What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Thanks for putting up your “unique invitation code” it worked fine. 
I’m now the proud possessor of not one, but two State Pensions. 

Ain’t life good. 🤣

Don`t mention it Don🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunDon said:

“Manual intervention”?

Did you cut the gum open yourself or just yank the bugger out?

🥴

They wanted to do a full extract of the tooth. a large molar in the bottom of the mouth, but that would have incurred a 48 hours minimum rest before I could fly.

The surgeon in the hospital cut the gum open adjacent to the infected tooth, then inserted a large needle on the end of a big shringe and sucked out as much poison/puss that he could get out whilst squeezing my jaw. This was the only option where he would give me a medical certificate that gave me permission to fly the next day! This also gave me the option to keep the tooth if it all worked out OK.

He also sent the removed fluid to the lab for analysis and will email me the results when they are back, this should allow my doctor/dentist to adjust my antibiotic to suit if needed.

I am home now and the swelling appears to be reducing so hopefully it will all work out OK.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They wanted to do a full extract of the tooth. a large molar in the bottom of the mouth, but that would have incurred a 48 hours minimum rest before I could fly.

The surgeon in the hospital cut the gum open adjacent to the infected tooth, then inserted a large needle on the end of a big shringe and sucked out as much poison/puss that he could get out whilst squeezing my jaw. This was the only option where he would give me a medical certificate that gave me permission to fly the next day! This also gave me the option to keep the tooth if it all worked out OK.

He also sent the removed fluid to the lab for analysis and will email me the results when they are back, this should allow my doctor/dentist to adjust my antibiotic to suit if needed.

I am home now and the swelling appears to be reducing so hopefully it will all work out OK.

Well done mate. Needs must when the Devil 👿 calls. 
Hope you’re well enough to fly. 

Good luck. 👍

6 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Teaching my son how to bake bread. 
Turned out surprisingly well for his first attempt. 

Well done son, I’m proud of you. 🤗

0FCD7A50-56E3-4AC6-BCC6-301F7A71E27D.jpeg

9E44007E-208D-4DC0-A695-3C3FEE571D4F.jpeg

6278C38D-68CF-4F48-B799-ABC03D82C0A4.jpeg

I made it home ok thank you,

BTW are you aware your reflection is in the first picture?

44 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I made it home ok thank you,

BTW are you aware your reflection is in the first picture?

Yes mate, I’m the fat, ugly, grey haired,  bespectacled old fart, reflected in the oven door. 
Everyone should have their picture up in lights at least once in their lives, this is mine. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

Yes mate, I’m the fat, ugly, grey haired,  bespectacled old fart, reflected in the oven door. 
Everyone should have their picture up in lights at least once in their lives, this is mine. 🤣

That's cool, as long as you are aware!  :default_good:

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Teaching my son how to bake bread. 
Turned out surprisingly well for his first attempt. 

Well done son, I’m proud of you. 🤗

0FCD7A50-56E3-4AC6-BCC6-301F7A71E27D.jpeg

9E44007E-208D-4DC0-A695-3C3FEE571D4F.jpeg

6278C38D-68CF-4F48-B799-ABC03D82C0A4.jpeg

Looks good. Nice bit of butter and down the hatch 

8 hours ago, Painter said:

Wondering if, having read the news, I'm doing the right thing returning to the UK rather than staying in Thailand....

You are doing the right thing. I would rather trust the medical facilities in the UK and other first world countries than those in Thailand, unless you have lots of money to get treated at a private hospital in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Painter said:

Wondering if, having read the news, I'm doing the right thing returning to the UK rather than staying in Thailand....

Get home mate...Emirates stopping all commercial flights on the 25th March (Wednesday)...not much chance of visa run as SEA countries closing borders,

Also consider your Health and travel insurance and your home insurance in UK.

