Striderman for those that know him

Yesitisdakid

Striderman about a month or 6 weeks ago all of a sudden was not feeling well enough to walk with me in the morning. He assumed just old age catching up to him but things gradually got worse and he started feeling terrible back pain. noticed blood in his urine. Yesterday Myself and another friend of his went down to Pattaya Memorial. They quickly did ex rays blood work and told him a CT scan was needed so that was done. The news was not good aggressive colon cancer. They told him based on the scan if they operated they would not be able to get it all its very aggressive. An absolute shock ! They could not give a time line if they operate of how long he may survive but did say with out the operation and continued treatment he could last as little as a couple weeks. 

This is with out question the hardest post I have ever had to make and ever will have had to make. He is resting and at home they suggested he remain in the hospital but as he was not going thru with the operation he chose to remain in his condo. His birthday is tomorrow when he will be 70. I am gutted at the thought of losing my best friend

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 32

• Yesitisdakid changed the title to Striderman for those that know him

I am so sorry to hear this. I know how close you guys are.

I remember once I met you and Striderman for coffee at some regular joint you guys went to on Soi Bucky. I remember thinking to myself how close you two guys are. 

My mother went through the same thing. They discovered a very large tumor in her gut. She had been shitting her brains out. They did surgery but it was basically just to give her some more time. It was hell.

Chemo followed but it was to no avail. Looking back it would have probably been better not to go through all of that. I was with her to the end.

Gut wrenching, and heart breaking my friend. Try to do the best you can. He is lucky to have such a good friend.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This is with out question the hardest post I have ever had to make and ever will have had to make. He is resting and at home they suggested he remain in the hospital but as he was not going thru with the operation he chose to remain in his condo. His birthday is tomorrow when he will be 70. I am gutted at the thought of losing my best friend

Larry mate, that is so very sad news.

I was not as close as you  but countless was the times we bumped into one another over the years.

My thoughts are with the both of you.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Striderman about a month or 6 weeks ago all of a sudden was not feeling well enough to walk with me in the morning. He assumed just old age catching up to him but things gradually got worse and he started feeling terrible back pain. noticed blood in his urine. Yesterday Myself and another friend of his went down to Pattaya Memorial. They quickly did ex rays blood work and told him a CT scan was needed so that was done. The news was not good aggressive colon cancer. They told him based on the scan if they operated they would not be able to get it all its very aggressive. An absolute shock ! They could not give a time line if they operate of how long he may survive but did say with out the operation and continued treatment he could last as little as a couple weeks. 

That is very sad and upsetting news especially about a close friend.

I feel your pain

I hope you and others can encourage him to have what might be a life saving operation. 

Wish him all the best

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Please pass on my regards to him, Larry.  

I do not know whether or not Steve will listen, but I would advise him to take the first available flight to the UK and present himself at an A and E Department.  The staff there may take a different view to that expressed above.  Various forms of chemotherapy and radiotherapy are coming online almost weekly.  Anything malignant or probably malignant is fast-tracked, which was the case during Covid.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

51 minutes ago, john luke said:

Please pass on my regards to him, Larry.  

I do not know whether or not Steve will listen, but I would advise him to take the first available flight to the UK and present himself at an A and E Department.  The staff there may take a different view to that expressed above.  Various forms of chemotherapy and radiotherapy are coming online almost weekly.  Anything malignant or probably malignant is fast-tracked, which was the case during Covid.  

I doubt he would survive the flight he has a hard time getting off his sofa the pain has been that bad they have given him painkillers but it seems nothing kills the pain when it's that bad. I see him significantly getting worse daily it's just a sad situation

• Sad 8

Basicallly try to enjoy the moments of clarity for as long as possibly. Because at some point the only thing that eases the pain is a morphine drip and regular injections, then they can become delusion, etc,. Then they stop eating and it's just a matter of time. Can go quickly or can take days. It all depends on how strong their heart is.

so terribly sad to hear, one of the old crowd too.  i can picture Larry and Striderman on their daily walkabout, see him i secrets and wish him all the very best.  I do hope he has meds that relieve the pain and hope he has a chance of recovery.

photos were legendary but I think a lot were lost when someone pulled the sshhhh plug.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is the worst kind of news.  Striderman is one of the best known and most respected board members.  My sincerest wishes that everything turns out for him in the best possible way.

@Yesitisdakid Support and assistance from friends are crucial in situations like this, especially if there is no family close by.  Full respect to you and any other Pattaya resident who stands by Striderman.

Well said Evil. Spot on.

• Like 2

Never met the guy but I know he has featured in many of the posts here, mainly for his excellent choice of walking shorts. He is obviously a well liked character and friend to many here, so the news is sad to hear and I hope that things work out for the best in terms of his comfort and quality of life going forward.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

@Yesitisdakid I have no words my friend. All I can say is when lost Dad in 2021, he was his normal self until maybe 30 hours from the end….when they breathe and squeeze your hand but the eyes stay closed, that’s  when it’s curtains…….Sorry but I never liked the docs guessing game of “oh he’s got less than 6 months 4 sure” til the next day it’s “ we are just trying 2 make him “comfortable”…….. Cancer is a bitch, no 2 ways about it. 

Sounds like whether he had surgery or not his fate was decided long before…..Bloody sad it is, if this is the same man with the long lens who reported on the jet ski scam……loved his content a true gentleman 

Eric

1-438-321-9175

FWIW if he wants to chat….I’m crying now after Dad can’t help it

Be honoured to shoot da shite 

When an ex-manager with countless acquaintances calls him “ my best friend “.       Nothing else needs 2 be said…..

As much as my Pops could be a cold prick……miss him like you wouldn’t believe 

😥

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1