Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Not the smartest move on their part to advertise to the BIB they have shisha available.

Can anyone explain why tobacco and weed are legal but Shisha is a crime?.....And don't say taxes, because I bet loads of the weed seller are paying zip for taxes......

Answer is.......There is no answer......

Also Shisha smokers only made up a tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of smokers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Can anyone explain why tobacco and weed are legal but Shisha is a crime?.....And don't say taxes, because I bet loads of the weed seller are paying zip for taxes......

LAW, LOGIC and MORALITY do not always coincide.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Massive fire hazard mate.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

21 hours ago, Stillearly said:

69 Baht for a beer on WS isn't bad ....

I don't understand  the LD bits .. 

but Shisha would put me off entering completely 

69 Baht for a beer and 90 Baht for a LD beer seems ok. Especially if you can restrict yourself to one.

I went last night with Frosty and a friend (Dave). It looks nice, very nightclub vibe. 
Lots of moving and flashing lights which a little disorientating. 
The seats at the bar had been removed and they had put an Indian buffet there. Shame as I thought these were some of the best seats. 
We were the only customers but it was early. 
I bought Moullie and cashier a drink. She said low on customers but early days. 
A few freelancers who would appeal to Indian or Arab customers. 
Frosty said his beer was 165฿

Wishing them all the best. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Lots of moving and flashing lights which a little disorientating. 

This seems to be the trend now. I found it in Escape (Treetown) and Playgirlz (Soi Boomerang) and, from what I see on YouTube, also at the new place on Soi Buakhao (? Glitz).

I hate it, and will avoid places which have it. I also feel concerned about the effect on your eyes.

• Like 1

I wonder if their management would be offended by us giving them solid advice and make the place more appealing. It sound like yes we would love to see that place rise from the ashes but don't. What was it someone said...Take care of the customer and the bar will run itself ?

For the lights there's a quick cure for that....walk in with sunglasses that's a quick and easy fix...no charge.

As for fat birds...I've never understood that...I've tried but then discovered LOS and never looked back. Each to there own and before anyone asks.... I would turn down Kim K for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Went in a couple of weeks ago. It's now called "The Keys". Its exactly the same as before ie. no structural refurbishment. It was 130 baht for a bottle of Chang and it was more or less empty. Moulie (ex FLB) is mamasan, so it was nice to see her but I had one beer and left. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Parry said:

Went in a couple of weeks ago. It's now called "The Keys". Its exactly the same as before ie. no structural refurbishment. It was 130 baht for a bottle of Chang and it was more or less empty. Moulie (ex FLB) is mamasan, so it was nice to see her but I had one beer and left. 

Moulie is the GM been told

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

There is no room in that guest house that could hold 6 queen size beds

Indian queen size maybe ??? ...........ya never been to Delhi or Madras have ya ??

Easy fit at least 3 regular queen beds  in share 5 to a bed and a mattress on the floor for the Beach Road girl. 

Rotate until morning ........

Save plenty of money that way !! Not a pleasant image I know but times change ......

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Indian queen size maybe ??? ...........ya never been to Delhi or Madras have ya ??

Easy fit at least 3 regular queen beds  in share 5 to a bed and a mattress on the floor for the Beach Road girl. 

Rotate until morning ........

Save plenty of money that way !! Not a pleasant image I know but times change ......

Good for a pile up 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2