What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Fast rewind about 15 hours to yesterday afternoon.

Trying to work out how some pizza delivery driver has managed to get his car bogged about 150 metres off the road down one of my firebreaks.

When asked WTF he came up with the usual excuse, "Google made me do it".

In case you haven't twigged, to have a 150 metre firebreak it has to be a largish block of land, 2 hectares or 5 acres for you non-metric types. Because of this the council left gaps in the street numbering scheme to cater for when/if the land is ever sub-divided. So while I'm at number 64, my neighbor on one side is 58 and on the other side, 74, there are gaps, numbers 60, 62, 66 etc are missing.

This muggins has punched number 60 (a non-existent address) into Google maps and Google maps has directed him to where number 60 might be some time in the future and some time in the future number 60 will probably be where my firebreak currently is.

The guy is Indian and while I'm saying "call a tow truck" he spends about 3 hours ringing what must be a fair portion of the local Indian community asking what to do. Finally he rings a towing company, about 10 minutes later 2 guys turn up in a 4 wheel drive, hook him up and in about 5 minutes from start to finish have dragged him back to the road.

I thought his story sounded a bit sus so I checked and it's true. While Google maps knows what street addresses actually exist, it displays them if you zoom in enough, it will happily tell you where a non-existent address could be instead of pointing out the the address doesn't yet exist.

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

30 k ?  Holy Cow !

I said similar !!...

Vehicle still drives so mechanic is putting it back together today whilst I look at options, will call the guy who builds the turbo's for our race cars on Monday and see if rebuilding is an option, if thats no go I'll prolly buy a new turbo from china.

17 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

I said similar !!...

Vehicle still drives so mechanic is putting it back together today whilst I look at options, will call the guy who builds the turbo's for our race cars on Monday and see if rebuilding is an option, if thats no go I'll prolly buy a new turbo from china.

A Gallett?

My day is boring, just relaxing on the laptop switching between the Formula One and the Barnsley v Brentford game.  Finished my chores (3 lots of washing) while the babe is out working. Wee one is having a nap so I am having a glass of wine.

Just looking at whether Disneyland Shanghai is open when I arrive on 02 January next year, their website is a little difficult to interpret. Think I will nod off too.

Thinking it must be very windy at Heathrow tonight as two flights have overshot and gone around on approach in the last 15 minutes. An Air China A350 and a BA A320.

I live directly to the north of the airport and the only planes that go low over me are the ones turning north on overshoot before landing.