COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Oil May futures expiry date.... + oil storage getting full + demand crashing with no quick recovery in sight + everybody still pumping as mad..

I’m still pumping like mad, I’ll let you know when the well runs dry. 😉

A few other interesting numbers from France.

Again, as I have said since the beginning the only numbers I consider reliable and comparable between countries is the variation in the total number of death per day / week / month compared to previous year(s).

Here are the figures from INSEE . To know who / what is INSEE search on here. https://www.insee.fr/en/accueil

Unfortunately the English version doesn't cover all the domains, so for those who can read French or read charts see the french version

https://www.insee.fr/fr/information/4470857

I consider all their numbers very reliable, from GDP, inflation, population etc....

Now the figures are always 1 or 2 weeks behind, normal time to collect and proceed the data .

Daily global deaths 2018 / 2019 /2020 :

Image 1.jpg

Evolution of deaths compared to 2019 / 2019. Clearly an important increase starting mid March 2020

Image 2.jpg

Even more interesting is the variation per department. We can see HUGE differences. The bleu ones are the ones with no variation or negative variation. One will note that it are mostly rural areas  Image 3.jpg

This is also very visible on the tables here under showing the evolution per department for the period 01/03/20 to 06/04/20 compared to the same period in 2019 :

Image 4.jpg

Image 4.jpg

The worst department had an increase of 143 % over this period :

Image 6.jpg

So clearly there will be a lot of research and analysis to be done later to try to explain those huge variations. 

Globally there has been no breakdown of the medical system. But the regions have worked together, meaning sick people from the worst hit region have been transfered to less infected regions by plane and train, to avoid the overflow of hospital in the "red" regions.

No long blablabla, no Youtube scientific "explanation", just numbers.....  I have learned since long that you can't beat mathematics. 

Image 5.jpg

6 hours ago, KWA said:

For those who were squeezing the airlines for refunds, here is what has happened to one.  If it doesn't find a buyer it'll leave Australia overly reliant on Qantas, who will no doubt increase prices without Virgin providing competition.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52363428

I read about that yesterday, going into administration owing $5.4Billion, had a profit 2 years out the past 10. It would be interesting to see the money that went out the past 5 year or so to the 90% of the foreign investors, investors who could have bailed them out themselves if they wanted to. Fair play to the Australian government knocking them back

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

24 minutes ago, fforest said:

So Thai Spice in a nutshell what do you make of the numbers you posted?

Difficult to say. They update it every week, I follow it and read what they say.

TBH, i am a bit at loss with the enormous differences between regions.

And you cant even say its the big cities that are hit hardest, as Lyon and Marseille are not at the top.

This is a must watch. 

Sums up exactly my thoughts.

No doubt some of the social distancing measures have saved lives. But the hysterical over reaction is well out of proportion to the actual threat posed. Somebody playing a round of golf is not going to kill anyone with Coronavirus!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is a must watch. 

No doubt some of the social distancing measures have saved lives. But the hysterical over reaction is well out of proportion to the actual threat posed. Somebody playing a round of golf is not going to kill anyone with Coronavirus!

Or fishing on a boat, or sunbathing in the desert, can't buy vegetable seeds ,, etc.  ( lol ) .... some of the Nazi restrictions put upon people in some cities in the States -- just blow my mind ..

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is a must watch. 

Bolt. Says now we have to believe the Chinese.

14 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is a must watch. 

I think this video highlights how a vocal minority that are risk averse have been imposing their own fears on the majority. We would rightly be arguing against those that are risk takers if they were imposing their will on everyone.

In an ideal world we would have a more intelligent, measured response to fighting the pandemic, with a clearly defined exit strategy for returning to some semblance of a normal life once the situation stabilizes. Sadly that reality is in an alternate universe we can only fantasize about.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is a must watch. 

There is a lot more to all this...But I agree 100% with what he said... 

Edited by fforest

33 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I think this video highlights how a vocal minority that are risk averse have been imposing their own fears on the majority. We would rightly be arguing against those that are risk takers if they were imposing their will on everyone.

In an ideal world we would have a more intelligent, measured response to fighting the pandemic, with a clearly defined exit strategy for returning to some semblance of a normal life once the situation stabilizes. Sadly that reality is in an alternate universe we can only fantasize about.

If you don't agree with the lockdown measures then you are an evil granny killing conspiracy theorist. That is the height of the debate here.

57 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Or fishing on a boat, or sunbathing in the desert, can't buy vegetable seeds ,, etc.  ( lol ) .... some of the Nazi restrictions put upon people in some cities in the States -- just blow my mind ..

Charlie don't surf.

93109017_10158709215595931_6032759640041717760_n.jpg

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

No it isn't, if there is social distancing. 

Neither is going for a picnic with your family, or going fishing, sunbathing in the desert with your family, if you're observing the social distancing.

But that's not what was happening, at least not in the UK. The Government asked people to observe social distancing, and what happened. Local beauty spots were inundated with unprecedented crowds of people not observing social distancing one bit. The pics of Snowdonia etc, all the pics and news reports of the local spots. The locals at these places even started closing off roads, putting up barricades etc, to stop people coming. People basically were acting like dickheads at these places not observing what the Government has asked them to do.

And what happened then, there was uproar, Politicians from all parties, the public, journalists, people that lived at these beauty spots, everyone was screaming at the Government to implement a full lockdown, so they relented and did. 

This is yet another dammed if they do, dammed if they don't IMO.

*Caveat - Nothing would please me more if the lockdown was ended ASAP, and the numbers are showing hopefully that will be soon. I'm just saying what happened, how we got to the lockdown stage. And to be honest, our lockdown in the UK was f**k all compared to Spain, Italy, China etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

If you don't agree with the lockdown measures then you are an evil granny killing conspiracy theorist. That is the height of the debate here.

Utter nonsense!

No one mentioned Grannies …………………...as yet 😁

CCCnChhttps://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380China have announced their new rDunno why ange of meat free snacks called Not Poodleina have announced their new range of meat free snacks called Not PoodleChina have announced their new range of meat free snacks called Not Poodle

Edited by coxyhog

On 4/21/2020 at 10:53 PM, coxyhog said:

CCCnChhttps://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380China have announced their new rDunno why ange of meat free snacks called Not Poodleina have announced their new range of meat free snacks called Not PoodleChina hced their new range of meat fsnacks called Not Poodle

Edited by fforest

Here in Holland the "intelligent lockdown" has been extended until May 20th for adults while kids are allowed to go to school and play sports again. All major events including football been canceled until September. 

I expect we'll gradually see more disobedience as people are getting fed up with the draconian measures. 

• Thumbs Up 1