Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

18 minutes ago, Painter said:

Bearing in mind @boydeste is living out of a can for the next god-knows-how-long and so won't be taking pics of steaks , I suffered a steak, with garlic mushrooms and home made chips, all on his behalf, you understand. 

I've given up on steak for the past year or so after too many pieces of shoe-leather from supermarkets.... but this was from a real butcher's shop. I fear I will be returning...!

20210913_185853.jpg

Air Fryer rules.

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

A bit of a lash up. Tinned caserol and mushroom rice. I have limited resources to keep food cool lakeside. So I tried to pick some tinned food that Would go with rice. It actually tasted quite nice.

IMG_20210913_15244.jpg

Doubles as a makeshift "tool" warmer... 

When you forget to pack one. 😁

Capture.JPG

• Haha 4

On 9/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, Painter said:

Bearing in mind @boydeste is living out of a can for the next god-knows-how-long and so won't be taking pics of steaks , I suffered a steak, with garlic mushrooms and home made chips, all on his behalf, you understand. 

I've given up on steak for the past year or so after too many pieces of shoe-leather from supermarkets.... but this was from a real butcher's shop. I fear I will be returning...!

20210913_185853.jpg

I returned to the U.S. in March of this year, following almost a year and a half in Thailand.

The first time I went to the local grocery store I was shocked at the price of meat (particularly beef), and how much the prices had gone up in such a short time.

Yesterday I heard a report on NPR explaining why such extreme price increases....

It appears that the meat packaging companies are colluding. There are basically four major beef packaging companies that are controlling the market. Competition is limited, therefore they are jacking the prices, while making excuses for doing so. Fucking Cunts.

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

36 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Omelette & beans....loads of Thai chili in the omelette so I HAD to drink some white wine with it😂

79f4aa48-4cf7-4d50-af39-4c391edee9d3.jpg

We have the same type of tablemats and drink coasters, but in blue.

Looks good, I love an omlette and I hope they are Heinz beans!!.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

four major beef packaging companies that are controlling the market.

I purchased beef from no fewer than 14 or 15 packing/slaughterhouses during my working time at the meat company.  4 Major company's may indeed have a hold on the market but the competition is tough. In the meat business you can make more money buying than selling if you know what what you are doing. 

• Great Info 1

40 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I purchased beef from no fewer than 14 or 15 packing/slaughterhouses during my working time at the meat company.  4 Major company's may indeed have a hold on the market but the competition is tough. In the meat business you can make more money buying than selling if you know what what you are doing. 

The report I listened to mentioned that the ranchers are losing about $150/head. The distributors are making I think they said $1,800/head.....   😬