What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

-30C this morning, the coldest I've seen all winter; however, it will be a clear and sunny day and that will rise to -22C or so by afternoon. On a positive note we are gaining over five minutes of daylight every day which is certainly welcome after the gloom of December and January. 

300 miles north of us in Dawson City it is presently -43C and is forecast for a brutal -50C (-58F) on Monday...sure glad I don't live there anymore...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 2

39 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

-30C this morning, the coldest I've seen all winter; however, it will be a clear and sunny day and that will rise to -22C or so by afternoon. On a positive note we are gaining over five minutes of daylight every day which is certainly welcome after the gloom of December and January. 

300 miles north of us in Dawson City it is presently -43C and is forecast for a brutal -50C (-58F) on Monday...sure glad I don't live there anymore...

Temps that low must be brutal, we are in for a cold snap but will probably only drop to minus 5.

Looking out of my windows and seeing a light snow shower. Had made an arrangement to go for a walk around Coulsdon golf course with a friend who is being treated for cancer and he hardly gets any proper exercise 

Not sure what to, whether to cancel or not. Its going to be be either very muddy or slippery. If we go, I shall have to look out the clothing that I wore when I scaled the face of Mount Everest in 1974 🙄😁. In the comfort of my warm home with a coffee and a bacon sandwich, I am torn as to whether to cancel or inflict the elements on both of us. 

I shall give it another hour to see how thick the snow becomes before making a decision and look out for the slab of Kendell Mint cake that hides in an old rucksack. ☺️

Up fairly early considereing I had a few beers last night, having a lazy morning just for a change. lol

Looks pretty cold outside, real feel minus 9, bruurrrrrr.

Hopefully after a few more hot drinks I will get off my ass and go for a walk.

Watching a few YT vids ATM.

24 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Looking out of my windows and seeing a light snow shower. Had made an arrangement to go for a walk around Coulsdon golf course with a friend who is being treated for cancer and he hardly gets any proper exercise 

Not sure what to, whether to cancel or not. Its going to be be either very muddy or slippery. If we go, I shall have to look out the clothing that I wore when I scaled the face of Mount Everest in 1974 🙄😁. In the comfort of my warm home with a coffee and a bacon sandwich, I am torn as to whether to cancel or inflict the elements on both of us. 

I shall give it another hour to see how thick the snow becomes before making a decision and look out for the slab of Kendell Mint cake that hides in an old rucksack. ☺️

Beautiful sunny day here in Neath, south Wales, off for a walk in 20 minutes but will rap up warm.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Beautiful sunny day here in Neath, south Wales, off for a walk in 20 minutes but will rap up warm.

That's good

After a quick phone call, we have both decided that we are lilly-livered pooftas and have called it off. The wind is very strong and its below zero. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

That's good

After a quick phone call, we have both decided that we are lilly-livered pooftas and have called it off. The wind is very strong and its below zero. 

And the snow has begun to settle now. Walking might be a bit dangerous - you'd have to put snow socks on the zimmer frames! 🙂

I am recovering from my cycle ride this morning.

Thanks to tweaking a tendon at the back of my knee and then pulling a muscle in my lower back I have not been able to do any real exercise for a month.

Felt good this morning on my walk with the dogs. So I started back with my longest of three routes ( big mistake) and found it was like I was starting cycling all over .

Came back absolutely cream crackered but feeling pleased with myself. 😛

p.s.

Completed my fourth week on my low (very) carb diet yesterday. Have lost exactly 8 kilo's which is over a stone in real money. Not found it hard at all to stick with it as every meal has been food I enjoy.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

Stayed up until about half three watching the Super Bowl , wish I hadn't bothered ... Kansas were winning , by a lot .... 3-0 ...then all these touchdowns started appearing from nowhere for Tampa .... they really ought to explore all legal avenues before declaring the winner 😉😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Stayed up until about half three watching the Super Bowl , wish I hadn't bothered ... Kansas were winning , by a lot .... 3-0 ...then all these touchdowns started appearing from nowhere for Tampa .... they really ought to explore all legal avenues before declaring the winner 😉😉 

lol, just like the election.lol.lol.lol......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1