COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

23 hours ago, thumper63 said:

So its official.  I'm now a card carrying vaccinated old man. Ain't it grand.

20210227_121025.jpg

3 weeks between shots all bar a day. That's pretty much the standard time. The UK have taken the decision to delay the 2nd shot for up to 12 weeks to give as many people the 1st one as posible in as quick a time as posible. This is because with just one shot the protection figures show as high as 70% I believe.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

3 weeks between shots all bar a day. That's pretty much the standard time. The UK have taken the decision to delay the 2nd shot for up to 12 weeks to give as many people the 1st one as posible in as quick a time as posible. This is because with just ome shot the protection figures show as high as 70% I 

That decision has proven to be a very sound one. It's nice when our government does something that actually turns out to be the right move.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

So its official.  I'm now a card carrying vaccinated old man. Ain't it grand.

20210227_121025.jpg

Just got home a bit ago from getting the first Pfizer shot and was given that very card and told to bring it back for my second appt on March 20. My local VA clinic had a very well planned operation going, almost like a casual assembly line, from the entry point into the building. After answering a few questions from a nurse, you were told which direction to go with plenty of spaced out red arrows on the floor that led to 6 separate doctors examination rooms. Shot administered, then led to a waiting area with a timer set for 15 minutes, then if no problems, sent on your way and see you in 3 weeks.

All told, including the wait time after the shot, was in the clinic for maybe 35 minutes. I complimented several medical personnel on how smoothly run the operation went and they all thanked me.

I'm now that much closer to sharing a drink with Thumper, Boyd, Namps, etc....at LePub! The incredible amount of work, of trial and error, of testing and retesting, of undergoing all types of scenarios in order to bring the masses a vaccine in record time, nothing short of a remarkable achievement. Credit governments, Big Pharm, the transportation networks and overall planning for this undertaking......we can all be critics, all bitch and moan, but damn it.......after some initial bumps in the road, people in charge seem to have gotten things squared away as I'm learning with the successes in the UK and elsewhere.

It truly is a great time to be alive!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Just got home a bit ago from getting the first Pfizer shot and was given that very card and told to bring it back for my second appt on March 20. My local VA clinic had a very well planned operation going, almost like a casual assembly line, from the entry point into the building. After answering a few questions from a nurse, you were told which direction to go with plenty of spaced out red arrows on the floor that led to 6 separate doctors examination rooms. Shot administered, then led to a waiting area with a timer set for 15 minutes, then if no problems, sent on your way and see you in 3 weeks.

All told, including the wait time after the shot, was in the clinic for maybe 35 minutes. I complimented several medical personnel on how smoothly run the operation went and they all thanked me.

I'm now that much closer to sharing a drink with Thumper, Boyd, Namps, etc....at LePub! The incredible amount of work, of trial and error, of testing and retesting, of undergoing all types of scenarios in order to bring the masses a vaccine in record time, nothing short of a remarkable achievement. Credit governments, Big Pharm, the transportation networks and overall planning for this undertaking......we can all be critics, all bitch and moan, but damn it.......after some initial bumps in the road, people in charge seem to have gotten things squared away as I'm learning with the successes in the UK and elsewhere.

Had the same experience here. As I reported after my first shot, it was all run very efficiently.  We were in and out in no time. Everyone was well informed and well trained in their jobs. We all had a time slot in which to show up. If you were late you had to reschedule. Burden is on the individual to do their part and show up on time. And like you.... I thanked everyone I saw for all their hard work and dedication.  They were all volunteers... not one paid person in the whole bunch.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Pretty much identical set up to here in the UK for me, apart from the return date. We will get notified again for our next appointment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Pretty much identical set up to here in the UK for me, apart from the return date. We will get notified again for our next appointment.

Some of us were required to book the second jab when booking the first one. I think it depended on the type of centre administering the vaccinations. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

One year ago – and now 524,669 USA deaths later

1 year ago today: Fox News downplays the threat of coronavirus

“Zero people in the United States of America have died from the coronavirus. Zero,” Hannity said

HAN.jpg

Trump one year ago today on COVID: “It’s going to disappear one day. It’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Zeb said:

One year ago – and now 524,669 USA deaths later

1 year ago today: Fox News downplays the threat of coronavirus

“Zero people in the United States of America have died from the coronavirus. Zero,” Hannity said

HAN.jpg

Trump one year ago today on COVID: “It’s going to disappear one day. It’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

Well that certainly didn't work out very well now did it. But it's all water under the bridge now. A lot of mistakes were made... some by smart well intending people and some by just plain idiots. But what matters now is where we go from here. I don't really care about who did what or more to the point... didn't do. What really matters is us all pulling together and getting this f##ker figured out and fixing it so it won't hurt anyone else.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Well that certainly didn't work out very well now did it. But it's all water under the bridge now. A lot of mistakes were made... some by smart well intending people and some by just plain idiots. But what matters now is where we go from here. I don't really care about who did what or more to the point... didn't do. What really matters is us all pulling together and getting this f##ker figured out and fixing it so it won't hurt anyone else.

