What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

50 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Finance all approved and signed, bike now to be serviced and MOT, and also comes with 12 months warranty. 

Then arrange to be delivered once they get the nod from the finance company. 

All ready for spring. 🤗

Did you trade in your old bike on this one, or will you sell it outright? One thing that came out of the whole Covid experience last year where I live was that our local RV places couldn't keep up with the demand for bikes, boats, ATV's, etc - seems that if people  can't travel, they'll blow their money on motorized toys instead, lol...it's still  going to be three or four months before my bike's wheels turn. 

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

Did you trade in your old bike on this one, or will you sell it outright? One thing that came out of the whole Covid experience last year where I live was that our local RV places couldn't keep up with the demand for bikes, boats, ATV's, etc - seems that if people  can't travel, they'll blow their money on motorized toys instead, lol...it's still  going to be three or four months before my bike's wheels turn. 

Not worth anything as a trade in, gonna stick it on ebay. I put £1000 cash down on it instead with the rest on finance. 

Bike sales here have increased after the first lock down, especially smaller bikes like scooters, with people wanting to avoid public transport for the commute. Also a shortage of quality used bikes as people are tied in to PCP contracts so are not trading in as often. 

Hopefully get more freedom to travel soon as vaccination rates increase and infections drop,so can get more riding done. 

• Like 3

Managed to get myself motivated today, it was mild and dry for change at 9 degrees.

I had to wait in for a meat delivery from my local butchers, fortunately that turned up early, allowing me to go out into the garden to do some well over due work on the pond.

The pond filter was cleaned and I pumped out around 2 feet of dirty water for a partial water change. I will refill it tomorrow as the light was fading and I wanted to get my walk in before dark.

Now relaxing with a cup of coffee catching up on some fishing You tube vids.

• Like 1

My morning was going well until I found out on Facebook that a friend of mine had died suddenly the day before - she worked as a part time barmaid in a couple of my locals and was a frequent patron as well; she had had a fun time drinking for some hours with friends in one of the bars on Monday and then called a cab to take her home to her rural residence later - this place has a short but steep downhill driveway that is treacherous in winter so she got dropped off up on the main road by the cabbie, who didn't wait around to see her into her house - she apparently tripped and fell halfway up her stairs and knocked herself out, to be found frozen stiff in the -25C weather the next morning - a sweet girl and everyone who knew her is in shock today - RIP Heather. 

Time was the cab drivers would make sure you made it into your house okay - I guess it doesn't matter to them nowadays...

• Sad 9

7 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

My morning was going well until I found out on Facebook that a friend of mine had died suddenly the day before - she worked as a part time barmaid in a couple of my locals and was a frequent patron as well; she had had a fun time drinking for some hours with friends in one of the bars on Monday and then called a cab to take her home to her rural residence later - this place has a short but steep downhill driveway that is treacherous in winter so she got dropped off up on the main road by the cabbie, who didn't wait around to see her into her house - she apparently tripped and fell halfway up her stairs and knocked herself out, to be found frozen stiff in the -25C weather the next morning - a sweet girl and everyone who knew her is in shock today - RIP Heather. 

Time was the cab drivers would make sure you made it into your house okay - I guess it doesn't matter to them nowadays...

That's terrible, sorry to hear that .. how old was she ? 

So, we kept littlest home for Christmas, then the country shut down.  After reopening, the government Special Education Center decided they wouldn't.  Unsurprising as they tend to close often.

So, after visiting several private anubans, we found one who would take on an autistic boy.  We just got back from dropping off little guy at his new school.  It's so quiet :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

That's terrible, sorry to hear that .. how old was she ? 

I think she was around 45 or so and was quite popular with the patrons of our locals - I went to the pub today and there were many rounds bought in her memory. We discussed the incident at length and decided that the cabbie probably isn't much to blame here because if he had dropped her off with the passenger side to the curb, he would not have been able to see her enter the home anyway because of the sidehill drop of the property - she was no stranger to going home with a good load of booze on and was just unfortunate to have slipped that night and knocked herself senseless, and the cold finished her off after that...a lesson to all of us who live alone to be extra careful, one second of carelessness and you may not get another chance...

• Like 3

Catching up on my internet news and gossip.

We had no electricity from 07.30 am - 20.40 pm yesterday whilst they replaced cables in the main drag next to our village. No electricity meant no internet and no way of keeping cool.

It was 35c at 3pm yesterday with little if any breeze.

I think my brain had fried because I convinced myself the shower would not work without any electricity. When I eventually got under it the off/cold shower to torchlight was heaven. Fifteen minutes after I had dried off.................the lights came back. 🤣

I decided to stay in bed and read my kindle.

