What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Historically the Apple transfer has worked far better than Android, but my last two transfers on Samsung have been very good. You do have to log back in to some third party apps though!

All I am really worried about is transferring my WhatsApp and Line Apps and all the associated data from my existing android phone to a new one. As I am very comfortable with my current OPPO phone to me it makes sense  to stay with OPPO.

If I am cloning one phone to another am I right in believing that having carried out that exercise both phones should then look and look and act identical to one another. By that I mean as far as Apps and associated data is concerned not any additional bells and whistles there may be on the new phone.

25 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

At home in Scotland currently looking for flights back to Los between 20th,24th dec...not looking good for prices from Scotland as expected,,so checked Barcelona and London as that's the 2 airports my work are flying me through  plenty options.

Expect fares to be high during that time of year, no matter what you do.

The main trouble I run into during that period is finding a hotel I like that isn't already booked up. The goods ones (if they have anything even available) will jack you in the ass.

Book early.

Before I finally moved over here I would avoid that time of year like the plauge. This year will be an exception, but I will be travelling domestically.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, maipenrai said:

The coolest I ever saw in BKK was 14C, and that after being in Udonthani at 10C - it was a cold wind blowing down from China that had most of Thailand freezing; the poor Thais were suffering terribly, out on the sidewalks huddled around charcoal braziers all bundled up trying to keep warm, and here's Canadian me walking around in my Pattaya shirts and shorts which were all I had - I felt the cool too but wasn't going to show it - "Canada man always warm!!" - got a lot of tight hugs from the girls, 555....

They are already bitching about it up here in CM. Their jaws drop when I tell them how beautiful it is.     555555555 !

12 hours ago, Binlid said:

Went to see Mott the Hoople at The Stadium in Liverpool,  Nov 1973, their support band was Queen 

Funny that; I went to see them on the same tour at the Hammersmith Odeon in December 1973.

I was there for Mott and when I realised that Queen were just a lot of noise, my brother and I went to the foyer for hot dogs and went back to our seats after Queen finished.

Ironic as their music offering changed direction and the new sound made me become a big fan.

1973 was a good year for concerts.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just realised it is 19 November and I have still not permanently put my heating on. I admit that I did put the heating on once for 2 hours back in late October, but never since.

In fact, the temperature isn't that bad and with oodies on all of us, we are finding it fine without the central heating on.

My 2 year fixed deal finished on 31 October, so I am now paying about 60% more for my utilities than previously, so using less electric and gas is a bonus. I was paying £82.00 a month up till 31 October and now, I am fixed for a year at £132.50.

Hoping the milder weather will last for awhile yet.

Just for those who want to know what an oodie is:

OOdie.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just realised it is 19 November and I have still not permanently put my heating on. I admit that I did put the heating on once for 2 hours back in late October, but never since.

In fact, the temperature isn't that bad and with oodies on all of us, we are finding it fine without the central heating on.

My 2 year fixed deal finished on 31 October, so I am now paying about 60% more for my utilities than previously, so using less electric and gas is a bonus. I was paying £82.00 a month up till 31 October and now, I am fixed for a year at £132.50.

Hoping the milder weather will last for awhile yet.

Just for those who want to know what an oodie is:

OOdie.png

Only had mine on once, currently paying about £50 a month due to being at work all the time! I’m sat in my local now next to the log fire 🔥 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Only had mine on once, currently paying about £50 a month due to being at work all the time! I’m sat in my local now next to the log fire 🔥 

Real logs? Or a gas burner. Haven't seen a fire place in years

On 11/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, boydeste said:

Woke up a decent time today, well still technically morning anyway. 

Took a walk down the green mile to Lumphini Park and did a circuit in the afternoon sun and back. Ducked across to soi 8 and went for a nice oil massage. 

A bit painful, but you get a proper massage from these older ladies and no extras.

20231118_124138.jpg

Which is the massage shop in Soi 8 where they don’t pester you for extras? I haven’t found it yet!

Thanks 🙏 

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

All I am really worried about is transferring my WhatsApp and Line Apps and all the associated data from my existing android phone to a new one. As I am very comfortable with my current OPPO phone to me it makes sense  to stay with OPPO.

If I am cloning one phone to another am I right in believing that having carried out that exercise both phones should then look and look and act identical to one another. By that I mean as far as Apps and associated data is concerned not any additional bells and whistles there may be on the new phone.

You can only have one line account active on an android device. Make sure you know your log in details and password before you transfer. Back up your chat history. Also WhatsApp accounts are usually associated with the phone number, so the same is needed.

Back up your WhatsApp before you transfer,  mine backs up once a week anyway. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Thanks for the info, I think that’s Ananya where I went last year 

Ended up with a hand shandy I hadn’t asked for and got charged 1000 baht 😂

Never had anything other than a massage in the last one on the right before Monsoon. 

Possible it's lady depending,  but I had several different ones now.

Maybe you are young, fit with a tool she just wanted to play with. Used to happen to me many years ago, but not so much now. Lol.

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Never had anything other than a massage in the last one on the right before Monsoon. 

Possible it's lady depending,  but I had several different ones now.

Maybe you are young, fit with a tool she just wanted to play with. Used to happen to me many years ago, but not so much now. Lol.

I’m not young anymore 😂 but reasonably fit. I’m due to arrive on an early morning flight so I just want a hot shower and massage before I can check in to my hotel. Need to save the fireworks for later on the first night!

• Thumbs Up 2