The modern day Barfine question.

Butch

Right, where to start?.

Are girls getting barfined as much as they used to be nowadays?.

Let's take Walking St - I think they are, there's the customer base to pay for them and that's where the best girls are to be found. ST/ LT are all in abundance it appears, plenty of guys wandering around with a piece of candy on their arm. Soi 6 arguably the same.

But,

LK M / Diana / Treetown / Chaiyapoon ? - Maybe not so much. How many bars am I seeing on Vloggers rounds, or on my last trip where there are still plenty of girls there late at night. Chatting to a few of them, even the S/T BF's are thin on the ground and they tend to make most of their money on drinks. Same story for Soi 7 and 8.

as @Jambo mentioned elsewhere, too many bars chasing too few paying customers. I also don't think this years high season of Songkran etc is going to be a patch on the last "big" one that was post covid. Going by the Xmas period, places are going to struggle, but they still open new bars.

It just doesn't seem the same today as before, when you'd get into a beer bar, ask for a girl only to hear she's out on a Barfine for a week. I've not heard that in years.

Are the GC's supplying the release for a lot of guys so all they do in the evenings is have a few beers and head back home?.

What do you guys feel?.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Are the GC's supplying the release for a lot of guys so all they do in the evenings is have a few beers and head back home?."

That would be me most of the time. But it could be more that I've changed than what the BF situation might be at the bars now. I have a lady at home so don't want to run the risk of being seen transporting my BF to a ST room, even if it's close by.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

It has been a long time since I have paid a bf. I'm not saying I won't ever again, but just the way it's been.

Patts is obviously a bit different than most places.

Something I used to really enjoy was the spontaneous day time encounter. 

When I was livining in Central every now and then would see one coming into or out of the condo that would catch my fancy. Or even just getting on a baht bus. Strike up a quick hello and within seconds you'll know if it could go somewhere. Do a quick interview, and then make a decision. 

No fuss, no probelm, lickety split.... then continue on with your day.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Similar to a few guys here, can't remember the last time I paid a bar fine in Pattaya. In fact don't travel to Pattaya as much now although, if there, more likely to find me dark side meeting up with my mates. 

Even if I don't bar fine, I will still buy drinks and do enjoy the companionship of a lady sitting close. I actually like bar hopping, moving around and, maybe, it's just the same bullshit I have heard over the many years I have been in Thailand and visiting that sees my money getting more value outside of the girly scene.

I still like the atmosphere of being immersed in the bar area and clocking girls (mainly in Hua Hin) but, as I have said a few times before, my bed partners now are a cup of tea and a packet of Oreos.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

It has been a long time since I have paid a bf. I'm not saying I won't ever again, but just the way it's been.

When I was livining in Central every now and then would see one coming into or out of the condo that would catch my fancy. Or even just getting on a baht bus. Strike up a quick hello and within seconds you'll know if it could go somewhere. Do a quick interview, and then make a decision. 

No fuss, no probelm, lickety split.... then continue on with your day.

Been so long since my last trip, but I agree with you…In my case, I know I can skip the BF process just by approaching them on the street….A smile, a hello, speaking some Thai, and just being respectful and not pissed drunk goes a long way…..

Unfortunately, as I’ve said before, the bulk of my time there was as a very immature 32-33 year old binge drinker in holiday mode, missed out on a lot of good ladies because of it

Now unfortunately, for my next voyage, I wish the “blood flow down there” would have kept pace with said maturity….Sadly not pushing 50

• Sad 1

Back when I lived in Bangkok, I had what then blogger 'Wolfman' termed, "the rotation," i.e., five or so women who were on my current 'dance card.' That worked out well for awhile as you could always change the 'line up' when the need arises.  They weren't necessarily P4P (for me), and sometimes I'd get a late night "bootie call" as I was good company (and had a comfortable condo). 😉 

On trips since I ended my BKK residency I've mainly found fun with massage ladies. If they seemed pleasant at the shop, I'd maybe pay (the shop) so they could leave early for a night out for a meal, etc. Generally, I prefer to sleep alone as I get up early and head out for a walk, photo session, etc.

About the only time I'd pay a BF was for two women who had the hots for each other, and I was welcome to join in. Hard to get that back in the USA. 🙂

. . .

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

@lazarus Some of my best days were with massage ladies. Often if it was early enough of course the shop wanted an exit fee, which was fair. It was understood I wasn’t just taking them for dinner, but at the same time better experience than just straight BF a bargirl

Did the same thing on Soi 6, if I liked the lady why not make it longer than an hour ( or in my case 90 seconds) 

What I love about Pattaya is if you’re a gentleman about it, almost every gal is for the taking….The worst that can happen is she says no, but if you never ask, you’ll never know! 

But yes you have to know their boundaries…..Nice massage spot near WS in 2008, I missed out on a great time from a nice girl there, about 22, who just whispered “ here’s my #, can’t do anything here but can go loom, up to you”…..I had no local cellphone…Next year, visited a few more times, always 3+ hours per session, and it was obvious she was on the minority, those ladies were all rub, no tug. Although there was one single mom, amazing masseuse, I saw many times, and noticed she wasn’t exactly looking away when I showered between oil & Thai sessions…..I always wondered about her

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

[...]

I had no local cellphone…

I wouldn't have let that stop me, one international phone call wouldn't break the bank at that time (and is a lot cheaper now) and there was always SMS.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I wouldn't have let that stop me, one international phone call wouldn't break the bank at that time (and is a lot cheaper now) and there was always SMS.

15 years ago and I still regret it! She wasn’t the only # I got on my virgin trip

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say though the hunt instinct will always be in my blood. I still enjoy the fact that here, if you do run into a little mouth watering spinner that you just got to have, it can usually be done.

I reckon it's like the old joke. 

- Two bulls standing on a hillside looking down at the heifers. Young bull says let's run down there and fcuk one of them. The old bull says, lets walk down and fcuk em all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

All great answers and experiences, but as usual, I have to ruin the party I guess. Back in the day, I just got that buzz out of visiting various go go's,  especially the one's in Bangkok. I just DID NOT mind paying a bar fine at all. I looked at it like pretty much Thailand was my choice of destination for the last 10 years of my being a single guy. I knew the party could not last for ever, so I was NOT going to let anyone ruin it for me you know?  I rarely took any gals ST, it was LT or I just did not take them.  I do remember too that as a general rule, the bar fines were very reasonable back in the day. I was the classic 2 week Millionaire...loved every minute of it. No regrets for sure. Spent some " dosh" foolishly, but who cares? 

In today's world like Horizondave, I am happy to entertain friends who come here, have several coming back in June, buying LD's for a few gals and chatting it up with them...perhaps a few Thermae gals to take for a few hours  for the evening for drinks and music might be on tap this summer...we'll see. 

DSCN0062.JPG

Pretty fly for a white guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

About the only time I'd pay a BF was for two women who had the hots for each other, and I was welcome to join in. Hard to get that back in the USA. 🙂

. . .

Reminds me of a pair I had over several trips I called the suck n fuck sisters one was definitely more lesbian oriented ( you can work out which one that was ) she could suck the chrome of a tow ball

This was near 20 years ago I was staying at the rumachitt plaza sitting out side at the bar above thermal and my body was saying it's time to get to work and they hadn't scored and made me a offer I couldn't refuse  

Used to email them a week or so before arriving in bkk

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

46 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Back in the day on hols from the sandpit I'd barfine just so as not to waste a stiffy in the morning.

I still wake up with one...until I've had a piss.

• Haha 4