COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I am in the Moderna "2 shot club" now....very efficient yesterday at 11:00am. Done and out in 25 minutes. 

My right arm is sore, but nothing else is bothering me as of now. 

My city opens up a new "tier" today, got an e-mail the gym will now re-open as will indoor dining and a few other things so certainly we are heading in the right direction. 

Gym's open April 12th here, cannot fucking wait!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Texas governor announces all businesses to reopen and no more masks ..

5D74C1AC-140B-461B-A16F-FB3BF2183F93.jpeg

I'm very much an optimist.... but regarding this opening up in Texas I find myself thinking that it's too soon to just throw the doors wide open again. We're just starting to get vaccinated but we haven't won the war yet. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

I'm very much an optimist.... but regarding this opening up in Texas I find myself thinking that it's too soon to just throw the doors wide open again. We're just starting to get vaccinated but we haven't won the war yet. Time will tell.

Yes, and even riskier as the much more infectious UK variant could take a hold, just as it did in the UK. 

• Like 1

Well, our local authorities just sentenced us to 90 more days of "emergency measures", meaning that we will still have to wear those silly masks and go into isolation if we return from outside the territory. Considering that we have had no new cases of the virus for weeks now, I think this is rather heavy-handed and that 30 days would have been sufficient. Mind you, there is a territorial election coming up this spring so I guess I can understand why the ruling party doesn't want to stick their necks out at this time - and we've still have it easy here compared to what other countries are putting up with...

• Great Info 2

Coronavirus (COVID-19): declaration form for international travel from England during stay at home restrictions

You must complete this form to confirm that you are outside of your home to travel abroad for a legally permitted reason. Different rules apply in Northern IrelandScotland and Wales

This requirement applies to people travelling outside the UK from England. You don’t need to complete the form to travel to Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man if that is your final destination. 

Legally permitted reasons for international travel include: 

• work 
  • volunteering 
  • education 
  • medical, or compassionate grounds  
  • weddings, funerals and related events 

Find out more about the legally permitted reasons.

Some people do not need to complete the form because of the job they do.

You do not need to complete the form yourself if you are under the age of 18 or if you lack capacity to complete the form. If a responsible adult is travelling with you, they must complete a separate copy of the form on your behalf. 

Print a copy of the completed form or save it to a mobile phone or other device.  

You may be required to present this declaration and asked for any evidence to support your reason for travel at your port of departure. 

Keep this form with you – police may ask to see it but will not collect it from you.  

Declaration for international travel

Details of the traveller

Given name(s):

Surname:

Date of birth (d d / m m / y y y y):

Nationality:

Home address:

Passport number, or travel document reference number (as appropriate):

Destination:

I hereby declare that my reason for being outside my home to travel internationally is for:

Work

Volunteering

Education

Medical, or compassionate reasons

Wedding, funeral or related event

Other permitted reasons – please specify:

Declaration

I certify that the information I have provided is true. I understand that if I provide false or misleading information, I may be issued with a fixed penalty notice and/or a direction to return home; or be arrested. 

Signature:

If completing electronically, write your full name.

Write your full name if you are signing the form on behalf of another traveller:

Date (dd/mm/yyyy):

2 hours ago, john luke said:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): declaration form for international travel from England during stay at home restrictions

You must complete this form to confirm that you are outside of your home to travel abroad for a legally permitted reason. Different rules apply in Northern IrelandScotland and Wales

This requirement applies to people travelling outside the UK from England. You don’t need to complete the form to travel to Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man if that is your final destination. 

• work 
  • volunteering 
  • education 

You do not need to complete the form yourself if you are under the age of 18 or if you lack capacity to complete the form. If a responsible adult is travelling with you, they must complete a separate copy of the form on your behalf. 

Print a copy of the completed form or save it to a mobile phone or other device.  

You may be required to present this declaration and asked for any evidence to support your reason for travel at your port of departure. 

Keep this form with you – police may ask to see it but will not collect it from you.  

Details of the traveller

Given name(s):

Surname:

Nationality:

Home address:

Destination:

I hereby declare that my reason for being outside my home to travel internationally is for:

Work

Volunteering

Education

Declaration

I certify that the information I have provided is true. I understand that if I provide false or misleading information, I may be issued with a fixed penalty notice and/or a direction to return home; or be arrested. 

Signature:

Write your full name if you are signing the form on behalf of another traveller:

Date (dd/mm/yyyy):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9330543/Britons-allowed-abroad-travel-ban-face-200-FINES-fail-permit.html

Britons with good reasons to go abroad face £200 FINES if they arrive at airport without a new permit from Monday - and could be ARRESTED if they lie on the form - under new plans to clamp down on illegal journeys

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Well, our local authorities just sentenced us to 90 more days of "emergency measures", meaning that we will still have to wear those silly masks and go into isolation if we return from outside the territory. Considering that we have had no new cases of the virus for weeks now, I think this is rather heavy-handed and that 30 days would have been sufficient. Mind you, there is a territorial election coming up this spring so I guess I can understand why the ruling party doesn't want to stick their necks out at this time - and we've still have it easy here compared to what other countries are putting up with...

Yeah...I'm sick of the mask requirement, too. There was a quarantine requirement here (SF Bay Area/Cali) but it was never enforced. Now, starting to 'open' up a bit more - indoor dining with restrictions, museums, etc. Schools are still closed (except for private ones). Shopping has been relatively 'wide open' all along.

I probably won't get vaccinated until summer...looks like it's a long wait for the under-65 folks.

Yet imho, to beat the virus 99% it makes sense to keep a "foot on its neck" as long a possible. That way it won't become a seasonal nightmare with spikes in cases and deaths. Fingers crossed and masks (still) on.

