Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 7/9/2021 at 6:53 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, I understand the concept of Goodwill. I also understand that they moved out and somebody else moved in, such they were 2 unconnected independent business transactions. But Phil said that the new name only contained the word "Heaven" not " Heavens Above". Of course if it was a blatant copy and called "Heaven's a Dove" then I would understand.

Is it only because they moved into the same location or is no other business in Pattaya allowed to use "Heaven" in their name?

Perhaps he converted existing sign to save money. If the old sign was left!

On 7/16/2021 at 5:08 AM, john luke said:

Bad news for me; when the 2000 hours closing regime came in this week.  Mai Thai took a decision to close.  We visited usually twice per week and each time there were always a few customers apart from us.  Probably the most expensive restaurant I use regularly but always good quality food with equally good service and a pleasant environment.

untitled-4432.jpg

Great shame John, one of our favourite restaurants to visit when in Patts. Boy some of those Belgian beers packed a punch.

14980844_10154205492136785_9150484466806684941_n.jpg15032281_10154205492216785_8722785769063976128_n.jpg14980819_1278683162176978_3341970097744682897_n.jpg15078611_1278683188843642_5028724932727903958_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jomtien Sauna 

Jomtien Sauna is for sale, everybody knows me, I'm not greedy, I'm giving the place away for peanuts money.
Been the most successful business in town for the last decade.
I had enough of the present situation, my 11 years old daughter has been in school 5 months in the last 18 months.
It's a joke I can't put up with anymore.
My skills are wasted here, my kid's future is being compromised, time to move on.
Come talk to me, and get the deal of your life.
Andrea

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Jomtien Sauna 

Jomtien Sauna is for sale, everybody knows me, I'm not greedy, I'm giving the place away for peanuts money.
I had enough of the present situation, my 11 years old daughter has been in school 5 months in the last 18 months.
My skills are wasted here, my kid's future is being compromised, time to move on.
Andrea

Never been there but feel for any business owner wiped out by COVID.

Any BM's frequent this place?

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Jomtien Sauna 

Andrea

I am/was a very regular customer of the Jomtien Sauna....It is/was a very nice friendly well run place....Its the only sauna I went to even though it is a bit far from me....The salt water pool was fantastic....180 baht for all day....

I moved into a condo with a salt water pool about a year ago... But shit the pool has been closed because of insane-demic most of the time...I honestly dont give a rats-ass about the rules,I would use the pool anyways,except the pool is on the roof and they made it where your key-card can't go to the roof.... 

The the Jomtien Sauna did a very good business, a solid money maker...I would be sad to see them go.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, fforest said:

I am/was a very regular customer of the Jomtien Sauna....It is/was a very nice friendly well run place....Its the only sauna I went to even though it is a bit far from me....The salt water pool was fantastic....180 baht for all day....

I moved into a condo with a salt water pool about a year ago... But shit the pool has been closed because of insane-demic most of the time...I honestly dont give a rats-ass about the rules,I would use the pool anyways,except the pool is on the roof and they made it where your key-card can't go to the roof.... 

The the Jomtien Sauna did a very good business, a solid money maker...I would be sad to see them go.....

Yea, it's like the thread i started a week or so ago, about the amount of ex pats now saying they're leaving, at least temporarily, to 'home' or places with a sense of normality again.

It's going to get worse until it gets better in Thailand, and if my daughter had only been in school for 5 out of the last 18 months, with no sign of getting better, i'd be thinking the same.

The owner seems well known and liked, does a lot of Muay Thai etc.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, it's like the thread i started a week or so ago, about the amount of ex pats now saying they're leaving, at least temporarily, to 'home' or places with a sense of normality again.

It's going to get worse until it gets better in Thailand, and if my daughter had only been in school for 5 out of the last 18 months, with no sign of getting better, i'd be thinking the same.

The owner seems well known and liked, does a lot of Muay Thai etc.

At least my daughter's school is putting a good effort into online learning.  Classes are scheduled and held over zoom, so they can interact some.  Homework assignments and tests are uploaded to Google classroom and graded.  Communication is over Line when there is an issue understanding something, as well as reports to the parents about their child's progress.

I think the big killer for the owner is the business.  If I had to earn a living here and it got shut down by the pandemic response I would have to leave.

7 hours ago, tko said:

At least my daughter's school is putting a good effort into online learning.  Classes are scheduled and held over zoom, so they can interact some.  Homework assignments and tests are uploaded to Google classroom and graded.  Communication is over Line when there is an issue understanding something, as well as reports to the parents about their child's progress.

I think the big killer for the owner is the business.  If I had to earn a living here and it got shut down by the pandemic response I would have to leave.

Same here when the schools were closed, though no where near as long as in Thailand, teachers were very good sorted home education.

Yea, i think many will be thinking about cutting their losses like this guy, because even though the end of this shitstorm is in sight due to the very effective vaccines, many country's vaccine roll out leaves a lot to be desired, and Thailand's is even more 'complicated' again ...

20 hours ago, john luke said:

untitled-9620.jpg

Ongoing work at the Warehouse Club; I was actually invited inside to photograph.

untitled-9626.jpg

untitled-9618.jpg

untitled-9619.jpg

untitled-9635.jpg

untitled-9634.jpg

The Sports Lounge also ongoing.

untitled-9637.jpg

Someone is spending $$$ on the Warehouse.....They must have a high confidence level of a turn around for tourism and Soi Bukow...

Soi Bukow clubs have have not been successful except for the Black Snake club,and that one only looked so-so busy to me...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1