What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

Both my parents gone back in my 20's.Not a nice thing to have to deal with.

Condolences Nadia

My old man passed away 2 years ago, he was 107 and was only ill for 2 days prior to passing.

Before he got rough he was walking 3 miles every day, cooking, cleaning and shopping for himself, in his own house.

I didn’t have a clue what to do, luckily the undertaker did virtually everything, as dad had bought and paid for his funeral several years before and left all the details with them. 

Sorting out his finances and his will was a whole different matter, as he had loads of money and property all over the place and I have only recently completed everything. I could have left it to a solicitor, but just the thought of paying those leeches tens of thousands for sitting on their asses, was never going to happen.

I’ve sorted mine, so my wife won’t have to worry. Wouldn’t want to put her and our son though that. That’s why we both have wills in Thailand and in UK.

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Condolences Nadia

My old man passed away 2 years ago, he was 107 and was only ill for 2 days prior to passing.

Before he got rough he was walking 3 miles every day, cooking, cleaning and shopping for himself, in his own house.

I didn’t have a clue what to do, luckily the undertaker did virtually everything, as dad had bought and paid for his funeral several years before and left all the details with them. 

Sorting out his finances and his will was a whole different matter, as he had loads of money and property all over the place and I have only recently completed everything. I could have left it to a solicitor, but just the thought of paying those leeches tens of thousands for sitting on their asses, was never going to happen.

I’ve sorted mine, so my wife won’t have to worry. Wouldn’t want to put her and our son though that. That’s why we both have wills in Thailand and in UK.

That's a fine innings by your dad.Especially when he was independent for so long.

Would rather be dead than end up with dementia and needing someone to take care of me as so many elderly end up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

That's a fine innings by your dad.Especially when he was independent for so long.

Would rather be dead than end up with dementia and needing someone to take care of me as so many elderly end up.

My father is kinda like that now, he's early 70's.  

Not dementia, but paralysed down one side after a bad stroke, incontinence and can't really communicate. Though he has his faculties, which is good or bad, depending how you look at it. 

He had said to us if he ever ended up like that to shoot him. But in reality you can't do that. Best we could do is a do not resuscitate. 

It's hard as whwn I go home with our daughter, his grand daughter, you can see the joy and happiness in his face. But I know he would not want to be as he is. 

Made me reevaluate my life, so I now try not to sweat the small stuff, and as less hassle as possible, try to get on with everyone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Booked a day's holiday today from work as i fancied getting on the booze.Boss is cool as long as not too many other staff off.😀

Have 6 more days left this year to use.Got 2 booked for Level 42 and Godsmack gigs,(complete opposite music styles i know).

Other 4 will probably be spur of the moment benders.😀

Did the same yesterday and today, yesterday because I wanted to do the wifes car and today because I'm lazy quite frankly.

:)

3 hours ago, nadia said:

just sorting out my mums funeral arrangements there is a lot to do

Condolences mate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Understood. 👍

I watched the program showing it being built the other day.

The reason they included the water tanks in the design, was the droughts and water shortages the area had been experiencing and these tanks, when full with rainwater, would make them self sufficient for approximately  3 years. 

Internally, the house is really nice, but agree, the outside is weird, but there are many climbing and falling plants and vines incorporated into the facade. Give it five years and the greening may make me change my mind. 

Edited by KhunDon
Used wrong word.

Just back from taking my son swimming, coffee and off to Sainsbury’s- living the dream😎

At 4pm Off to meet an old chum from Uni, we meet up once a month / 6 weeks and go on the piss then head to our favourite greek/Cypriot restaurant 

Edited by AJSP

4 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Sat having a G&T in Le Pub with BMs KWA and obviously misteregg. Barsie from the secrets forum is also with us, nice lad. 

Met KWA a few years back in Secrets.Not had the pleasure of meeting Barsie,but he does seem a nice fella from his forum postings.

Mr Egg's a good egg.😀

Was planning to fit some new rear indicators on the bike but its been raining all morning so its a bit damp in the driveway workshop.😀

So been on the net,reading my Kindle,and making a start on the booze.👍

6 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Sat having a G&T in Le Pub with BMs KWA and obviously misteregg. Barsie from the secrets forum is also with us, nice lad. 

Enjoy!

Not in le pub, but I once asked for a tonic water in a bar. No hab, says the girl. I ask for gin tonic, no gin. Girls trots off, returns with tonic water!

Today visited Gloucester old prison with GF and friends. A truly grim place with the old tread mill and whipping post. Photos of those who were hanged in the yard and an account of their grisly crimes.

The slopping out area and tiny cells with little light were still used twenty years ago. Some of the graffiti etched on the beds was interesting going back to the fifties.