COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

AI to the rescue

MIT Team's Cough Detector Identifies 97% of COVID-19 Cases Even in Asymptomatic People

https://www.sciencealert.com/ai-cough-analysis-could-detect-covid-19-even-if-you-re-asymptomatic

COVID-19 Artificial Intelligence Diagnosis using only Cough Recordings

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9208795

Results: When validated with subjects diagnosed using an official test, the model achieves COVID-19 sensitivity of 98.5% with a specificity of 94.2% (AUC: 0.97). For asymptomatic subjects it achieves sensitivity of 100% with a specificity of 83.2%. Conclusions: AI techniques can produce a free, non-invasive, real-time, any-time, instantly distributable, large-scale COVID-19 asymptomatic screening tool to augment current approaches in containing the spread of COVID-19. Practical use cases could be for daily screening of students, workers, and public as schools, jobs, and transport reopen, or for pool testing to quickly alert of outbreaks in groups.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

AI to the rescue

MIT Team's Cough Detector Identifies 97% of COVID-19 Cases Even in Asymptomatic People

https://www.sciencealert.com/ai-cough-analysis-could-detect-covid-19-even-if-you-re-asymptomatic

COVID-19 Artificial Intelligence Diagnosis using only Cough Recordings

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9208795

Results: When validated with subjects diagnosed using an official test, the model achieves COVID-19 sensitivity of 98.5% with a specificity of 94.2% (AUC: 0.97). For asymptomatic subjects it achieves sensitivity of 100% with a specificity of 83.2%. Conclusions: AI techniques can produce a free, non-invasive, real-time, any-time, instantly distributable, large-scale COVID-19 asymptomatic screening tool to augment current approaches in containing the spread of COVID-19. Practical use cases could be for daily screening of students, workers, and public as schools, jobs, and transport reopen, or for pool testing to quickly alert of outbreaks in groups.

They should take a look at Bob. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from M&S. Count the people on one hand in there. Shelves fully stocked and in and out in 10 minutes. 

They should have these lockdowns more often. 😀

That's good to hear, I am returning home from fishing tonight and half expected to find Tesco's barren. 

• Surprised 1

On 11/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." ~Malcolm X

"it's time to stop singin' and start swingin."

Malcom X

Edited by Kathmandu
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know a few people that have ‘long COVID’ and just can’t shake it. A couple of them are docs who caught it early doors back in March and they are still suffering now from simply being fatigued all the time, one of them his whole family got it and 3 of 5 of them are like that. So It’s not just the people who die from it, there are loads that will suffer long term because of this.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, roomark said:

Quick update then i'm done with it.

I had two tests altogether they both came back negative , the Mrs as you all know was positive.

She can go out as from today (the ten days isolation for positives start from the onset of symptoms) Me and the kids have to wait till Tuesday (14 days) 

She felt ill for just one day just really exhausted and aching. We have never seperated from each other and even carried on sleeping in the same bed.The kids are also unaffected.

So much for being so contagious even more so I believe we need to get on with it and shield the elderly (if they even want to) We really can't keep locking down for this bullshit i've seen worse colds.

I'm lucky enough to have a small gym / mancave and have been exercising in there most days for the past 4 days she has been doing 10k per day on the treadmill with the most dangerous virus in the world 🙄

I'm done .

If any of you are unlucky enough to get a positive don't worry too much , if you have underlying issues maybe take it easy .

Take it easy everyone .

Great news..and the benefits of staying fit says a lot 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

I know a few people that have ‘long COVID’ and just can’t shake it. A couple of them are docs who caught it early doors back in March and they are still suffering now from simply being fatigued all the time, one of them his whole family got it and 3 of 5 of them are like that. So It’s not just the people who die from it, there are loads that will suffer long term because of this.

There must be different strains (i'm no medic obviously) and I heard some bad stories at the beginning.

But it seems most people now that I know have been through exactly what just happened (still happening to me till Tuesday)

I feel sorry for the people who get it real bad , but there are a 100 people more that don't.

State of the world since March , it's just unreal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Great news..and the benefits of staying fit says a lot 

I think you are probably right and it can't harm .

If there is anyone on here who has to go through it though I wish them the best of luck.

All I know you couldn't do 10k a day with Stage 3 cancer or a dodgy heart etc etc , time for those people to get the help they really need.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, roomark said:

Quick update then i'm done with it.

I had two tests altogether they both came back negative , the Mrs as you all know was positive.

She can go out as from today (the ten days isolation for positives start from the onset of symptoms) Me and the kids have to wait till Tuesday (14 days) 

She felt ill for just one day just really exhausted and aching. We have never seperated from each other and even carried on sleeping in the same bed.The kids are also unaffected.

So much for being so contagious even more so I believe we need to get on with it and shield the elderly (if they even want to) We really can't keep locking down for this bullshit i've seen worse colds.

I'm lucky enough to have a small gym / mancave and have been exercising in there most days for the past 4 days she has been doing 10k per day on the treadmill with the most dangerous virus in the world 🙄

I'm done .

If any of you are unlucky enough to get a positive don't worry too much , if you have underlying issues maybe take it easy .

Take it easy everyone .

Glad ya all ok pal 

• Thanks 1

When the Covid drama starts to be overtaken by the US elections, luckily something new pops up so it can be pushed back to the front page .....

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/06/mink-and-coronavirus-whats-happened-and-should-we-be-worried

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-mink-denmark-cull-vaccine-b1641128.html%3famp

So, what will we be instructed to do ? Kill all the minks ? And next what ? The dogs, the cats .... 

S1 : Covid 1st wave

S2 : Covid 2nd wave

S3 : Covid and the animals 

😁😁😁😁😁😁

26 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

So, what will we be instructed to do ? Kill all the minks ? And next what ? The dogs, the cats .... 

The way things are going with the virus in France at the moment, there may be other suggestions, lol...

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

The way things are going with the virus in France at the moment, there may be other suggestions, lol...

Big debates going on on the lockdown / confinement / social distancing and mask things now.

And not by amateurs, but by senior professors  / head of departments at several main hospitals.

Plenty interviews available on Youtube, but only in French ....

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Big debates going on on the lockdown / confinement / social distancing and mask things now.

And not by amateurs, but by senior professors  / head of departments at several main hospitals.

Plenty interviews available on Youtube, but only in French ....

Well I take my hat off to your president in his stand against radical Islam. He may have kicked a hornets nest, and other leaders (like Boris) are cowering down behind the gunwales waiting to see what happens, but somebody needed to say it and I'm glad he's had the balls to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Well I take my hat off to your president in his stand against radical Islam. He may have kicked a hornets nest, and other leaders (like Boris) are cowering down behind the gunwales waiting to see what happens, but somebody needed to say it and I'm glad he's had the balls to do it.

Agreed, he is one of the very few that makes his position clear on the international scene on that subject.

I dont really like the Covid handling, but concerning the rest he is doing pretty good. Nato, Merkel, Turkey... he said what had to be said.

Ok, end of T.F. 

• Like 1

So 4000 deaths a day predicted by Boris and his 'experts' then?. 

His dossier is a as dodgy as Blairs Iraq one. 

Yesterday the chief executive of the Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust confirmed that in the county's main hospital there are just 7 patients with Coronavirus and only 3 of them in ICU. 

Yet a county of 565,000 people are in lockdown there. 

Insanity. 

• Like 5