COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

15 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

The result of my resupply mission yesterday...

IMG20200503130851.jpg

The sambuca's for the GF, and she can have a bottle of my SML if she wants it, but the rest is all mine, all mine, my precious, bwah, haw, haw...)

Get back down there tomorrow.

• Haha 2

Is it correct that they are lifting the "road blocks" into Pattaya this week?

I read that in Thaiger this morning.

My wife's dentist phoned this morning to ask if Sai wishes to rearrange her appointment as they have opened again and we will come down from Mae Sot for a while if we can get into Pattaya from Bangsaray.

Edited by Jambo

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Have the restaurants changed their seating arrangements or is it business as usual?

I couldn't really tell just from walking past, but since then I've seen a pic from the Hippo (I think) of a table for 4 with 3 places marked as "Keep Clear".  Not much good unless your dining yourself.

6 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Is it correct that they are lifting the "road blocks" into Pattaya this week?

They're supposed to be all gone.  I can vouch for the one just North of Klang as I passed by this morning.

Had an email today informing me that our flight leaving Cardiff for Bangkok on 25th October has been cancelled and to contact my Travel Agent for a refund, this should be fun 😒

Qatar Airways
Flight Cancellation notification

Booking reference (PNR) -  

Dear Customer,

We’re sorry to let you know that your flight for above mentioned PNR is no longer operating due to government and health authority regulations in place because of the current COVID-19 situation across the globe.

On receipt of this notification, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking, exchange your ticket for a future travel voucher or arrange a for a refund.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Please note that this is a no reply message.

Regards,
Qatar Airways
Going places together. qatarairways.com

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Had an email today informing me that our flight leaving Cardiff for Bangkok on 25th October has been cancelled and to contact my Travel Agent for a refund, this should be fun 😒

Qatar Airways
Flight Cancellation notification

Booking reference (PNR) -  

Dear Customer,

We’re sorry to let you know that your flight for above mentioned PNR is no longer operating due to government and health authority regulations in place because of the current COVID-19 situation across the globe.

On receipt of this notification, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking, exchange your ticket for a future travel voucher or arrange a for a refund.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Please note that this is a no reply message.

Regards,
Qatar Airways
Going places together. qatarairways.com

Wow , shocked that they are cancelling flight that far ahead  ... Qatar were a nightmare to get hold of , hope you have better luck through your agent 

Edited by Stillearly

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Wow , shocked that they are cancelling flight that far ahead  ... Qatar were a nightmare to get hold of , hope you have better luck through your agent 

Just had a short chat with the travel rep

Welcome to PH Travel Ltd! How may I help you.
This booking is for October - No full refund by airlines
Refundable amount is 229.16 per passenger

I find this very hard to believe, I shall contact my insurance and credit card company for further advice,
This is half what I paid.

4 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I find this very hard to believe, I shall contact my insurance and credit card company for further advice,

Think credit card dispute will be the only way forward , if they are no longer providing the service you have paid for then full refund should be the case ..

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think credit card dispute will be the only way forward , if they are no longer providing the service you have paid for then full refund should be the case ..

Would you not bother with insurance, these flight where booked in December before the virus kicked off. I also have non refundable hotel rooms to the value of 19k baht

3 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Would you not bother with insurance, these flight where booked in December before the virus kicked off. I also have non refundable hotel rooms to the value of 19k baht

I would try , but mine weren't helpful at all , also they may tell you to try and get refunds first  .... I also had non refundable hotels and the Thais just cancelled them for me ... I will definitely use those hotels again once this is over ....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I would try , but mine weren't helpful at all , also they may tell you to try and get refunds first  .... I also had non refundable hotels and the Thais just cancelled them for me ... I will definitely use those hotels again once this is over ....

That`s interesting regards the hotel rooms, can I ask what your tack was when dealing with them Ian. I am booked at Centara Azzure.

34 minutes ago, Binlid said:

That`s interesting regards the hotel rooms, can I ask what your tack was when dealing with them Ian. I am booked at Centara Azzure.

