What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

If you get around by motorbike head down Pattaya Tai, cross 3rd road then when you have passed Pattaya City Resort, but before Soi Khopai/Soi 16, there is an offie on the left. That is where I used to buy my "box wine"..... Mont Clair was 920 baht whilst everywhere else was 993. Not a big saving unless you drink a box every 2 days ..... And they sell La Vida ..

This sounds good.....

But for central Pattaya.....I would say Friendship has the cheapest wine prices...They try hard to keep prices down even in the face of Thailands awful wine policies and taxes....

The BEST alcohol store on Pattaya Klang was neck and neck with Friendship for the cheapest prices for years but the race is over and Friendship is the winner... 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The coffee must have tasted quite salty.

image.jpeg

You might say so.... we had a tidal surge 3 nights ago combined with spring tides... instead of the predicted 5.5m high tide, it hit about 6.3.... unfortunately our sea defences are only 6.2m... so many flooded fields and properties. My neighbouring sailing club's carpark/boat park is currently 8' under, with the sea defences now doing a damn good job of keeping the water in. There is an ancient but well serviced sluice gate that the original farmers used to drain the marshes that are now car park... except the handle is 5' under and no one can find it...

Fortunately apart from a few low flying pebbles, I got off unscathed.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

The BEST alcohol store on Pattaya Klang was neck and neck with Friendship for the cheapest prices for years but the race is over and Friendship is the winner... 

Totally agree.. Back in the olden days I used Best on Dolphin roundabout because it was so easy to drive in, park park round the back, drive around again then head on up to Surin.. Good prices and you could buy before 11am.... The one on Pattaya Tai opens early too if you are ever desperate ... 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Painter said:

The trip was so good they went several times!!  😀

Sorry🤪 I tried to include a photo but it didn’t allow me, didn’t know I’d posted 3 times. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Playing in another pool comp.

So far I have won one and lost one hill hill in the group stage. 

My game is pretty good so far tonight.

Well that went well. 

NOT.

Lost my next game hill hill, then got hammered 4 to 0 by a guy I gave a start to. Ffs.

Beer time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Well that went well. 

NOT.

Lost my next game hill hill, then got hammered 4 to 0 by a guy I gave a start to. Ffs.

Beer time.

Get ready for that flight mate. Headphones on the alert/properly charged. Download some good tunes. You will be happy.

Will start going through the 383 pictures I took in Patts today. Of course wifey is already looking and saying such things as " Wow, I am looking a bit older in pictures these days" 

I felt like saying "Welcome to the club"! LOL! 

IMG_2278 .jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am grinning like a Cheshire Cat at the moment !!

Brilliant!

😻😻

Been fun, nothing like the craziness of Pattaya. But then no pissed up farangs.

The 'main' celebration/ water fight is mostly round the Royal Palace area at the moment, think it'll kick off here about 5pm. I seen them put up barricades and filling huge water tanks. We're all the hotel pool now, she's torturing and playing with other kids and their parents here. All good natured fun. Don't think we'll throw her into the main crowd later, she's only 7, and said she wanted to come to the pool. 

We can eat is the air-conditioning opulence of King Power later, marked safe from flour and water 🤣

20240413_110306.jpg

20240413_105924.jpg

20240413_105923.jpg

20240413_110300.jpg

20240413_110258.jpg

20240413_110251.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Krapow said:

Getting someone prepared to participate in their first Songkran.

We've kinda shielded her from it before, but now she's raring to go, and it's a lot more civilised round where we are!

20240412_211631.jpg

20240412_214722.jpg

20240412_214712.jpg

I hope all goes safely. I'm a big worry wart.

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Will start going through the 383 pictures I took in Patts today. Of course wifey is already looking and saying such things as " Wow, I am looking a bit older in pictures these days" 

I felt like saying "Welcome to the club"! LOL! 

IMG_2278 .jpg

Ha !

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Been fun, nothing like the craziness of Pattaya. But then no pissed up farangs.

The 'main' celebration/ water fight is mostly round the Royal Palace area at the moment, think it'll kick off here about 5pm. I seen them put up barricades and filling huge water tanks. We're all the hotel pool now, she's torturing and playing with other kids and their parents here. All good natured fun. Don't think we'll throw her into the main crowd later, she's only 7, and said she wanted to come to the pool. 

We can eat is the air-conditioning opulence of King Power later, marked safe from flour and water 🤣

20240413_110306.jpg

20240413_105924.jpg

20240413_105923.jpg

20240413_110300.jpg

20240413_110258.jpg

20240413_110251.jpg

It's in full flow on lower Suk, very civilized at the moment. Managed to walk from soi 3 to soi 11/1 for food without getting too wet, just my legs!

Soi 4 is nuts as expected.

20240413_145007.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's in full flow on lower Suk, very civilized at the moment. Managed to walk from soi 3 to soi 11/1 for food without getting too wet, just my legs!

Soi 4 is nuts as expected.

20240413_145007.jpg

Stay safe mate. I am hunkered down, as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1