What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Now that things have settled down for me a bit I'm trying to get back into more "routine" days. Just returned from my "basic" in da hood walk.

Chiang Mai

--------

Couple snaps from the sweet little park in the shadow of the condo I stay....

Then a few steps down the road to my favorite Wat on the Ping River. Snapped these birds fishing off the boat dock. Just after this shot one of those guys nicked a huge frog. Walked around for a bit with it in his mouth trying to decide what to do with. Finally decided to take a chance an gulped the sucker down. Hilarious to watch.

Then off to a near by small shopping center (Pantip Plaza) for a cool down and an iced green tea (easy on the sugar). 

Then around the corner to pick up some "take away" pies, roast beef and cheese.   

Now back at home enjoying some cold Chang's and watching the movie "Midway".  

Not a bad day, not a bad day at all. Hotter than f**k though.

park.jpg

park shadow.jpg

bird painting.jpg

hand.jpg

bird fishing.jpg

midway.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Back from a test ride of my new Suntour NCX Damping Suspension Seatpost. Wish I had tried this engineering marvel years ago. What a difference it makes in absorbing the small bumps in the road. Highly recommend even for casual riders. Takes some getting used to though as it feels like the seat is trying slow hump you as you ride. :default_biggrin:

P9030007.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Went to fill up my car for the first time after returning from holiday and was happily surprised to see that a litre of fuel has gone down by 30 pence.

I paid £1.59.9 today; the day I filled my car up before I left for Thailand (21July), I paid £1.89.9. 

Nice one

Hopefully energy costs will reduce by a similar %

• Thumbs Up 1

So last night I'm working my overnight security shift, parked at a local high school which is our worst spot for vandalism; I get out of the car to stretch my legs and have a quick piss in a quiet corner - and it is totally quiet at 0200 this morning. I get back in the car, fire it up and about thirty seconds later there is a BANG! just like a huge backfire, from the rear of the car - I look in the rearview mirror and the back window glass in this Toyota Yaris has completely shattered in place! Just then my cross shift co-worker calls for a regular check and we stay on the phone as I gingerly exit the car and start looking things over; there is no apparent sign of impact on the glass, and no evidence of any form of projectile around the car. I check the school roof with my flashlight and there's nobody around, the place is deserted. My coworker arrives to help me check the area more thoroughly and we patch the window with duct tape and cardboard which we always carry to do temporary fixes on smashed school windows, and I finish the shift with the back window all taped up so the glass doesn't fall out. Weird stuff - I've heard of car windows spontaneously destroying themselves in this manner - particularly on some SUV's - but in those cases it had something to do with rapid and significant temperature changes, this one just plain happened for no apparent reason. 

• Surprised 3

On 9/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, Horizondave said:

Went to fill up my car for the first time after returning from holiday and was happily surprised to see that a litre of fuel has gone down by 30 pence.

I paid £1.59.9 today; the day I filled my car up before I left for Thailand (21July), I paid £1.89.9. 

I was shocked to see the continued decline here in Montreal too. On my walk last night saw 162.9, so same as UK without the exchange! Worst it hit was $2.25 few months back, just ridiculous 

• Like 1

@maipenraiHappened to me in 2010 in Calgary in a fairly new VW Golf TDI. Extreme weather though, as you said. Was something like -32, in NOVEMBER. Had just done a lunch delivery, guess I don’t like the tip I received, closed the door to drive away, and BANG! Thought I was getting shot at. A local paint store was nice enough to give me a roll of plastic to fix it up. Wasn’t worth involving insurance, cost like $330 at a shop the next day…..Would hate to see how much it is now with shortages and inflation. Two days later, we were above zero C again….nuts. I looked online and it happens often on hatchbacks for no apparent reason…..I remember seeing stories in Colorado & NM, which don’t have bitter cold

You hear about that stabbing spree in SK? 10 dead, 15 others hurt, and they got very far South already to Regina. 
Crazy world…..hope they catch the bastards soon

Edited by Golfingboy

5 hours ago, maipenrai said:

So last night I'm working my overnight security shift, parked at a local high school which is our worst spot for vandalism; I get out of the car to stretch my legs and have a quick piss in a quiet corner - and it is totally quiet at 0200 this morning. I get back in the car, fire it up and about thirty seconds later there is a BANG! just like a huge backfire, from the rear of the car - I look in the rearview mirror and the back window glass in this Toyota Yaris has completely shattered in place! Just then my cross shift co-worker calls for a regular check and we stay on the phone as I gingerly exit the car and start looking things over; there is no apparent sign of impact on the glass, and no evidence of any form of projectile around the car. I check the school roof with my flashlight and there's nobody around, the place is deserted. My coworker arrives to help me check the area more thoroughly and we patch the window with duct tape and cardboard which we always carry to do temporary fixes on smashed school windows, and I finish the shift with the back window all taped up so the glass doesn't fall out. Weird stuff - I've heard of car windows spontaneously destroying themselves in this manner - particularly on some SUV's - but in those cases it had something to do with rapid and significant temperature changes, this one just plain happened for no apparent reason. 

I have heard of that before. Never experienced it though (and I spent a lot of time in hot cars).

Are you sure you weren't snipped ?

• Thumbs Up 1

After a bit of a performance I took my mother to a care home this morning....now all I need is for her to behave & I'll be on the Eva flight on Thursday🙏.

I was so euphoric on the way home I managed to hit the kerb of a traffic island & ended up fitting the space saver spare in a bust street....which of course was flat but luckily there was a petrol station nearby.Felt a right wanker😂.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Haha 1