COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

25 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Can anyone confirm along with the source whether the serving/drinking of alcohol is permitted in restaurants in "yellow" provinces"

I'm confused......

Chiang Mai authorities approve of full dine in and alcoholic beverage sales in all restaurants until 9:00 PM

This follows Phuket also easing restrictions today. Both provinces are designated “yellow zones” by the Thai government, based on several factors around Covid-19 risk set by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA. Yellow zones are allowed to sell alcohol at restaurants, however, provincial governors have to give the final approval. So far, not many provincial governors have chosen to do so, however, those with significant appeal to tourism like Phuket and Chiang Mai have.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Chiang Mai authorities approve of full dine in and alcoholic beverage sales in all restaurants until 9:00 PM

This follows Phuket also easing restrictions today. Both provinces are designated “yellow zones” by the Thai government, based on several factors around Covid-19 risk set by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA. Yellow zones are allowed to sell alcohol at restaurants, however, provincial governors have to give the final approval. So far, not many provincial governors have chosen to do so, however, those with significant appeal to tourism like Phuket and Chiang Mai have.

Thanks FBWY, i live in Nakhon Ratchasima which is a "yellow zone" but nothing is being said regarding the sale of alcohol in restaurants or anything about permitted hours extended to 11pm.

Its all so confusing.........perhaps that is the intention lol

My wife is saying there is a story on channel 3 today seemingly highlighting that any sandbox program in Phuket will require only those checking into a hotel being allowed to stay in that room during the sandbox quarantine even though customers can leave their rooms.

I suppose this may not be new but seems to try to ensure that single travelers don't use the lack of real quarantine restrictions to find a partner and head back to the room. Noticed this on another site:

You can only share your ASQ hotel room with your husband/wife and children, marriage certificates or proof of domestic partnership will need to be shown.

I think the initial flights are restricted anyway and UK travelers aren't allowed in just yet,

Think any liaisons will need to be done outside of any hotel which may be a logistical issue but I suppose where there is a will there is a way.

Apologies if this is not news, I am not really keeping up with Thailand quarantine laws.

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

My wife is saying there is a story on channel 3 today seemingly highlighting that any sandbox program in Phuket will require only those checking into a hotel being allowed to stay in that room during the sandbox quarantine even though customers can leave their rooms.

I suppose this may not be new but seems to try to ensure that single travelers don't use the lack of real quarantine restrictions to find a partner and head back to the room. Noticed this on another site:

You can only share your ASQ hotel room with your husband/wife and children, marriage certificates or proof of domestic partnership will need to be shown.

I think the initial flights are restricted anyway and UK travelers aren't allowed in just yet,

Think any liaisons will need to be done outside of any hotel which may be a logistical issue but I suppose where there is a will there is a way.

Apologies if this is not news, I am not really keeping up with Thailand quarantine laws.

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Well that's going to mess up the holiday plans for the pedos heading out to Phuket, lol!

204832871_357397862413150_766537261999374790_n.jpg

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

image.png

Lots of extra vaccine here in the US of A.

Come & get it.

. . .

99.2% of all COVID deaths in the US are among the unvaccinated, AP analysis shows

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-deaths-unvaccinated/507-c075296b-dd37-4fe7-aa22-e91718797d33

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

204832871_357397862413150_766537261999374790_n.jpg

Be interesting to see what the misinterpretation is as it looks pretty straight forward and logical to me.  Are they now going to come out and say that men can bring hookers into their room if they are single, that could be the new Thai interpretation I suppose to keep tourism coming.

Edited by Horizondave

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thai Embassy in London just posted this

FB_IMG_1624829926758.jpg

Just noticed what they said about children.

If this works, and they open it up more as is mooted, I'd potentially do this and stay in Bangkok for the 2 weeks before going elsewhere. 

Just had a look at prices for the 2 weeks, was expecting a wedge, but wasn't bad.

Hmmmmmm

Think i'll see how this pans out, it's only 4 days away.  But two weeks relaxing by a nice beach on Phuket before going elsewhere wouldn't be too bad ...

I wouldn't rush to make plans. We were recording around 2,000 new cases a day, give for take 500, for two months. Then we had a week of 3,000 cases a day. The last few days it's been around the 4,000 mark, and today we hit a new all-time high of 5,400 (prisons are recording few new cases now). On top of that, after announcing that all migrant workers camps in the Bangkok area would be quarantined for a month, a vast number of people left the capital for the countryside before they could be rounded up and penned in. That's going to spread the virus even faster and this is rapidly becoming a disaster. Nobody believes that there was "only" 5,400 new cases here yesterday, but nobody knows what the real number was either. I think in the next month things are going to go from bad to catastrophic here, though I seriously hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yea, as said, i'll see how it pans out.

