What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

Just had tea.

Yesterday I had intentions of drinking Timothy Taylor Landlord (been sitting in the fridge for 2 weeks) but got back from work and fell asleep. By the time I woke at 2245 I just wasn't in the mood for beer so another cuppa and off to bed.  As I am working tonight there is no beer for me today so a whole weekend with no alcohol.  Last time I drank a beer was at the Reading meet, I am sad.

Bloody bottle of wine still in the fridge as well.

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just had tea.

Yesterday I had intentions of drinking Timothy Taylor Landlord (been sitting in the fridge for 2 weeks) but got back from work and fell asleep. By the time I woke at 2245 I just wasn't in the mood for beer so another cuppa and off to bed.  As I am working tonight there is no beer for me today so a whole weekend with no alcohol.  Last time I drank a beer was at the Reading meet, I am sad.

Bloody bottle of wine still in the fridge as well.

Normally i would have been drinking 8% cider upon waking.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Normally i would have been drinking 8% cider upon waking.

I have got to the point that I really don't want a drink even though I could, kind of lost the plot somewhere.  Failed miserably at the Reading meet but will try lager next time.

Thing is the less I drink the less I crave it, may help you in the long run.

I think your present position is to keep off booze altogether; difficult to know if down the line introducing a few drinks socially on occasions will lead to heavy drinking again. Only need to see how Krapow has coped to seeing the obvious benefits of not drinking.

I drive for a living so I don't drink before duty which means I don't drink at least 5 days out of 7 but recently I have found it difficult to drink when I have the opportunity. Maybe get a driving job, it might unexpectedly help.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same here, having cut down nearly completely on booze on leaving HKG, I dont "appreciate" it anymore.

20 days at the jungle house I had 10 large Bintangs, so around 1/2 per day. A year ago when arriving it was 2 or 3 plus 2 whisky.

I dont miss it, feel better, and save some money as well.

Anyway, couldn't go on as before considering my age.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

A damn good brew, had a few of those when Aldi were selling them dirt cheap.  They have recently been selling Boondoggle which is a good brew too although I usually don't do blonde beers.

It is my favourite beer.

The trick to enjoying it properly from a bottle is to pour it really fast, almost the exact opposite way you would normally. Takes a couple of goes and you have to wait till the head reduces but it is well worth it and nearly tastes like it came from a pump.

One of life's pleasures 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1