I just sent them a polite email and said I cannot now visit because of COVID 19 , my flights have been cancelled and asked them if they could assist  ... at the most I hoped they would give me a voucher for later on .... but they just cancelled the bookings instead  - I sent them a thank you and said I hoped to rebook when we have the all clear 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

So they're closing the beaches now ?

How more stupid can you go ?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1914240/pattaya-closes-eight-beaches

Like it's the nice seabreeze that's carrying the virus ?  

I know you have an aversion to science but you might learn something...

Viruses and Bacteria Travel Along a High-Altitude Superhighway

A new theory explains how the very same microbes exist on every continent, even when suitable hosts are nowhere to be found.

New microbial data from high in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of Spain has spawned an intriguing theory for
the widespread dispersal of viruses and bacteria. The microbes hitch a ride on tiny dust and soil particles that
are whisked around the world on high-altitude air currents, according to a paper in the journal of the
International Society for Microbial Ecology.

Spanish researcher Isabel Reche from the University of Granada placed microbe-collecting devices on two
mountain peaks standing about three kilometers (9,800 feet) above sea level, which is beyond what’s known
as the boundary layer. Below the boundary layer, winds and air currents are strongly influenced by
interactions with Earth’s surface. Above the boundary layer, swift and steady winds can carry objects across
oceans and continents.

That might explain why Reche’s high-altitude microbe collectors found billions of viruses per square meter
settling on the mountains each day along with tens of millions of bacteria. The majority of the microbes had
piggybacked on specks of soil-dust from both water and land environments that got swept up by surface
winds into the upper atmosphere, where they cruised tens of thousands of kilometers before settling on the
Spanish peaks.

https://www.seeker.com/health/viruses-and-bacteria-travel-along-a-high-altitude-superhighway

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Could I suggest you do a little research on Section 75 CCA where a booking has been made via an agent.  My view is that such claim in respect of the flight would not succeed.  I have no expertise in this area of law.  I think you also need to review whether or not hotel bookings were made directly with hotel or via agent.

The key requirement seems to be a direct relationship between credit card issuer and actual service provider.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Could I suggest you do a little research on Section 75 CCA where a booking has been made via an agent.  My view is that such claim in respect of the flight would not succeed.  I have no expertise in this area of law.  I think you also need to review whether or not hotel bookings were made directly with hotel or via agent.

The key requirement seems to be a direct relationship between credit card issuer and actual service provider.

My wife's sister permanently lives in England with her English husband Michael.

They were due to visit as they do every year normally to take in Songkran. Their flight was duly cancelled and Michael applied for a refund but was offered a voucher instead through the booking agent. As they still wanted to visit Thailand they gave several alternative dates in October this year and January 2021. That was not a problem EXCEPT the cost had a surcharge of 500GBP per ticket.

After much wrangling and getting nowhere they were finally offered an immediate refund less a hit of 200GBP per ticket which they reluctantly accepted and received.

Currently Travel Agents are just dealing with nothing but the problems of irate customers and their income is virtually non-existent and every likelehood of staying like that for many months to come. Just a matter of time before they start going out of business. The largest are already making staff redundant notwithstanding the Government furlough scheme. This may well kill off the high street/shopping center holiday travel agent for ever.

• Surprised 1

27 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That was not a problem EXCEPT the cost had a surcharge of 500GBP per ticket.

After much wrangling and getting nowhere they were finally offered an immediate refund less a hit of 200GBP per ticket which they reluctantly accepted and received.

Travel gangsters, HTF are they getting away with this ?

6 hours ago, Binlid said:

Qatar have been operating more flights than most during this pandemic so it's unexpected, if it's actually correct.  However, Qatar yesterday updated a good chunk of their schedule with their latest plans, including Winter 2020, which starts on the 25th October, and Cardiff was included.  I expect that during this process something has gone awry and your flight has been temporarily removed from the booking system and a computer has generated this reaction.  If you look at QR's own website you can currently book from Cardiff on QR322 departing 14:15 with several options on to Bangkok.

If you're on this flight, ask your Travel Agent why is it still bookable?  If it's another flight number/time ask why can't you be changed to it?

• Thanks 1