But the rules for the 'sandbox' are much more simple and easy to meet, well, for me and the wife anyway. 

It's doable, though stuff like Thailand going Red on the UK list would complicate things ...

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, as said, i'll see how it pans out.

But the rules for the 'sandbox' are much more simple and easy to meet, well, for me and the wife anyway. 

It's doable, though stuff like Thailand going Red on the UK list would complicate things ...

I was sure Thailand was going to go RED at the last review which is why I brought my flight to the UK forward to the 9th June.

In retrospect it did not happen but it must have been mighty close!

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I was sure Thailand was going to go RED at the last review which is why I brought my flight to the UK forward to the 9th June.

In retrospect it did not happen but it must have been mighty close!

It's got to be close with all of the new cases rising so quickly.

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's got to be close with all of the new cases rising so quickly.

Well, to put it in perspective, Thailand has gone from 2,000 cases a day to around 5,000 (~4,500 announced today). Meanwhile, the UK has gone from around 2,000 cases a day to over 20,000, so if Thailand gets moved to the red list then the UK should presumably shut its own borders completely and, for the good of the world, not let anybody out, lol. The difference, of course, is that the vaccines are working better than anyone had dared to hope, with hardly anybody dying now and most new cases among the "young" (under 30's?). If only Thailand had spent the second half of 2020, when it was largely virus-free (or at least symptomatic case-free), ordering vaccines and arranging the rollout then the country could probably open up to tourism with a good degree of confidence in the near-future. Instead, the muppet who installed himself as PM talks about accepting a degree of risk associated with allowing tourism to resume. It's fine for him to talk about risk, he's had both jabs, and they weren't the Chinese rice water that he's deemed good enough for many of his countryfolk.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Well, to put it in perspective, Thailand has gone from 2,000 cases a day to around 5,000 (~4,500 announced today). Meanwhile, the UK has gone from around 2,000 cases a day to over 20,000, so if Thailand gets moved to the red list then the UK should presumably shut its own borders completely and, for the good of the world, not let anybody out, lol. The difference, of course, is that the vaccines are working better than anyone had dared to hope, with hardly anybody dying now and most new cases among the "young" (under 30's?). If only Thailand had spent the second half of 2020, when it was largely virus-free (or at least symptomatic case-free), ordering vaccines and arranging the rollout then the country could probably open up to tourism with a good degree of confidence in the near-future. Instead, the muppet who installed himself as PM talks about accepting a degree of risk associated with allowing tourism to resume. It's fine for him to talk about risk, he's had both jabs, and they weren't the Chinese rice water that he's deemed good enough for many of his countryfolk.

I think if you want to put it in perspective, the UK are testing over a million people a day, my bet is that the real figures in Thailand are at least 5 if not 10 times worse than what they are testing and recording.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I flew up from swampy to Udon yesterday after my ASQ. Check-in was a whole different ball game this time compared to December.

All paperwork double checked - COE, 4 PCR test results over the last 17 days, Insurance, letter from hotel, original boarding pass from LHR and Thailand Plus app installed on my phone.

Then have to scan a QR code and enter travel, personal and onward address details. This was arse ache as the app kept on crashing.

At Udon baggage reclaim again another check point where yet again all paperwork was asked for but in my case only the COE was scrutinized for vaccination details. Also passport checked and matched to the QR code details I filled in at swampy.

TBH aside from the hassle factor I was quite impressed with the level of control the authorities were attempting. There were Covid tests being carried out on other passengers but I didn't hang around to watch any outcomes.

Apparently on arrival at Ampoe Phen yesterday, all the passengers on the bus from Bangkok were tested and 8 positives were detected. 

Gossip from those in the know say the quarantine facility in Udon is full. Our village headman has been setting up a another facility at the new Udon uni campus near us (well about 5kms away) today. 

Edited by Smiler
  • Great Info 3

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

According to Pattaya Mail today. The Governor of Chonburi has announced an order banning alcohol sales in Pattaya between the hours of 8pm and 4am with immediate effect. 

That will help bring the numbers down,where do they get these clowns from,well least its not a lockdown.

• Like 2