What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Grabbing the train and bus home…$160, down to $58, cashed out $210….and I don’t run very well…Getting better at this game. Yes there are players even more horrible than me, many of them 

IMG_0741.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

" I cannot dress like you want when my Mom was around" I let her off the hook and told her "Ok I understand"  I was a kind and caring nice guy back then LOL! 

Her outfits are now in the Yessongs standard when you roll with me :default_blum: I love kidding around with her. 

One of you guys has to have a similiar story....would love to hear it. 

DSC07706.JPG

IMG_5965.jpg

My funny story with my Pinay way back in 2001-02 was when we hit the counter of a fast food place. So apparently even with as many men that leave their lady with 5 kids and move on to a younger version,  during the “courting process” and beyond the guy has to be shown paying 

So even though I spoiled her, she reciprocated often, we both worked and life was much cheaper back then- a couple of 25 year olds making less than 2X minimum wage had a 2,000 SF home after 6 months of saving….If only I’d known how good I had it! Shoot me now! 

Anyway, whenever she paid for McDonald’s etc, she would give me a nudge while we were next up in line, and  pass me her debit card so it looked like I got the bill…. Funny! I was in lust with a busty Filipino stripper in Arizona in 2008, never smashed but I told her that story and she laughed, she knew all too well how they are.  That being said Mike, I think the culture shock for Westerner/Filipino is nothing compared to Thailand, with all the face-saving BS

The “minimum wage 20-something couple’s home” 😂😂😂 Off Google 2 decades later, I’m no handyman but on possession date, I went to Home Depot and bought those 3 numbers for about $6 & drilled them in…..I’m a lazy bigger but I figured a new home needs an address no? 

Oh yeah, less than an hour to Banff too

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:29 PM, Glasseye said:

First time I have been sick in 2 years. My lungs ache, hacking. No fever though.

Fcuk

I am already improving.

This indicates to me that my issues were were related to poor air quality that built up in CM.

I have escaped to HH, Patts, and BKK until rainy season comes back.

Dog awful up there now. Horrible.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Got given this leaflet by protesters outside Barclays Bank earlier.

Interesting.

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

Used to be Barclays and South Africa many years ago. Mind you Israel has been considered a well respected, responsible democratic state.

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Mind you Israel has been considered a well respected, responsible democratic state.

By whom?

I've been boycotting Israeli goods for years.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, fygjam said:

Pick your vaccine carefully (if you have the choice).

Zostavax - single shot - 41% effective in 70-79yo, 18% effective in those over 80.

Shingrix - two shots 2-6 months apart 97.9% effective in those over 70 years.

Had my first Shingrix shot a couple of weeks ago. Had Zostavax years ago.

I was given the Zostavax 🤬 

Wonder why they didn’t offer Shingrix?

Penny pinching I suppose. 🥴

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I am already improving.

This indicates to me that my issues were were related to poor air quality that built up in CM.

I have escaped to HH, Patts, and BKK until rainy season comes back.

Dog awful up there now. Horrible.

I think my flight left 2/19 and I spent 2-3 final weeks in BKK & Pattaya back in 2009…..so I never had the pleasure of the slash & burn air issues

As much as I loved CM, it’s a serious issue for sure…..Does an expat really want to buy/rent his dream home, but feel the need to disappear 10 weeks a year or more ?Those numbers, I think the highest I saw was 282 online, are scary….

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I think my flight left 2/19 and I spent 2-3 final weeks in BKK & Pattaya back in 2009…..so I never had the pleasure of the slash & burn air issues

As much as I loved CM, it’s a serious issue for sure…..Does an expat really want to buy/rent his dream home, but feel the need to disappear 10 weeks a year or more ?Those numbers, I think the highest I saw was 282 online, are scary….

- I have no personal concept of a "dream home"

- People do split locations all the time 50-50, 70-30, etc. all the time

- Up to you

• Thumbs Up 1

The Macbook charger that I bought from the Apple store in Bangkok about a month ago has packed up,effing receipt is in our house in Korat & we’re in Pattaya.

Bro in law is going to courier it to a friend of the missus in Bangkok as we’re planning a couple of days there before I go back to the cold.

shite I could’ve done without but glad I packed my iPad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

Got given this leaflet by protesters outside Barclays Bank earlier.

Interesting.

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

No mention of the murders & rapes carried out by Hamas terrorists which started all this.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Excellent, how do I join Barclays' fight against terrorism !!???

Don’t worry,when the UK becomes a muslim state Barclays will be banned.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Don’t worry,when the UK becomes a muslim state Barclays will be banned.

Of course UK will never become a muslim state. But whether Islam becomes the largest religion in the UK by numbers depends on whether the huge drop in British followers of Christianity of all types continues - i expect it will. Hinduism and Buddhism trail behind and no chance of them dominating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

No mention of the murders & rapes carried out by Hamas terrorists which started all this.

You don't think the Irgun or Stern Gang had a hand in starting things?

Whilst the thread's in danger of entering into 'politics', i have to say reading the thread just now has just put me in the mood to go get a couple of pots of my favourite Israeli hummus. The best in the world IMO.

Might even look at getting the Barclays Clarity Card. 

As someone who grew up somewhere where terrorists were ubiquitous, i support anything that helps eradicate them.

Kap Pom!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

i support anything that helps eradicate them.

Indiscriminately bombing, shelling  and murdering 30,000+ Palastinian civilians will likely kill a few terrorists and hostages as collateral damage. Any support will, i am sure, be welcomed. Eradication will not be achieved.

Alternatively carrying out a hunt and kill operation by capturing, torturing and bribing known terrorist leaders, sympathisers and informants would increase the number of terrorists killed and captured (to be quickly killed with no mercy as no mercy is due).

No doubt Israel has killed many hostages and allowed the majority of terrorists to escape in the fog of war. The Israeli government "war" is not a planned military response it is a polirical manouevre.

13 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Indiscriminately bombing, shelling  and murdering 30,000+ Palastinian civilians will likely kill a few terrorists and hostages as collateral damage. Any support will, i am sure, be welcomed. Eradication will not be achieved.

Alternatively carrying out a hunt and kill operation by capturing, torturing and bribing known terrorist leaders, sympathisers and informants would increase the number of terrorists killed and captured (to be quickly killed with no mercy as no mercy is due).

No doubt Israel has killed many hostages and allowed the majority of terrorists to escape in the fog of war. The Israeli government "war" is not a planned military response it is a polirical manouevre.

To repeat -

As someone who grew up somewhere where terrorists were ubiquitous, i support anything that helps eradicate them.

Hope that helps, anything else relevant can go in the relevant thread in the politics section!

tu.gif

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2