Get home.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thinking about how much I can stir up work over allowing this arrogant ( censored) scumbag that is allowing his family that needs to isolate to live in his apartment while he's putting over 800 fellow employees at risk 

Even if he doesn't infect any one ,if he catches it they we will be shut down

8 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Thinking about how much I can stir up work over allowing this arrogant ( censored) scumbag that is allowing his family that needs to isolate to live in his apartment while he's putting over 800 fellow employees at risk 

Even if he doesn't infect any one ,if he catches it they we will be shut down

I thought you were going to report him to the authorities on Friday ... if you know he is flouting the isolation rules , then just do it ...

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I thought you were going to report him to the authorities on Friday ... if you know he is flouting the isolation rules , then just do it ...

I did on Thursday night to the company hr department and they let him work on Saturday after he picked them up on Friday 

If I go official to govt department I risk loosing my job my bosses have a reputation for vindictiveness when crossed or shown up

15 hours ago, Painter said:

Definitely not (well I chose the other route so I would say that :)).

Supplies seem better over here.  I have 90 day travel insurance which covers Covid-19 as it was taken out before it was declared a pandemic, and my visa status means I can buy local health insurance for around 2,000 baht per month if it comes to the stage my 90 days is over.

My phone told me this morning the temp at home was 1 degrees C while it was 27 in Pattaya at the time.  Songkran is cancelled (I'm more 50/50 about that) and my local restaurant is still open.

The only good reason to be in the UK at the moment is there's less chance of running out of water, and that's not enough to swing the balance by a long way.

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

Definitely not (well I chose the other route so I would say that :)).

Supplies seem better over here.  I have 90 day travel insurance which covers Covid-19 as it was taken out before it was declared a pandemic, and my visa status means I can buy local health insurance for around 2,000 baht per month if it comes to the stage my 90 days is over.

My phone told me this morning the temp at home was 1 degrees C while it was 27 in Pattaya at the time.  Songkran is cancelled (I'm more 50/50 about that) and my local restaurant is still open.

The only good reason to be in the UK at the moment is there's less chance of running out of water, and that's not enough to swing the balance by a long way.

If I'm bumped off my rebooked flight I think I'm happy to stay for all the reasons you say, although my Visa is an issue... all I hear is the doom and gloom from the UK, and it's making me nervous about returning, but spoke to some great friends last night who put a few things right. 

Anyway, I'll know I'm a couple of days time...

2 hours ago, Painter said:

If I'm bumped off my rebooked flight I think I'm happy to stay for all the reasons you say, although my Visa is an issue... all I hear is the doom and gloom from the UK, and it's making me nervous about returning, but spoke to some great friends last night who put a few things right. 

Anyway, I'll know I'm a couple of days time...

There are many in your situation in regards to risking overstaying their visa. Looks like the Thai officials are willing to help out those in that situation.

Thai tourism minister plans help for tourists stranded and worried about overstaying visas

Minister Phiphat told the Bangkok Post that he is going to discuss the matter with the Interior Ministry and Immigration Bureau. He says he plans to seek a temporary reprieve for these tourists as well as visa extensions for those whose countries have been affected. He will also ask the authorities not to blacklist overstayers.

Edited to add: Just saw this posted on PA.
6D9B44A3-7F13-41F9-B6BB-D0903DB1EB36.thumb.jpeg.51f9c0bbf0defac6795a47a11d3cd80c.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

There are many in your situation in regards to risking overstaying their visa. Looks like the Thai officials are willing to help out those in that situation.

Thai tourism minister plans help for tourists stranded and worried about overstaying visas

Minister Phiphat told the Bangkok Post that he is going to discuss the matter with the Interior Ministry and Immigration Bureau. He says he plans to seek a temporary reprieve for these tourists as well as visa extensions for those whose countries have been affected. He will also ask the authorities not to blacklist overstayers.

I also saw a link to a British embassy page saying requirements for them to issue the required letter, so yes, plans are in place. Still hoping I'm not going to need them...!

11 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Didn't know Papst was popular up there. Or is that was all that was available? 

PBR’s are very much popular up here.

I like to change it up every now and then.

Plus,they come in a 40 pack.😁😁

• Thumbs Up 1