What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, as "business in Thailand" is a topic, what about starting a mobile disco ?

You could use @tommy dee's van to start with. Although it may already be full time rented out for the coming elections ?

Was going to sent to your placeas the local imman is obviously slacking off , took my twenty bt and didnt drive you insane

Its that bad here on day 4 my ears are actually starting to ache like when i had to float the 750 safety valves on the recovery boiler back in the 80s with out good ear protection 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nickrock said:

Was going to sent to your placeas the local imman is obviously slacking off , took my twenty bt and didnt drive you insane.

Imman is getting old, but still smart...

They have a backup genset now, so that even when there are blackouts (about 2 per week) he can still carry on !

And he is training his successor, kid must be 12y old...his voice is a bit of a pain....

What I should have thought of when building the mans cave was 20 cm insulation and a remote control to close the windows and door...

Well, you learn as you go !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I have just woken up after a nap so I am at least 3 behind you. Only have the two Abbot beers but if I am capable of drinking more I do have 2 Timothy Taylor Landlord as well, another nice brew.

I like TT as well. Enjoy your evening.

• Thumbs Up 1

Usually only get to drink once a week so got to make sure of a good selection.

Hope to get through two Abbot, the Sicilian 750 cl special ale and two Timothy Taylor Landlord before port with cheeses and biscuits

My money is on the Abbot and Sicilian special before pulling out with a need to sleep..

Should be fun.

In between it will be haggis hopefully consumed.

20181231_172624.thumb.jpg.1467eb4539d4cba12e8323d2b7cf6052.jpg

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

John is a creature of habbit. BUT if it's good then why not?

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I think you have shares in the place, I am still yet to enjoy their fayre.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

It's good , I go a few times during my shorts trips as well 

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I had hoped to be there about 3 weeks ago with family but never made it;  my loss but hope to make up for it soon.

Yes, I do have a tendency to stick to places I like.

However, we had not booked this evening and when we arrived the place was full.  The lady manager/owner approached us; some conversation in Thai took place.  Then a small table from the kitchen appeared and a little reorganization of other tables took place and we got our table.  It does pay to be known at a place.

Food excellent as always.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2