What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Going to bed, just can't keep my eyes open.

I also have a drinking session tomorrow with a professional drinks taster so need my energies for the event.

I might just have burned myself out last night mate.

Met up with the manager of the place I'm contracting at for beers. Had him singing my praises about how I never let him down and then slept in for work this morning.

There's photos on my phone that show I called in at a friend's house on the way home. Looks like rum and cokes were the order of the day there.

Just had a call from a mate who wants to know how I got on with a young blond lady he left me with. What blond lady? Don't remember this bit at all.

2 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

I might just have burned myself out last night mate.

Met up with the manager of the place I'm contracting at for beers. Had him singing my praises about how I never let him down and then slept in for work this morning.

There's photos on my phone that show I called in at a friend's house on the way home. Looks like rum and cokes were the order of the day there.

Just had a call from a mate who wants to know how I got on with a young blond lady he left me with. What blond lady? Don't remember this bit at all.

Bring her along, I need to look at eye candy. It is lonely away from the other half....... 

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Really windy here near Heathrow, yesterday was a bit of a nightmare driving but I made it home.

I heard about one Emirates flight to Gatwick being diverted to Manchester after a couple of failed attempts to land, and I was at Edinburgh picking friends up who reckon their flight came in sideways, so it seems most of the country was affected.

Spent ages last Friday/Saturday trying to get the wife a business class seat to Thailand for Sunday. Finally managed it and off she went. 

Spoke to her this morning and it turns out she got bumped up on Thai Airways to First class. I thought she’d be happy, but no, I get bollocked for spending so much money on her!

Despite my protestations, she won’t believe I didn’t pay for 1st class!

Can’t fecking win either way. 😞

• Haha 3

Met up with my best friend yesterday evening for a few Bintang. We go back to the 70's , Navy at same time, left together, joined the same course at mechanical school, joined the same company, stayed with them for over 30y, travelled the world, has been posted around 20y in Asia also. Married with a Korean woman. He just retired a few months ago . 

First meetup as official pensioners, Peninsula beach bar, plenty Bintang.. Having a beer right now as coffee wont do it !

And I think I'll skip the swimming as well ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2