6 weeks on the Road in Thailand

Yesitisdakid

I've got some catching up to do, and I've been returning to Pattaya for a week each time after a week or so on the road.  Trip 1 was Bangkok and Hua Hin, trip 2 was Bangkok, Khon Kaen and Kalasin.  Trip 3 is next week and is Korat, Nong Khai and maybe Udon Thani.  As well as the trains, I've used or looked at these bus companies when choosing how to travel.  Any additions to this list would be appreciated.

Nakhonchaiair Bus Co

Sri Mongkol Bus Co.

Chan Tours (thanks Andy!)

Pattana 407 Bus Co.

A couple more with no names or names I didn't catch - one on Pattaya Klang just before Foodland and one in central Hua Hin.

And for anyone that didn't know, the airport bus from Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien (and vv) has started up again with a three times daily schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Great photos.

Was there a highlight and lowlight of the trip?

places i liked better were Nong Khai and Surat Thani no real low points

3 hours ago, grayray said:

Khun L,

the pics of buildings are OK,but where are the ladies?

was you on your own? what was the highlight of the trip?

regards

grayray

yes traveled solo the trip was not so much about pussy guess thats old age huh ☺️

• Sad 1

....Mmmmm - Nong Khai & Surat Thani ?  Never had those on my travel list.  Maybe will take a peak after my Chiang Mai visit.  Just put in an offer for a place in Patts, but this next time around, plan to visit other parts of Thailand, not just BKK/Patts

19 hours ago, KWA said:

Sri Mongkol Bus Co

I had originally had I plan to use this service for one of my trips when I went into their office in Pattaya they told me that no foreign Travelers at this time. That is the only issue I had with any of the bus companies or the Thailand trains

8 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I had originally had I plan to use this service for one of my trips when I went into their office in Pattaya they told me that no foreign Travelers at this time. That is the only issue I had with any of the bus companies or the Thailand trains

I was wondering about that having read news reports of some with an anti-farang attitude. Good to hear it was only one bus company.

And thanks for the TR. So much to see and do in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

yes traveled solo the trip was not so much about pussy guess thats old age huh ☺️

You once said to me all trips are about pussy .... :default_friends:

I've been travelling too bitch PS photos are great on your new phone. You must have a sores from sitting on all them cheap wooden benches.

Well done buddy ...

IMG_0935.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Nong Khai is one of my favourite towns in Thailand and only 50kms north of my wife's village.

It is unlikely that I will retire fulltime in Thailand but if that changes I will probably make Nong Khai my home.

• Like 1