4 hours ago, john luke said:

• work 
  • volunteering 
  • education 

Details of the traveller

Given name(s):

Surname:

Nationality:

Home address:

Destination:

Work

Volunteering

Education

Declaration

Signature:

Date (dd/mm/yyyy):

Temporary, though should have been done from a couple of months ago.

2 hours ago, fforest said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9330543/Britons-allowed-abroad-travel-ban-face-200-FINES-fail-permit.html

Britons with good reasons to go abroad face £200 FINES if they arrive at airport without a new permit from Monday - and could be ARRESTED if they lie on the form - under new plans to clamp down on illegal journeys

lol, just right too, hope it stays that way for all nutters that refuse the vaccine :default_dirol:

I got my covid19 shot yesterday in the U.S. I had to drive 90 minutes to get it, but once at the center, I was in and out in 30 minutes, including a 15-minute "observation period" to make sure there was no immediate bad reaction.  It was the Johnson & Johnson one-jab vaccine and I was one of the first 2,500 people in Delaware to receive it. I had signed up online about six weeks ago for the vaccine.  After the shot,  I received a card stating I'd gotten the vaccination, but it doesn't look very official (I'll post a photo later).  I doubt Thai authorities will accept it as proof of vaccination.

About 250,000 vaccinations have been administered so far in Delaware (population one million), but until yesterday, all had been two-shot vaccines.  To date, only 71,000 people in Delaware have gotten both shots and they were mostly elderly living in care facilities and health care workers.   Delaware is the state from which Biden comes, so no favoritism.

Another 2,500 people are expected to get the J & J vaccine at a separate event today, with the last 3,000 doses of the initial delivery to Delaware of the single dose vaccines to go to essential workers such as law enforcement and teachers. Health care workers of all types had been eligible to get the vaccine since late December, along with elderly residents of care facilities.

Evil

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely no idea when I can have a jab. Marooned in Sweden with no ID no nothing... Just received my certificate of no impediment from the British embassy in Stockholm. Off to the tax office tomorrow with said details hoping for a marriage licence. Hoping for may 14th. 

Then hopefully a Swedish ID ( personummer) then some kind of jab. Problem is Sweden are painfully slow at this kind of thing. Christ! They are talking about some kind of lockdown here..... 14 months to late. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Expecting my 2nd end of this month, start of next.

Though having already had Covid, having antibodies and one jab already, pretty much bullet proof already!

Still, handy to have/prove once we start flying again end of May, save the cost/hassle/worry of a test, like the missus will have to do to travel it seems.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, maipenrai said:

I agree. Where you are, you probably have a greater chance of getting mauled by a grizzly. That the politicians up your way decided to go well beyond what was a reasonable time, considering you saying there have been no new cases for weeks, just goes to show how they are more concerned about maintaining their power grab.

Good luck up there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, forcebwithu said:

For all us armchair scientists, we now have access to a detailed database of C19 cases. @code_slayer_bkk we should apply our data analytic expertise on the database and save humanity. I'd be more than willing to share the Nobel Prize with ya. :default_biggrin:

New Google.org COVID-19 database could hold key to disease's mysteries

https://global.health/

Well, give me all the shit you want .. but, I am pretty fucking good at what I do ... I am certain I could squeeze some informative ( 100% relative ) shit out of the data ...

Saving humanity -- let it save itself ... it got itself into this shit to begin with ....

The first thing I would start with is the over weight people and the effects of the china virus ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

This is probably on most minds. Once vaccinated...what can/should I do?

. . .

(US) CDC releases highly anticipated guidance for people fully vaccinated against Covid-19
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/08/health/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-guidelines-fully-vaccinated/index.html

The CDC says fully vaccinated people can:

• Visit other vaccinated people indoors without masks or physical distancing
  • Visit indoors with unvaccinated people from a single household without masks or physical distancing, if the unvaccinated people are at low risk for severe disease.
  • Skip quarantine and testing if exposed to someone who has Covid-19 but are asymptomatic, but should monitor for symptoms for 14 days
However, people who are fully vaccinated still need to take precautions in many scenarios. The guidelines say fully vaccinated people must:
  • Wear a mask and keep good physical distance around the unvaccinated who are at increased risk for severe Covid-19, or if the unvaccinated person has a household member who is at higher risk
  • Wear masks and physically distance when visiting unvaccinated people who are from multiple households.
In addition, fully vaccinated people should continue basic safety precautions, including: wearing a mask that fits well and keeping physical distance in public; avoiding medium- and large-sized crowds; avoiding poorly ventilated public spaces; washing hands frequently; and getting tested for Covid-19 if they feel sick.

If fully vaccinated people live in a non-health care congregate setting, such as a group home detention facility, they should quarantine for 14 days and get tested if exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 case.
Edited by lazarus

Well today the death toll reported in Wales for the last 24 hours was 0 which is the first time there have been no deaths over a 24 hour period since 05 October. 

Binlid's wife just sent my wife the info which prompted me to herald it as this is a good milestone and hopefully it will see many future days with no deaths although the infection rate still sees figures in the 100s.  Hopefully those infected will be less likely to die from Covid as the older generations are now more protected.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, fygjam said:

True.

I just wanted to avoid having to post 29,696,250 Americans mauled by grizzlies, 537,838 didn't make it.

Actually, you didn't have to post anything, but since you like being a smart ass, you do it anyway. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, give me all the shit you want .. but, I am pretty fucking good at what I do ... I am certain I could squeeze some informative ( 100% relative ) shit out of the data ...

Saving humanity -- let it save itself ... it got itself into this shit to begin with ....

The first thing I would start with is the over weight people and the effects of the china virus ...

CDC already beat you on starting with the fat ones...

CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese