What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Currently deciding what I am going to have for lunch in Secrets today.

Think I might totally confuse the service girls and the kitchen by ordering the butterfly chicken but  just with mushrooms and tomato. 😀

We had a big Stewards Inquiry between myself and Nui and Nung and eventually we seemed to be all of one mind.

My order was Butterfly chicken with mushrooms and tomato only.

"So no potato's?"

"Correct" says I.

Order goes into the kitchen and a couple of minutes later out come the on duty chef and a big discussion takes place between Service and the Chef. I hear the word "Potato" and I shout out "No potato just mushrooms and tomato"

Everyone repeats "Tomato" and I nod vigorously!

A few minutes later out come my lunch.

Butterfly.jpg.375a9802db6c33053cef161131c73283.jpg

🤗🤗🤗

It was delicious - including the potato wedges!

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

A great shift for me as I hate getting up in the mornings.

I did days for years but in the end i was struggling a bit with the monday hangovers,can't drink like i used to but i still think i can.So it was the best option to change shift.I prefer days in the summer though,was nice getting home at 3.45pm,but winter mornings were grim.

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

I did days for years but in the end i was struggling a bit with the monday hangovers,can't drink like i used to but i still think i can.So it was the best option to change shift.I prefer days in the summer though,was nice getting home at 3.45pm,but winter mornings were grim.

I used to rotate through all 3 shifts, finishing on mornings at 1500 going on to afternoons let me go fishing over night or get wasted. Happy days.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I used to rotate through all 3 shifts, finishing on mornings at 1500 going on to afternoons let me go fishing over night or get wasted. Happy days.

I did 15 years of 6 on 2 off rotating shift was great when i was young  able to get heaps done  now im on 1630 to 0330  it sucks im to old i need my regular sleep pattern 

Right now its 1300 and im just kicking back feeling tired but i head to work in a couple of hours

1 minute ago, Nickrock said:

I did 15 years of 6 on 2 off rotating shift was great when i was young  able to get heaps done  now im on 1630 to 0330  it sucks im to old i need my regular sleep pattern 

Right now its 1300 and im just kicking back feeling tired but i head to work in a couple of hours

1630 to 0330 makes no sense to me at all unless you are running a 2 shift system?

Used to do a lot of shift work as a young mechanic. When working in France the system was 3 shifts of 8h (cant remember exactly the hours). Night shift was a bit more relax as all senior management is absent, and you had a bit more independance. Of course in the winter not so funny as it is 8h outside...Remember I was in construction.

Overseas was 12h shifts , 6 days a week, switch day/night every 2 weeks. Holiday about 2 or 3 weeks every 4 months. Did that for many years.

Later, I was around 40,  went up a bit in position and no more shifts.

Much younger in the Navy, "shifts" were a completely different thing, with little sleep when on exercise at sea. Add to that the bad sea, and "battle stations"...... You learn to become "flexible"

On 2/3/2019 at 4:39 AM, galenkia said:

Holding my head in despair at the England test cricket team.

As @Krapow would say,a shambles.

Don't worry, you have an ashes series later in the year to make you feel better. We can only beat the Sri Lankans. The Indians whipped us in Oz, we might have done better if the batsmen could work out how to bat.. 

I agree a shambles.

14 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Don't worry, you have an ashes series later in the year to make you feel better. We can only beat the Sri Lankans. The Indians whipped us in Oz, we might have done better if the batsmen could work out how to bat.. 

I agree a shambles.

Coming into this series with the Windies we beat India 4-1 at home and Sri Lanka 3-0 away,where we never win.So i was pretty confident,but they have just been throwing their wickets away.Can see us struggle against Starc,Hazlewood,Cummins and Richardson.

Always remember the old interview with Micky Stewart when he was England manager in the 80's/90's when we always got smashed by the Aussies.The interviewer's first question was 'So tell me Mickey,why are the poms so crap?'.😀