What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just fitted rear brake pads to my car. As usual nothing goes to plan. The wind back brake caliper tool I bought didn't fit. Had to clamp and grind the locking pad/piece into the shape of my caliper. Fits all models it said. Nope, not a Vauxhall. Anyhow 2 hours wasted dinking around with that. Job done. 

Edited by farangme

1 minute ago, farangme said:

Just fitted rear brake pads to my car. As usual nothing goes to plan. The wind back brake caliper tool I bought didn't. Had to clamp and grind the locking pad/piece into the shape of my caliper. Fits all models it said. Nope, not a Vauxhall. Anyhow 2 hours wasted dinking around with that. Job done. 

Been there many times. Haynes manuals in the old days.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, john1000 said:

Been there many times. Haynes manuals in the old days.

Everything was easier in the old days john1000. Every job now requires special tools. In my day you loosened off a bleed nipple and pushed a caliper piston back with  g clamp. Nothing easy now.

2 hours ago, farangme said:

Everything was easier in the old days john1000. Every job now requires special tools. In my day you loosened off a bleed nipple and pushed a caliper piston back with  g clamp. Nothing easy now.

Thats where my technology still is.....

Good I retired !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Working away in the boiler room of the forum.. cleaning up the menu and creating a HELP section for new members .. as there's too many repeated questions, which i don't mind but i guess its all better to be in one place.

Then going food shopping.. and collecting my lottery winnings from last night.. 🤪🤔

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Doing an overtime shift at work. Can't afford any electric so thought I may as well come into work, nicked a pack of super noodles from Tesco on the way in. At this rate I should have enough money for a trip to Pattaya in 2030.

Stop being s Public Sector ponce then, and get a job in the real world -_-