What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

43 minutes ago, tko said:

Do you have an antibacterial gel to apply or was the wine glass already clean?  Pressure will shut it down, if no bandages then wrap a clean tea towel and duct tape it tight (I think it's called cloth tape outside the US).

P.S.  I hate when that happens to me.  And it has.

EDIT: make sure there are no glass fragments in the wound before you apply pressure.

My First Aid box was empty. Bit pointless really. 

I don't think there was any glass in the wound. I found a small bottle of Detol in a cupboard and wrapped my foot in kitchen roll paper. Have some plasters in the car somewhere, so will hop out and get them soon. I think it's stopped bleeding now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Trying to stop my foot bleeding😕

I dropped a wine glass on the kitchen floor whilst washing up. I thought that I had cleared up all of the broken glass on the floor. 

Turns out that I had not and I was walking bare footed. 

I take Apixaban daily, which is an anti coagulant,and the cut is on the sole of my foot. Blood on the carpet now too😊

Bollocks

Get the hoover out mate and make sure, glass wounds are a bitch and ya often can't see it either.

Potted around the house doing a few easy little jobs today whilst waiting in for a delivery.

I have a fishing rod which had a damaged butt eye, so today it got a new one. years ago we used to whip them on using strong cotton, but these days they are stuck with resin. So I stuck it on with Araldite adhesive. Tomorrow I will give it a coat of varnish, then see how it holds up.

Now it's time to be lazy again and watch TV.

• Like 1

Since my left knee threw its toys out of the cot I've been doing strengthening exercises & taking short walks increasing in length every time.Today went out with the missus for just over 3km & the last 0.5km or so was very painful so I guess I've overdone it.

Bastard!....I love walking & was doing loads before my knee problem and now I'm putting on weight because of no walking which makes the knee worse....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Since my left knee threw its toys out of the cot I've been doing strengthening exercises & taking short walks increasing in length every time.Today went out with the missus for just over 3km & the last 0.5km or so was very painful so I guess I've overdone it.

Bastard!....I love walking & was doing loads before my knee problem and now I'm putting on weight because of no walking which makes the knee worse....

I bought a couple of great knee supports a few months back..really helped 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Washedup said:

I bought a couple of great knee supports a few months back..really helped 

Yes, I have a dodgy knee but a good quality knee support from Boots has helped.  I have stopped long walks but do low impact cardio/resistance exercises c/o YouTube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I got one from Amazon which helped but only to a certain extent

After you have walked for 10 minutes, ( warmed up ) you may want to try stretching your hamstrings and quads. I have knee trouble and this really helps, plus I stretch them again a minute after returning home. ( warm down )

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

I also have a dodgy knee , dislocated my kneecap whilst playing golf and tore my ACL , around 30 years ago . was misdiagnosed so it was never repaired .. twisted it badly again around five years ago ( taking pictures during Songkran.. ) ..

the second time I was advised to build up the muscles around it , cycling being the best thing ( either a normal bike or a machine ) it feels much stronger now and I rarely get any pain 

32 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I also have a dodgy knee , dislocated my kneecap whilst playing golf and tore my ACL , around 30 years ago . was misdiagnosed so it was never repaired .. twisted it badly again around five years ago ( taking pictures during Songkran.. ) ..

the second time I was advised to build up the muscles around it , cycling being the best thing ( either a normal bike or a machine ) it feels much stronger now and I rarely get any pain 

Depends upon what the problem is with the knee, I have reduced cartilage and cycling agrivates it, where as walking is generally OK. To strengthen the muscles I have to do steps and leg curls.

As you say, building up those muscles definitely helps.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Beach gal has me got me working ... Chinese New is the 10 thru the 12 this month .. don't ask me about the previous 2 days prior to the 12th .. I guess it is a Thai thing ...

Every year there is a gigantic family and friends "shindig" - 

My Thai wife asked me what we were doing for Chinese New Year, I said 'nothing, we live in Wales'.  As far as I know there is no Chinese community in Neath so it will be a normal day for us. 

Happy also that Kataleya does not go back to school till 22 February although maybe the teachers might add some Chinese themed homework for her to do around the 12th.

I asked her if she wanted to celebrate Valentines day instead, that got a nod.

• Haha 2

I’m a lazy b’stard but having to find things to do at home so jet washed the remainder of the drive today and also ‘primed’ my new galvanised railings ready for painting next week. After 3.5hrs I’m fooked so I think relax and watch the rugby now 

6521AA11-615F-4AD7-912F-0DC5074A0A61.jpeg

BCC7FD71-7F50-4F1B-B78F-7F3039172E06.jpeg

540B17B9-7653-4597-B7EE-EB80B18305E8.jpeg

04CF13B0-581C-4087-8A3E-356A8502B211.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Watched the cricket from 4am,mostly in bed(the missus is always up early so she kept me supplied with tea).Then at 1230 I had the great misfortune to watch Coventry City vs Watford,I'd like to say Watford were shit but we weren't that good.

Having a breather now before the Calcutta Cup Rugby later,C'mon England!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1