spasm…..the thing that I thought was a heart attack. But that’s when I didn’t know what was going on with myself, the cortisol/anxiety/CNS imbalance  can really screw up your digestion. Anyway, once was at 5 am, once was at dinner time right after a big sandwich(like you enjoy often-I warned you)after a 24 hour fast laying in bed- first time was an ambulance, 2nd time I tried to calm down but heart was pounding for 40 minutes. Not pleasant, I’d compare it to a hard swallow being cleared by a big gulp of water, but not exactly- feels like a big hole opens up near your heart, along with crippling anxiety and for me a shock at back of skull. Not pleasant

Edited by Golfingboy

24 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

@Glasseye All the same stuff IMO. Tight chest, burning, it had different severities for me for Gaviscon cures it no doubt. 

What I’ve had twice, 12/8 and 1/11 remember well, sounds like esophageal spasm…..the thing that I thought was a heart attack. But that’s when I didn’t know what was going on with myself, the cortisol/anxiety/CNS imbalance  can really screw up your digestion. Anyway, once was at 5 am, once was at dinner time right after a big sandwich(like you enjoy often-I warned you)after a 24 hour fast laying in bed- first time was an ambulance, 2nd time I tried to calm down but heart was pounding for 40 minutes. Not pleasant, I’d compare it to a hard swallow being cleared by a big gulp of water, but not exactly- feels like a big hole opens up near your heart, along with crippling anxiety and for me a shock at back of skull. Not pleasant

Oh FCUK.     I have had small ones and those spasms hurt like a son of a byatch !    

I am working again to a goal of getting off my b.p. and heartburn meds. Making good progress. The key is the weight loss and regular exercise.

I've done it before, I can do it again.

Going for a blood test in a few days for a base line.    Medications can really create issues. 

6 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I just finished four nights of work with beautiful weather - the lowest overnight temperature was 13C on the last night which is most unusual for this time of year, and under one of the most beautiful moons I have ever seen; my apologies for the crappy photo but I had to give it a try:

rsz_img_2063.jpg

Now I've had my four hours of sleep and a late brunch, and it's off to the pub to catch up with my mates on cheap draft day...

It's a super blue moon 👍

Edited by Stillearly

Sitting at the Macau Airport.....we were just told we are the last flight of the day at Air Asia..all of the rest of the  airline flights are now cancelled due to a "Signal 8" Typhoon Saola.  What a break huh?  Get the feeling it is going to be a bumpy ride back to Don Mueang.

Had a blast here.......dam it is expensive to play "Blackjack" at The Venetian. $500 Hong Kong Dollars per hand was the cheapest last night.  When I asked the pit boss if there were any $100 Hong Kong Dollar tables.......he laughed. 

When I won 4 hands in a row last night ( wifey was back in the room already) this China Doll smiles at me. She was sitting a few chairs down from me....I smiled back. I am pretty sure she was sending me a strong message that she thought I was a "high roller" and wanted to perhaps trade recipes on how to make " Chinese Chicken Salad" back in her room :default_getdown:

IMG_1545.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3