COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just now, Krapow said:

So it's 10 days then, something i was wondering. 

So worst case scenario if you got a positive, you'd have to do 10 days in hospital with the bill if insurance didn't pay?

That actually has me reassured a bit, if that's the absolute worse, well, unless you got really sick with it, but that could happen anywhere and insurance would pay for that.

I'm more likely to take a chance and come now .....and happy for you that the Smilers and out and smiling!

I see no benefit in being in hospital for 10 days with family.  Maybe on my own I would take a chance of travel but I really wouldn't want to be a family (including a 6 year old) having the experience of being hospitalised. I don't think my daughter would be happy to be isolated in a room possibly alone from family.

Maybe if Smiler does add to this thread or new topic I would really like to know what is the actual reality of what quarantine in hospital is all about and whether the isolation is as a family or separately.

When my wife went to Thailand a year ago she had a raised temperature at the airport check point and was sent to a hospital for two days before tests showed all she had was a temperature and no covid. She hated the room, the treatment, the lack of compassion, lack of comfort and awful food and that was just for two days. 

I really wouldn't want my holiday to start off with that possible outcome, just not worth it for us. 

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

I see no benefit in being in hospital for 10 days with family.  Maybe on my own I would take a chance of travel but I really wouldn't want to be a family (including a 6 year old) having the experience of being hospitalised. I don't think my daughter would be happy to be isolated in a room possibly alone from family.

Maybe if Smiler does add to this thread or new topic I would really like to know what is the actual reality of what quarantine in hospital is all about and whether the isolation is as a family or separately.

When my wife went to Thailand a year ago she had a raised temperature at the airport check point and was sent to a hospital for two days before tests showed all she had was a temperature and no covid. She hated the room, the treatment, the lack of compassion, lack of comfort and awful food and that was just for two days. 

I really wouldn't want my holiday to start off with that possible outcome, just not worth it for us. 

No one would see any benefit of being in a hospital for 10 days, Dave.

It's weighing up risks and potential worse case scenarios. 

Just now, Krapow said:

No one would see any benefit of being in a hospital for 10 days, Dave.

It's weighing up risks and potential worse case scenarios. 

I can only see my wife taking a chance if needing to get back to family urgently but as a family ourselves I wouldn't take the chance.  It is just everything involved as well in the hoops to jump through in advance of travel.

I can see why single guys with no family or ties to the UK (or other country) might make the trip but there are plenty of other places that probably won't offer such a headache when booking a holiday for a family.

Just now, Horizondave said:

I can only see my wife taking a chance if needing to get back to family urgently but as a family ourselves I wouldn't take the chance.  It is just everything involved as well in the hoops to jump through in advance of travel.

I can see why single guys with no family or ties to the UK (or other country) might make the trip but there are plenty of other places that probably won't offer such a headache when booking a holiday for a family.

I hear yea. 

As said, i'm just weighing up risks and potential worse case scenarios, one of which was if there was a positive or contact, which seems to have been answered. 

If alone, i think i'd definitely take the chance, i know quite a few board members who have arrived in Thailand in the last week or so, all not problems, some who post, some not.

Just pondering ...

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So it's 10 days then, something i was wondering. 

So worst case scenario if you got a positive, you'd have to do 10 days in hospital with the bill if insurance didn't pay?

That actually has me reassured a bit, if that's the absolute worse, well, unless you got really sick with it, but that could happen anywhere and insurance would pay for that.

I'm more likely to take a chance and come now .....and happy for you that the Smilers and out and smiling!

Make sure your insurance will cover you for a hospital stay if asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. Some will not pay as they deem such cases as not requiring hospitalization.

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Make sure your insurance will cover you for a hospital stay if asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. Some will not pay as they deem such cases as not requiring hospitalization.

Yes, that would be essential!

16 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I hear yea. 

As said, i'm just weighing up risks and potential worse case scenarios, one of which was if there was a positive or contact, which seems to have been answered. 

If alone, i think i'd definitely take the chance, i know quite a few board members who have arrived in Thailand in the last week or so, all not problems, some who post, some not.

Just pondering ...

I really want to go to Thailand next summer for about 5 weeks and on BA as I have a £960 voucher still to use but presently looks like it might be a 2 week holiday in Europe (again depending on the state of covid in Europe)

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

No

No

Thanks Dave. 

Mods let me know if you want me to make a separate thread regarding my experience or add to an existing one.

Will do my best to put something together over the next couple of days.

Yes would be good.  Thanks.  JL

42 minutes ago, fforest said:

Nightclubs warn Covid passports will have 'devastating' impact

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59579503

New rules requiring people to have Covid passports to enter nightclubs in England will have a "devastating impact", the industry has said.

Vested interests - to quote Mandy Rice Davis, they would say that wouldn’t they.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Nightclubs warn Covid passports will have 'devastating' impact

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59579503

New rules requiring people to have Covid passports to enter nightclubs in England will have a "devastating impact", the industry has said.

It might if the majority of nightclubers are unvaccinated or untested. 

All nightclubs have security working the doors for admission and have done for many years in the UK. They check for age verification (valid ID) and some even have a dress code. No doubt, entry may be a slower process, but if they up their bar prices by a small percentage, that would cover extra security staff, who are paid by the hour.

It does not mean that they will close. In addition, patrons should make sure they are covered for entry and book early. Nightclubs are a superspreader environment, that cannot be denied. 

I don't really have any issues so much with Plan B but I do have an issue with a government who's leaders and Ministers flaunt the rules that they are imposing on the general public

Unfortunately, the recent scandal of Number 10 parties last Christmas, may encourage others to do the same, and are counter productive. 

Everyone wants the best Christmas possible this year, but that actually means exercising some common sense and responsibility. 

There is no doubt that there will be an increase in Covid spread during the festive season. But does the price come later? We will have to wait and see and also wait and see whether new strain leads to a dramatic rise in hospitalisation and death or whether it will attack the current Delta variant and produce milder symptoms? 

Can we afford to guess at this stage? 

Good news, is NO Lockdown this year. Shops, pubs, businesses and restaurants remain open for business. 

From a personal point of view, Plan B or whatever its called, will have no impact on me, as I doubt if I shall be doing much clubbing (but if I did, I have a Covid Pass), I wear face protection in shops and public transport anyway and I work from home when I need to and I am fully vaccinated for the time being. 

I realise that it's not the same for everyone

• Like 4

Right, i've had enough of this nonsense now, i'm thinking starting up a vigilante group to hunt down and lynch the unvaccinated, put an end to this debacle one and for all.

Who's with me?

warriors-come-out-to-play-the-warriors.gif.dfa415ddf3e06b266de0c3e933bf1851.gif

Edited by Krapow

47 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Seems that Thai Airways have banned the use of face masks with ventilation valves on their flights. This also applies to internal domestic flights by all other airlines, as these types of masks have been banned for use on internal flights by the Thai government. 
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/plan/travel_information/making-your-travels-safer.page

Good idea those ventilator masks are dangerous....

These stupid blue masks are so much better....They offer about zero protection but are perfect for covid theater.....

Some face masks contain dangerous levels of toxic chemicals | Metro News

10 hours ago, roobob said:

Dear oh dear me.... the vaccinators will like this.....555.

This will probably be the next mandatory thing from Fauci for all to wear.

What a load of rubbish.... the world has lost it's mind.

cheers

Face mask GLOWS in the dark when it detects Covid-19 in your breath (msn.com) 

Complains about lockdowns.

Complains about isolating.

Complains about vaccinations.

All of which could be alleviated with a low cost self administered home test for Covid.

So complains about the attempts to develop a low cost self administered home test for Covid.