Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

If anyone watches the 8 part series of Boy Swallows Universe can you please let me know your thoughts.

Gave up on it halfway through the 2nd episode. Didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:46 PM, ChiFlyer said:

A friend of mine, who is admittedly a bit of a "Groover McTuber" recommended this 8 episode mini-series to me.

"Lessons in Chemistry" IMDB 8.3.

I am only 3 episodes into it, but it is a powerful story and I am enjoying it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13911628/

I did a few Google searches and the characters are fictional, but the story line is very much based on actual events from the eary 1950s. 

Available on Apple TV. I am pulling it through IPT.

Just finished watching episode 1 and loving it. I'm hooked. Always great to come across a series that captures one's attention immediately. It also had a song whose lyrics I found quite funny.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:17 AM, forcebwithu said:

Gave up on it halfway through the 2nd episode. Didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

turned it off half way through the first episode its daft

On 6/19/2020 at 11:58 AM, galenkia said:

Season 3 of this. 

The-Sinner-S3-300x225.jpg

Again many years later…..I’m halfway through S1. Anxious to see how it ends, I know Jessica Biel is only in these 8 episodes….damn she is pretty AND fit…yes it was made 8 years ago but still

image.png

When I was working (up until about 2017), I had little time for TV shows. Now that I am retired I have taken to checking out shows from that time period that were well thought of. Sometimes it is worthwhile and sometimes it is not.

I started watching "Six Feet Under" recently IMDB 8.7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Feet_Under_(TV_series)

It is 5 seasons long with 63 episodes. I am enjoying the show. It is an HBO production. I am pulling it from IPT.

Michael C. Hall (Dexter) is a key cast member. His character is not a serial killer, but instead a gay mortician. The man does have range. 🙂

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

@Mr. Smooth Have not the chance to watch Reacher, but my guilty pleasure is the scene when he just destroys the black dude in the cell….must have watched that on YT 15 times……

OK I’m out of this thread, at the count of 3 

It is a good'un.

That's just one scene in Season 1 Episode 1. Good times ahead for you if you watch the rest.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:25 PM, galenkia said:

This three part true crime documentary series is really good.

IMG_0023.webp

Thanks, just checked it is on in Singapore, i'll give it a go tonight. I've been struggling to get into any movies or series recently, not sure why just can't get my interest up. Usually give up after 20 mins and put on my to watch later list.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Thanks, just checked it is on in Singapore, i'll give it a go tonight. I've been struggling to get into any movies or series recently, not sure why just can't get my interest up. Usually give up after 20 mins and put on my to watch later list.

I thought it was a really bizarre story.