What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Nowt like '63 though eh ..???

That was a great year for snow.

I was in Merthyr Tydfil for Christmas and I remember my mum coming outside our house with me, holding a gaslight, and waiting for me outside the outhouse. Had to dig our way there.

• Great Info 1

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

That was a great year for snow.

I was in Merthyr Tydfil for Christmas and I remember my mum coming outside our house with me, holding a gaslight, and waiting for me outside the outhouse. Had to dig our way there.

I was 7 yr old then ..... It only took one time to learn to put your freezing cold hands into cold water then slowly add hot water !!!

35 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I just got stung 40b for a tiny bottle of water in departures. Forgot to take some meds, so had little choice. 

School boy error.

20231205_163900.jpg

I always bring  a couple of plastic water flask type things, every airport i've been to lately has free drinking water fill ups.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In memory of the final "Kiss" show after 50 years on the road....love them or hate them to death, respect for doing what they did for all those years. The final show at Madison Square Garden this past Sat night was epic they say. 

I never told Wifey back in March 2020, when we saw the final show back in Oakland, Calif, that this was NOT the real Paul Stanley...she really thought it was. I can be cruel at times LOL! 

DSC00672 2.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

In memory of the final "Kiss" show after 50 years on the road....love them or hate them to death, respect for doing what they did for all those years. The final show at Madison Square Garden this past Sat night was epic they say. 

I never told Wifey back in March 2020, when we saw the final show back in Oakland, Calif, that this was NOT the real Paul Stanley...she really thought it was. I can be cruel at times LOL! 

DSC00672 2.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Love Kiss, always have since I was a kid. Seen them live a few times over the years. But age takes its toll and you have to call it a day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Nowt like '63 though eh ..???

Now you’re talking. I was 11 at the time and to kids back then  over 6ft of snow meant only one thing. NO SCHOOL. 🤗 

Strangely though, we managed to spend all day playing outside and didn’t notice the cold. 
Halycyon  days. 😀

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Noticed the Banks were closed , holiday for the last kings Birthday? 

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, it's Father's day in recognition. 

Technically a dry day too!

Yep, realized this today when I went to get my haircut (no jokes please, I'ved already heard a couple of them today.... lol. Love getting my head shaved, it's almost like meditation). He was closed.

But I got a good ride in and the market was open, stocked up. Took a break from the gym today. Will be back at it tomorrow. Routine is very good for my mental health.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Packing .... leave Thailand tomorrow ✈️

Have a good one mate. 

Sure was good seeing you. Looking forward to when you come back. 

Buriram has an airport (about a 20 minute drive into Buriram City, and I think around about an hours drive to Korat). There is also a train that connects between Buriram City and Korat. Taking that train trip was a very enjoyable experience, along with a mutual friend of ours. 

The time I have spent visiting there has always been good for me and it certainly has a different pace compared to the others I have been to. Worth a few days just for the interactions with the people and the environment. English is more challenging than elsewhere, but I have always been able to sort things out. An interesting place to chill, even when the temps are over 100. Cambo boarder not far either.

It's not beach side action, just more like low key living. Which nowadays suites me just fine.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've had toothache for a few days so went to the dentist yesterday.

Got a crack in upper left back tooth complete with an infection above it....dentist wanted to put me on antibiotics but I'm allergic to some of them so she's waiting on a call back from my GP surgery to tell her which one is OK....it's 1120 now & still waiting.

Got another appointment tomorrow where she'll remove the filling to see if the tooth can be saved.

£££'s....

Now I have to go 6 miles round the M25 to my demented mother who is getting a GP visit after I rang her surgery this morning about her feet & ankles,which resemble small footballs at the moment.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just found these two lost little puppies at the Kad Farang Market Village. They have an open clothing market today, and BINGO. I hit the jackpot.

Hat, brand new, never worn, exactly the color I have been looking for.

50 baht

Shorts, color and style have been looking for. Brand new, never worn.

100 baht

Total 150 baht = $4.28 for a new ensemble

**** The foot was free.

hat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I received my frozen half a turkey yesterday. It went straight into the fridge to slowly defrost.

Tonight it was defrosted enough for me to cut it into 5 x one man portions ..

All done now and in the freezer ..and I'm a happy man!!

Time for a glass of wine ..!!

gobble gobble

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Cheers mate. Then I'm guessing you know what I'm talking about.  lol

Have fun, but always beware of the potential.          :default_blink:

Yep, I’ve been sensible by my standards and I’m on the plane waiting for takeoff now 👍🏻