COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

3 hours ago, Esco said:

Spreading here in Holland too now, even in my city. 

Was only a matter of time, and not too concerned about myself but obviously am about bringing it home to the wee man. 

Will be avoiding public transport as much as possible and work from home as much as I can the coming week(s). 

Thankfully, so far at least, it seems to impact the elderly more. 

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

As far as I now know, there are at least three confirmed cases of re-infection.

How do they know it was a re-infection and not just a relapse, or they were not completely cured of the original infection? 

Experts say there are several ways discharged patients could fall ill with the virus again. Convalescing patients might not build up enough antibodies to develop immunity to SARS-CoV-2, and are being infected again. The virus also could be “biphasic”, meaning it lies dormant before creating new symptoms.

But some of the first cases of “reinfection” in China have been attributed to testing discrepancies.

On Feb. 21, a discharged patient in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu was readmitted 10 days after being discharged when a follow-up test came back positive.

Lei Xuezhong, the deputy director of the infectious diseases center at the West China Hospital, told People’s Daily that hospitals were testing nose and throat samples when deciding whether patients should be discharged, but new tests were finding the virus in the lower respiratory tract.

Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at Britain’s University of East Anglia who has been closely following the outbreak, told Reuters that although the patient in Osaka could have relapsed, it is also possible that the virus was still being released into her system from the initial infection, and she wasn’t tested properly before she was discharged.

source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-reinfection-explainer/explainer-coronavirus-reappears-in-discharged-patients-raising-questions-in-containment-fight-idUSKCN20M124

• Like 2

And now we have this....what's the next step ? Cull all dogs ?

"The collaboration between the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the city government came after the Hong Kong health authority made a strong appeal on Friday that dogs, cats or any other mammals kept as pets by infected patients be handed over to the government for quarantine."

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3053010/world-health-organisation-monitoring-hong-kong

One more point.

Despite the huge Chinese communities living in the US, London or Paris Chinatowns and the fact that sure there has been a lot of exchanges / travel between those and China in the last 2 months, not one case has been reported there ?

Them guys are smart... Keep quiete, stay under the radar ! 

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

One more point.

Despite the huge Chinese communities living in the US, London or Paris Chinatowns and the fact that sure there has been a lot of exchanges / travel between those and China in the last 2 months, not one case has been reported there ?

Them guys are smart... Keep quiete, stay under the radar ! 

had a chinese lady say to me yesterday,when helping her with her shopping trollies."i no go china 3 years" she was very worried I reckon,what my reaction was to her being chinese,me mate reckons I was just being nice hoping there would be a "quid quo pro":default_censored:

have they said what/how the virus got into that place in Italy yet?

regards

grayray

25 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

So France has banned meetings of more than 5000 people....so 4999 is ok?....bonkers.

Agreed. Anyway, cant see the point of any meeting ban.

I mean, in that case close every main railway or subway station. Then logically you should stop the trains running as well, considering the number of people packed close to each other in them.

And then close all major office buildings as well, etc etc etc...

Hence as I say all those bans are plain B.S. 

• Thumbs Up 2