Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

2 hours ago, Washedup said:

Give us a clue 

Yes - taking decent photographs of food has always frustrated me.  When the front of the food is sharp the rear is often out of focus.   I don't know whether anyone noticed but the two dishes before the last one were sharp throughout the picture.  (Pork Chop, French Fries and Vegetables & Chicken Stir Fry.) The reason for that was that I had tried a process called focus stacking, which requires one to take several photographs of the subject where the focus is set to different points on the photograph; all the photographs are then blended together in Photoshop.  The last picture was an experiment to incorporate a number of different dishes into one photogrpahs and was made of nine photographs stacked and blended together. 

I hope this clarifies.😀

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

14 hours ago, john luke said:

Yes - taking decent photographs of food has always frustrated me.  When the front of the food is sharp the rear is often out of focus.   I don't know whether anyone noticed but the two dishes before the last one were sharp throughout the picture.  (Pork Chop, French Fries and Vegetables & Chicken Stir Fry.) The reason for that was that I had tried a process called focus stacking, which requires one to take several photographs of the subject where the focus is set to different points on the photograph; all the photographs are then blended together in Photoshop.  The last picture was an experiment to incorporate a number of different dishes into one photogrpahs and was made of nine photographs stacked and blended together. 

I hope this clarifies.😀

I am not a photography guy like yaself, but if I was fishing and wanted to make sure the background stayed in focus I would bang the F-stop up higher. Does that not work for food pics too?

Edited by boydeste

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I am not a photography guy like yaself, but if I was fishing and wanted to make sure the background stayed in focus I would bang the F-stop up higher. Does that not work for food pics too?

Yes it does, however nother important factor affecting depth of field is the distance between the camera and the subject. The shorter that distance, the smaller the depth of field. Have you ever tried to take a close-up shot of a flower or insect, but can’t get the entire subject in focus, even with a small aperture? This is because the closer you are to your subject, the shallower the DoF.

16 minutes ago, john luke said:

Yes it does, however nother important factor affecting depth of field is the distance between the camera and the subject. The shorter that distance, the smaller the depth of field. Have you ever tried to take a close-up shot of a flower or insect, but can’t get the entire subject in focus, even with a small aperture? This is because the closer you are to your subject, the shallower the DoF.

No, I have never had that problem.

Can't you take the pic from further away then crop the image?

Had this delivered from Kilkenny the other day. Superb roast lamb and only 175 baht. 
IMG20210207183701.thumb.jpg.accb52d62738092e9f735ca7b5984d06.jpg

I was with a few at the Rockhouse one Sunday and they went up to Kilkennys and had the lamb roast. All said it was good but weren’t pleased they didn’t have any desserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I was with a few at the Rockhouse one Sunday and they went up to Kilkennys and had the lamb roast. All said it was good but weren’t pleased they didn’t have any desserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No better dessert than an Irish coffee.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1