What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

20240322_134854.jpg

37 will be my next trigger point. Did the same during the last run up back in October. Moved chunks of money over at 35, 36 and tried, but failed when it hit 37. I figure I might as well bank the money here for future use when the exchange rate is that favorable.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

To arrive @thumper63, to arrive :default_biggrin:

Sorry mate. Times I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Plus I've been stuck with that damn ukguy fellow for the past 5 days and I'm now a bit confused on just about everything 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

Just left the Time Bar. Was there with Brian and coxyhog. Very pleasant evening. Im heading down to visit Phil for a few minutes. 

Mr Coxy... I can't tell you how nice it's been running amuck with you the past 4 to 5 days. You sir are a true gentleman and please tell that lovely wife of yours that Brian and I send our Best.

Till next time.... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Mr Coxy... I can't tell you how nice it's been running amuck with you the past 4 to 5 days. You sir are a true gentleman and please tell that lovely wife of yours that Brian and I send our Best.

It was a pleasure to meet you & Brian mate.

Just checked into the Ibis Styles on Soi Nana in Bangkok,after our palatial condo in Grand Avenue it seems very small but only for 3 nights so no probs.Quite a good drive from Pattaya it took around 2 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Binlid said:

Me too, meet my Monstera that will need re-potting when we get back from Thailand in May.

20240225_060452.jpg

Is that what they're called?  I've got one too but never knew.  Just throw some water at it every few months.

monstera.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Looking forward to seeing if my plants have survived two months without water ... 555

Pretty good chance.

If they're plastic.

• Haha 4

Probably for the GoGo thread , but just quoted 3000 Baht bf in Windmill... or if I wait until 01:00 1500 Baht ... and LT 5000 apparently.. girl didn't say anything only mamasan involved ( when I asked the girl before , she said she didn't know price .. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Probably for the GoGo thread , but just quoted 3000 Baht bf in Windmill... or if I wait until 01:00 1500 Baht ... and LT 5000 apparently.. girl didn't say anything only mamasan involved ( when I asked the girl before , she said she didn't know price .. 🤷‍♂️

Not been in there for 8 years or so, dreadful place. Has it been taken over by Pin Up😄

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Looking forward to seeing if my plants have survived two months without water ... 555

Depends what they are, if they are from a hot dry climate they will be okay.

29 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Not been in there for 8 years or so, dreadful place. Has it been taken over by Pin Up😄

Pin Up / XS / Opium all had good lineups , but most look bored ..

was just shocked at Windmill , I expected the Babydolls prices..

• Thumbs Up 1

Been looking at hotels in phnom phen I usually only go to Thailand for 3-4 weeks this time I'm thinking 6-8 weeks  not been to pp in near 20 years I have heard it has really changed or I might just fly to ankor wat 

Last time I was in pp I stayed at the pickled parrot I think that was on 136 st right in the action

Any suggestions would be great

How long does it take to get from pp to siem reap ? By bus or boat I recall don't go by bus if in the wet season the potholes just about swallowed the whole bus

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, KWA said:

Is that what they're called?  I've got one too but never knew.  Just throw some water at it every few months.

monstera.jpg

These plants will need watering every 10 days to 2 weekly, the brown leaf tips and yellowing is caused by under watering. Some house plant food added to the water during the summer months is also a good idea.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Binlid said:

These plants will need watering every 10 days to 2 weekly, the brown leaf tips and yellowing is caused by under watering. Some house plant food added to the water during the summer months is also a good idea.

I check our plants twice a week. If the bowls are dry I give them a drink. The snake plants I feel the soil, if it’s moist I leave it, they come from a very dry place in Africa so don’t like overwatering.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Been looking at hotels in phnom phen I usually only go to Thailand for 3-4 weeks this time I'm thinking 6-8 weeks  not been to pp in near 20 years I have heard it has really changed or I might just fly to ankor wat 

Last time I was in pp I stayed at the pickled parrot I think that was on 136 st right in the action

Any suggestions would be great

How long does it take to get from pp to siem reap ? By bus or boat I recall don't go by bus if in the wet season the potholes just about swallowed the whole bus

I was recently in Siem Reap and the prices were approximately $12 - 18 for the bus and $40 - 50 for a taxi for about a 6 hour bus or 5 hour taxi journey to Phnom Penh. You can fly up for about $90. The new Siem Reap airport is an hour and $25 out of town.

A $36 e-visa will get you though Phnom Penh airport quicker and allows you to buy a single ticket if you are undecided on where to next or when. Mine took a just over 24 hours from applying to getting it.

Pass app is the Grab equivalent in Cambodia. I never bothered with a Cambodian SIM card so I used the phone number of an obliging waitress. An aside is that to this day I still see where and when she uses Pass sending me e-mail. 

Personally I stick with riel for everything as if you use US dollar you end up with both anyway. KISS principle.

Siem Reap is a lovely town and handy for the Temples, Tonle Sap etc. but P4P is limited. Sok San road has some shop house girly bars.

If you overstay and have to pay a fine it's worth it as they march you straight to the front of the immigration line telling all and sundry that you overstayed.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1