Bit stiff today from yesterdays work on the pond, just goes to show how unfit (work wise) I have got since covid. I do walk every day to keep some form of exercise but it's not really enough.

I have a few deliveries coming today, so it's going to be a Youtube morning hoping they turn up early so that I can do an extended walk. Hoping to do 5 miles today as it's quite mild again. 8 degrees. Next week it plummits down to freezing temps again, so I need to make the most of it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wow, it doesn't seem that long since you went.

I know what you mean 😕

My visa runs out 24/02 but looks like I will travel 10/02. Really thought I would be extending rather than cutting short. However, change is a constant these days and I have stuff to do, people to meet and money to earn etc etc. 

Just now, Smiler said:

I know what you mean 😕

My visa runs out 24/02 but looks like I will travel 10/02. Really thought I would be extending rather than cutting short. However, change is a constant these days and I have stuff to do, people to meet and money to earn etc etc. 

Have you got to quarentine in a hotel when you return home?

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Have you got to quarentine in a hotel when you return home?

That's a big concern Stu and part of the reason for going sooner rather than later.

To answer your question no not at this point in time. Could change tomorrow, next week - who knows?

As you know I went with Emirates via UAE which is now on the red list. The work around is returning via Dubai then Dublin and finally back to Heathrow. Kin long journey. 

I'll update the back to the jungle thread later.

Edited by Smiler
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, Smiler said:

That's a big concern Stu and part of the reason for going sooner rather than later.

To answer your question no not at this point in time. Could change tomorrow, next week - who knows?

As you know I went with Emirates via UAE which is now on the red list. The work around is returning via Dubai then Dublin and finally back to Heathrow. Kin long journey.

I was going to ask who you flew with, as I'd heard bother Emirates and Etihad were now flying cargo but no passengers into the UK, but taking passengers out....

Good luck with the journey.

Edited by Painter
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 4:38 PM, galenkia said:

Just applied for finance on this Kawasaki Z800 2016 model. Though I will still buy it cash if I don't get approval. No point in spending my money if I don't need to. 

imagestream.jpeg

Looks very tidy and plenty quick enough nowadays.

I'm thinking of selling my GSXR1000 and replacing with Yamaha MT09, Head down and arse up is getting more and more uncomfortable as the years progress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

I'll update the back to the jungle thread later.

Many flights being cancelled these past few weeks including Emirates. The one that seems to be fairly consistent and still flying is Qatar.

Good luck mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob lt said:

I'm thinking of selling my GSXR1000 and replacing with Yamaha MT09, Head down and arse up is getting more and more uncomfortable as the years progress.

Nice bikes the MT range. 

Yeah, we ain't getting any more flexible in our years so comfort comes first now, though will always be pining for a sports bike all the time I can still ride. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bob lt said:

28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Nice bikes the MT range. 

Yeah, we ain't getting any more flexible in our years so comfort comes first now, though will always be pining for a sports bike all the time I can still ride. 

Yeah.  I rode a Kawasaki Ninja back in the world.  I was never into the sit back bikes.  Now I'm not sure I could get back up if I still had it.  We do have a 125 cc Honda 🤣 here,

• Like 2

Trying to stop my foot bleeding😕

I dropped a wine glass on the kitchen floor whilst washing up. I thought that I had cleared up all of the broken glass on the floor. 

Turns out that I had not and I was walking bare footed. 

I take Apixaban daily, which is an anti coagulant,and the cut is on the sole of my foot. Blood on the carpet now too😊

Bollocks

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Trying to stop my foot bleeding😕

I dropped a wine glass on the kitchen floor whilst washing up. I thought that I had cleared up all of the broken glass on the floor. 

Turns out that I had not and I was walking bare footed. 

I take Apixaban daily, which is an anti coagulant,and the cut is on the sole of my foot. Blood on the carpet now too😊

Bollocks

Do you have an antibacterial gel to apply or was the wine glass already clean?  Pressure will shut it down, if no bandages then wrap a clean tea towel and duct tape it tight (I think it's called cloth tape outside the US).

P.S.  I hate when that happens to me.  And it has.

EDIT: make sure there are no glass fragments in the wound before you apply pressure.

Edited by tko

Been an interesting day mostly doing extended homework with Kataleya as she had an assessment with her teacher on Microsoft Teams for 30 minutes.  In Wales they do ongoing assessments which is the norm even outside of a pandemic; I personally prefer that system as the teachers have a big input into my daughters progress rather than relying your whole future on one off tests.

Just finished my exercises and now after my shower I will relax with cod and mash, looking forward to it

• Like 2