What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

20 hours ago, Painter said:

Don't think I've been with the same insurers for 2 years in a row for a decade or more.  Last time I informed my insurers I was going elsewhere they didnt even question why, or offer to price match. 

I ended up renewing with the same broker,but different insurance company.I wasn't going to as it was about £20 more expensive than last year but then I saw at the bottom of the page 'Renew online & receive a £30 discount'.

£263 for a 5.5L V8 ain't too bad.Albeit limited to 2000 miles in the year but what with retirement & Covid I ain't going anywhere.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

You will be OK, the middle aisles at Lidl are closed off for purchase.

Then again I have been in Lidl today and spent £68 when I went in for milk and bread. lol

Middle aisles are open here. However, from memory, it was kids clothes, makeup and a few kitchen goods this week....

I have to avoid there when it's their DIY week... it's amazing the things I might need one day!

Edited by Painter
  • Haha 1

Just got home from having Covid 19 vaccination (AstraZeneca) at local GP surgery.  There was a queue outside, however the arrangements were efficient.  At the entrance you were asked for your personal details and given a bar coded  piece of paper with your details on questions for the nurse to ask you.  Once in you were directed to an injection point; these were kept as one person being injected and one waiting about ten feet away.  After injection one leaves by a different exit route.  I joined the queue about 10 minutes before appointment time and left about 25 minutes later.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I decided this week to try to be a litte more active in the daytime as I have been doing lazy really well.

So today the cleaning kit came out and the kitchen sink area, tiles and worktop got a birthday.

My shoulders and back ache now, not used to doing any work. LOL

Just finished a rewarding cup of coffee and 3 parcels have turned up with a new shower head and hose, that's a job for tomorrow, maybe!

Looking outside the light is fading but it is dry, time for a few miles walk me thinks.

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

I decided this week to try to be a litte more active in the daytime as I have been doing lazy really well.

So today the cleaning kit came out and the kitchen sink area, tiles and worktop got a birthday.

My shoulders and back ache now, not used to doing any work. LOL

Just finished a rewarding cup of coffee and 3 parcels have turned up with a new shower head and hose, that's a job for tomorrow, maybe!

Looking outside the light is fading but it is dry, time for a few miles walk me thinks.

I'm thankful I finished cleaning up yesterday after the last snowfall - it was -28C but  calm so not bad; today is -21C but blowing like hell and really ugly, I think it'll be a  good afternoon to head to the pub for cheap draft night. The wind is coming from the south, however, and will bring more warm Pacific air in to bump the temperature up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

I'm thankful I finished cleaning up yesterday after the last snowfall - it was -28C but  calm so not bad; today is -21C but blowing like hell and really ugly, I think it'll be a  good afternoon to head to the pub for cheap draft night. The wind is coming from the south, however, and will bring more warm Pacific air in to bump the temperature up. 

A nice warm pub with a glass of beer sounds like bliss right now.

I have bought a box of Abbot Ale for the weekend to enjoy.

34 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Watching the snow come down; not sure if it will settle but it has got Kataleya running around with a smile on her face.

Not arrived in Cardiff yet otherwise Wie would be running around with a smile on her face :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Had a lazy day so far, catching up with friends around the world.

Don't ya just love modern technology!

Soon be time for a walk, hopefully it's a bit warmer out there than it was yesterday. I didn't check the temps but it's the first time I didn't sweat at all and my hands were cold even with gloves on. The wind was cutting.

Just back from my walk , 3.84 miles , a dull day but no wind or rain , so very happy 👍

last month did just over 51 miles , aiming for 75 miles this month ....

dry January has finished but no desire to get back on it at the moment, so going to carry on for another couple of months 😇

love this time of year , when the daffodils and snowdrops are just starting to bloom 

819E0C14-3FEB-4753-8DBB-E411A8283834.jpeg

C67CE4D3-ACAB-4D82-BA27-95B1DCC7D43F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just back from my walk , 3.84 miles , a dull day but no wind or rain , so very happy 👍

last month did just over 51 miles , aiming for 75 miles this month ....

dry January has finished but no desire to get back on it at the moment, so going to carry on for another couple of months 😇

love this time of year , when the daffodils and snowdrops are just starting to bloom 

819E0C14-3FEB-4753-8DBB-E411A8283834.jpeg

C67CE4D3-ACAB-4D82-BA27-95B1DCC7D43F.jpeg

It would certainly beat having to look at 3' of snow everywhere....

• Haha 1

Daughter's school wants her to fill out a timeline of everywhere she's been from 25 December through the end of January.  Fortunately since I obsessively track spending on the computer, and if we went anywhere we were buying stuff, I could give here a quite detailed timeline.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just applied for finance on this Kawasaki Z800 2016 model. Though I will still buy it cash if I don't get approval. No point in spending my money if I don't need to. 

imagestream.jpeg

Finance all approved and signed, bike now to be serviced and MOT, and also comes with 12 months warranty. 

Then arrange to be delivered once they get the nod from the finance company. 

All ready for spring. 🤗

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

36 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Finance all approved and signed, bike now to be serviced and MOT, and also comes with 12 months warranty. 

Then arrange to be delivered once they get the nod from the finance company. 

All ready for spring. 🤗

Stay at home! 🤣

• Haha 2