You're right. Time to put our collective feet on the neck of the virus and never let up.

Just don't let those that lied & failed ever have their chance ever again.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:04 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez ... what government didn't screw up in the early stages .... normal, I think .. but, there are certain government people that still care .... 

Exactly as I said at the end of the same sentence . . . 🙄

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

Some of us were required to book the second jab when booking the first one. I think it depended on the type of centre administering the vaccinations. 

Yes, I wasn't sure how other places worked, that's why I was careful to put for me.

How long have you got to wait between your jabs?

Well done gentlemen, I soon will join the party also, get my "Moderna" second shot Tuesday 11:00am. Johnson&Johnson now approved and 20 Million doses start shipping to USA next week, with another 100 Million by end of June. One shot and done...this is good and we can all see some light here. 

Wifey is expected to get hers end of March, she is younger so she has to wait a bit. 

Christ with my Flu shot, Shingles shot, Pneumonia shot, and now a first round Covid shot all in the past year, I have been "poked" more times then Kim Kardashian by African Americans LOL! 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well done gentlemen, I soon will join the party also, get my "Moderna" second shot Tuesday 11:00am. Johnson&Johnson now approved and 20 Million doses start shipping to USA next week, with another 100 Million by end of June. One shot and done...this is good and we can all see some light here. 

Wifey is expected to get hers end of March, she is younger so she has to wait a bit. 

Christ with my Flu shot, Shingles shot, Pneumonia shot, and now a first round Covid shot all in the past year, I have been "poked" more times then Kim Kardashian by African Americans LOL! 

Ah yes, it just so happened I had a check up at that very same VA facility the day before I was there for the Covid vaccine and was asked about a shingles vaccination. I said I have never had one and it was recommended I do, but it can be scheduled 3-4 weeks after the 2nd Covid shot is administered. I guess to give my immune system time to absorb the new kid in town before bringing yet another stranger into the neighborhood.

Hell, I'm on a hot streak now with meds. Might as well get that one knocked out sometime this spring too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

can't wait for the leaked video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Ah yes, it just so happened I had a check up at that very same VA facility the day before I was there for the Covid vaccine and was asked about a shingles vaccination. I said I have never had one and it was recommended I do, but it can be scheduled 3-4 weeks after the 2nd Covid shot is administered. I guess to give my immune system time to absorb the new kid in town before bringing yet another stranger into the neighborhood.

Hell, I'm on a hot streak now with meds. Might as well get that one knocked out sometime this spring too.

Oh yeah Smooth, get the Shingles Shot when you can. I had one at 50, but now the new "Shingrix" version is 90% effective. When I got back here, my neighbor convinced me to get the new version. He got it bad, and showed me pics on his laptop. He said it was the worst pain he ever had in his life. He said he would rather die then go through this again. 

Wifey got her shot too... We both felt like shit after the second shot for the next few days, but well worth it. They are spaced 2 months apart. 

@thumper63Great news Terry...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Oh yeah Smooth, get the Shingles Shot when you can. I had one at 50, but now the new "Shingrix" version is 90% effective. When I got back here, my neighbor convinced me to get the new version. He got it bad, and showed me pics on his laptop. He said it was the worst pain he ever had in his life. He said he would rather die then go through this again. 

Wifey got her shot too... We both felt like shit after the second shot for the next few days, but well worth it. They are spaced 2 months apart. 

@thumper63Great news Terry...

I had shingles in 1991. Horrible but I don't think I can get it again. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:53 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I had shingles in 1991. Horrible but I don't think I can get it again. 

It can...(sorry)...

Shingles can strike twice. Will the shingles vaccine help?
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/shingles-can-strike-twice-will-the-shingles-vaccine-help-201103021531

No one who has experienced the burning, stabbing, painful misery of shingles wants to think about it again. But they should. Why? Because shingles can strike twice, or rarely, even a third time. A shingles vaccine can reduce the chances of a recurrence.

There’s some disagreement about how often recurrence occurs. In one study, researchers examined medical records of nearly 1,700 patients who had a documented case of shingles between 1996 and 2001. They found that more than 5% of these patients were treated for a second episode within an average of eight years. That’s about as likely as getting shingles in the first place if you’re age 60 or older. Other studies have shown the recurrence rate to be much lower.

But the bottom line is the same: having shingles once doesn’t protect you from ever having it again...

• Like 1