Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

She's a great girl I sure hope she is getting paid. I remember I was very sick one day and I didn't even mention it to her I guess one of the staff must have mentioned it. She came back with a whole bunch of stuff from the pharmacy and didn't want to take any money even well I don't know what she gave me they were pills but whatever it was the next day I felt a lot better. An absolute gem she is

Not her but you’ve just reminded me of something that happened upstairs…… halfway through the deed I strained my groin….. absolute agony, reducing me to tears…… your girl then said she’d go and get me some ointment…. I offered to pay her thinking she was doing a runner! But she wouldn’t take any payment. About three hours later she returned, she’d gone all the way to Jomtien….. she then proceeded to massage the ointment in and wasn’t convinced I was better until she had made me come !!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Not her but you’ve just reminded me of something that happened upstairs…… halfway through the deed I strained my groin….. absolute agony, reducing me to tears…… your girl then said she’d go and get me some ointment…. I offered to pay her thinking she was doing a runner! But she wouldn’t take any payment. About three hours later she returned, she’d gone all the way to Jomtien….. she then proceeded to massage the ointment in and wasn’t convinced I was better until she had made me come !!

That kind of service/care i believe for the most part is a thing of the past

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For an astute Indian investor it could be quite a profitable investment…… copy the “Ben” model exactly but in Indian….. aim for the middle class, reasonable priced rooms, great host, decent music, girls aimed specifically for Indian customers…….a safe one stop destination 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

For an astute Indian investor it could be quite a profitable investment…… copy the “Ben” model exactly but in Indian….. aim for the middle class, reasonable priced rooms, great host, decent music, girls aimed specifically for Indian customers…….a safe one stop destination 

There were two categories of "Indians" that visited Secrets over the years.

Category 1 were the "Indians" who lived/born in the west who were just like any other visitor from the west. We had a number of regular such visitors most of whom were popular, well liked, good customers and treated the girls with respect and enjoyed themselves. In other words, just like most customers.

Category 2 were all those that didn't live in the west and on balance were a pain in the ass.

Fortunately they were few and far between but we did get them both in the bar and in the Hotel. Many bars/gogo's in Pattaya banned them due to their habit of sharing a bottle of water between four and the fact that they most definitely did not treat the girls with respect.

I came in one morning to find a girl in tears, marks on her wrist and arm and holding a copy of an official complaint she had made to the police about the conduct of an Indian guest staying in the Hotel. Basically, he did not want to pay her and used violence when she decided to leave.

That little episode cost him 30K baht split 20K to the girl and the balance to plod for services rendered. She thanked me most sincerely although all I really did was to tell the Indian guy not to try to do a runner as we had a copy of his passport which we had passed to Soi 5.

Quote:  "girls aimed specifically for Indian customers……."

Good luck with that !

Thai working girls like to be paid, not be molested or shared amongst their customers mates. Well..............that last comment is not 100% true as long as it is their choice and they get suitably remunerated.  😄

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Jambo said:

There were two categories of "Indians" that visited Secrets over the years.

Category 1 were the "Indians" who lived/born in the west who were just like any other visitor from the west. We had a number of regular such visitors most of whom were popular, well liked, good customers and treated the girls with respect and enjoyed themselves. In other words, just like most customers.

Category 2 were all those that didn't live in the west and on balance were a pain in the ass.

Fortunately they were few and far between but we did get them both in the bar and in the Hotel. Many bars/gogo's in Pattaya banned them due to their habit of sharing a bottle of water between four and the fact that they most definitely did not treat the girls with respect.

I came in one morning to find a girl in tears, marks on her wrist and arm and holding a copy of an official complaint she had made to the police about the conduct of an Indian guest staying in the Hotel. Basically, he did not want to pay her and used violence when she decided to leave.

That little episode cost him 30K baht split 20K to the girl and the balance to plod for services rendered. She thanked me most sincerely although all I really did was to tell the Indian guy not to try to do a runner as we had a copy of his passport which we had passed to Soi 5.

Quote:  "girls aimed specifically for Indian customers……."

Good luck with that !

Thai working girls like to be paid, not be molested or shared amongst their customers mates. Well..............that last comment is not 100% true as long as it is their choice and they get suitably remunerated.  😄

probably liek any other operation, if its run by indians for indians, then indians will pay for sure.  we all know better how to deal with our own 🙂

• Like 4

Whether we like it or not Indians and Chinese are going to be more important to the Thai tourism industry than westerners…… I personally can’t think of another business that could make a success of the old Secrets premises than an Indian aimed recreation 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

One my few times in Nana, I actually saw an Indian going nuts and buying drinks for everybody. So much for stereotypes 

Then again……I never saw another Indian spend like that

Had an Indian hash friend who was very generous with buying rounds and taking care of the ladies. So much so we named him Sugar Daddy. Unfortunately during the height of Covid we heard he had passed away in India; never did find out what the caused of death was. RIP

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had an Indian hash friend who was very generous with buying rounds and taking care of the ladies. So much so we named him Sugar Daddy. Unfortunately during the height of Covid we heard he had passed away in India; never did find out what the caused of death was. RIP

May he rest in peace.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Whether we like it or not Indians and Chinese are going to be more important to the Thai tourism industry than westerners…… I personally can’t think of another business that could make a success of the old Secrets premises than an Indian aimed recreation 

Well tell the old Secrets girls they had better start pigging out at Micky-Ds everyday to put some meat on them so the Indians will find them attractive..

• Haha 4

Was a right laugh back in the day. Met many top people, same with the Rockhouse as well.

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

Never actually ventured into Secrets so my only knowledge of the place is from comments on the forums - many seem to have been froM comments on here 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

weird really isnt it?  I mean secrets was good fun back when, but its gone, and toward the end wasnt that good.  it was fun while it lasted.  now its a twice gutted building without any similarity to the gaudy red and concrete set up with, then, modern lighting and a fake sound booth.  was just wondering how many look back on other locations with such "passion ".  I mean I lost my duck in a hillman avenger in the local woods, but I dnt ever think about buying one to restore, just so that I can sniff the seat and dream :)

honestly I think the old board was the only thing that separated the bar from others.. but maybe its just me :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

honestly I think the old board was the only thing that separated the bar from others.. but maybe its just me 🙂

👍

Larry was a good host. The line-up was average. Mamasans were aggressive.

Just another club that had it's day, imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

weird really isnt it?  I mean secrets was good fun back when, but its gone, and toward the end wasnt that good.  it was fun while it lasted.  now its a twice gutted building without any similarity to the gaudy red and concrete set up with, then, modern lighting and a fake sound booth.  was just wondering how many look back on other locations with such "passion ".  I mean I lost my duck in a hillman avenger in the local woods, but I dnt ever think about buying one to restore, just so that I can sniff the seat and dream 🙂

honestly I think the old board was the only thing that separated the bar from others.. but maybe its just me 🙂

Totally agree 

For me it was just the board.

Never thought Secrets itself was anything special (though Larry made the place and dependant what BMs were in the place at the time so did they too)

• Like 3

The place is suppose to reopen soon and yet I have seen zero new promotion anywhere about the reopening other than the very small mostly unseen post weeks ago on a persons face book page. I really hope they can get it restarted but if they are counting on that as some consider great location they are fooling themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

As anyone who has studied a bit of Thai will know, in spoken Thai, syllables can only end in a k, p, t, m, n, ng or a vowel sound. Thus Thais will pronounce it as "key" (without the final "s") and "key" (kee) in Thai means "shit".

"I work at shit hotel."

Well, at least the new name shows a refreshing display of honesty from the owners. 

• Haha 4