What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shit yeh! Nowt wrong with a bit of Granny Shaggin' every now and then !!

Lol Behave yourself...

5 hours ago, fygjam said:

Surely at some time during your military career you went on an "uglies night" (aka fuglies)?

I think Mr DD had the dubious honour of winning most of the "pull a pig" nights , which was later surpassed by someone who may wish to remain anonymous at this moment in time at another location as yet undisclosed.

This can't be confirmed or denied, however...🤣🤣🤣 as Butch that individual might see it as a continued challenge, given by my his recent escapades.

• Haha 4

Packing!

Well, just finished packing.

Taxi comes 3.45am Tuesday morning.

I used to baulk at early morning flights, but quite like them now, if not too much of a time difference. I'll be sitting having an Iskender kebab for lunch on Tuesday afternoon!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just received an email from SSA that in 2024 we'll be getting a 3.2% COLA increase. Happy days. The increase will pay for about 36 large Leos each month. :default_drink:

Or how many boxes of Sato @ 290 Baht can you donate to my belly with that money  ??

Talking of Sato and my nieghbour's community spirit .......I had a knock on my door this morning. They will be going to Soi 19 today so I've ordered 2 boxes of Sato off them !!!

Yesterday they did same same at Makro and bought 2 boxes of Mont Clair for me...!! More expensive than "my" shop but I'm too bloody lazy to walk that far !!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/14/2023 at 9:04 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shit yeh! Nowt wrong with a bit of Granny Shaggin' every now and then !!

Research from major Thai lender Kasikorn Bank estimates that by 2029 the kingdom will join a list of super-ageing societies where more than 20 percent of the population are older than 65.

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/old-and-poor-thailand-sleepwalking-towards-an-ageing-crisis/news-story/d133bfd9ecfb17c408018890b538e6b0

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just received an email from SSA that in 2024 we'll be getting a 3.2% COLA increase. Happy days. The increase will pay for about 36 large Leos each month. :default_drink:

I get 3%/year on my penison.     My checks now are 40% more than my first check.

Keep it coming baby.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My 93yo mother must have fallen asleep,as I've had no phone calls for about 30mins...had around 50 today before that.

She went into hospital over 3 weeks ago as she fell 4 times in a few days,had postural drop which meant that her BP dropped by 50% between being prone & vertical.They fixed that & she came out on Friday.She gets 3 x carer visits daily-free for 4 weeks then we have to pay-except when she tells them to fcuk off.Mainly to see that she takes her meds so doesn't start falling down again.

She really is driving me to drink,I go to the pub with my mobile on airplane mode just to get some peace.

Looking at a Thailand trip in Jan if I can retain my sanity until then.Put her in a care home & tell her we're going for 4 weeks then stay for at least 6....she has no memory.

• Sad 6

42 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Got sacked.

Don’t bother me actually as it gives me more time with Jan. Will miss my mates there though. Financially I’m fine with the money Jan gave me and my savings and pensions.

I’ll probably look for something in the new year as I like a structured day and sense of purpose. Need time to deal with Jan’s death and grieve for her.

Sorry about your job

I was very lucky , when my Mum was in hospice , my boss gave me as much time as I needed , had a total of three weeks off work ... when she was at the end , mourning and the funeral... made things a lot easier for me .. 

• Thumbs Up 6

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I liked the 8.7% we got last year....but any increase certainly helps right? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Got sacked.

Don’t bother me actually as it gives me more time with Jan. Will miss my mates there though. Financially I’m fine with the money Jan gave me and my savings and pensions.

I’ll probably look for something in the new year as I like a structured day and sense of purpose. Need time to deal with Jan’s death and grieve for her.

Best wishes to you. 

Maybe at some point some part time volunteer work with flexible hours. Helping folks who really need , but not to the point where it is over stressing you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I liked the 8.7% we got last year....but any increase certainly helps right? 

Second that one!

When calculating the 3.2% Dollar amount, do you revert to your first SS Gross total or your current gross SS payment? For me about a $25 difference.