What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 2/24/2022 at 1:24 AM, Krapow said:

As long as everyone is wearing their masks, and the Russians have up to date vaccine passports for the border ...

Not much different from the US Border with Mexico! But these invaders are not vaccinated.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Gave up for the day on the garden canopy. At 8:30 it's already too hot to do the tedious work of keeping the mesh lined up and square as I tie it down to the stringers and support wires.

P2280002.jpg

We've just lopped off 2 metres off a tree by my gate, leaving about 1 metre. I found a bit of wood lying around on a bit of wasteland spent 10 baht on nails and I've now got a hand rail alongside my steps...nailed into the remaining trunk...

Then I realised that the tree was my cat's exit route from the roof...He is looking bewildered...

You'd piss yourself laughing at how much of my "patio" is held together with 2" nails and string ....true Thai style!!

I've just had a very bloody & painful visit to a dental hygienist,my own stupid fault for leaving it so long after my last check-up.

But I remember back in the day when they used to give you a bottle of stout after giving blood so at 4pm when I'm due to be playing my neighbour at snooker I'm going to be drinking lots of Guinness😎.

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Put my CV on the Internet but in no rush to get back working, got time now to look for something I really like the look of. Don't want too long off and get lazy. Plenty of work out there for warehouse /Forklift drivers and most paying more than I've been on. 

A Bros reunion on the cards?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I've just had a very bloody & painful visit to a dental hygienist,my own stupid fault for leaving it so long after my last check-up.

But I remember back in the day when they used to give you a bottle of stout after giving blood so at 4pm when I'm due to be playing my neighbour at snooker I'm going to be drinking lots of Guinness😎.

How often do you go mate?

To the dentist or to snooker?😂

Last visit to the dentist was around 4-5 years ago.I had no problems with my teeth but my gums were bleeding every time I brushed them so had an appointment with the dentist about 3 months ago & hence the hygienist a month later.

The plaque build up was pretty bad so had another session today then I've another in 3 months time.After that it'll be 6 monthly.

At 68 I've still got most of my teeth & I want to keep them for as long as possible.

As for the snooker I usually play 1-2 times a week but I'm not a lot of good at it,just enjoy it & we have a good laugh.

& a good drink!

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

To the dentist or to snooker?😂

Last visit to the dentist was around 4-5 years ago.I had no problems with my teeth but my gums were bleeding every time I brushed them so had an appointment with the dentist about 3 months ago & hence the hygienist a month later.

The plaque build up was pretty bad so had another session today then I've another in 3 months time.After that it'll be 6 monthly.

At 68 I've still got most of my teeth & I want to keep them for as long as possible.

As for the snooker I usually play 1-2 times a week but I'm not a lot of good at it,just enjoy it & we have a good laugh.

& a good drink!

The Dental hygienist. 

Aye, i go every 6 months, sore, painfully and financially, but like you i want to keep my teeth as long as i can.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just got up for my final day at work. Hard to believe after 19 years and 2 months it's all over. Last 2 weeks we have been palletising all the stock and shipping it to the new warehouse in Coventry. Not much left now so a couple of people are staying on a week or two to finish up. 

Checked the Internet banking and my final salary and redundancy payment has been made. Not everyday you wake up to a nice fat 5 figure sum in your balance. 🤣

Put my CV on the Internet but in no rush to get back working, got time now to look for something I really like the look of. Don't want too long off and get lazy. Plenty of work out there for warehouse /Forklift drivers and most paying more than I've been on. 

Would of had a nice bottle of single malt and champagne indoors to celebrate but have 4 can's of alcohol free Punk IPA in the fridge instead. 🤣

The future starts tomorrow. 👍

Best wishes for the future mate.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkiaAlan, well done, enjoy some time off. 

Come to "Amelika" and will take you over to see some gals at the Viet Coffee Shops...

With the cool British accent you have, you can tell them you used to be lead Guitarist for "Motorhead" LOL! 

DSCN1545.JPG..jpg

I have mate in Saigon (US white guy) that has lived there for 25 years and speaks fluent Vietnamese. Along with the Barber Shops they have restaurants with girls (waitresses) like in your photo.  If you like the girl you can invite them to drink and eat with you. Depending on your negotiating skills you can do take out. But most don't speak English.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkiaAlan, well done, enjoy some time off. 

Come to "Amelika" and will take you over to see some gals at the Viet Coffee Shops...

With the cool British accent you have, you can tell them you used to be lead Guitarist for "Motorhead" LOL! 

DSCN1545.JPG..jpg

It's a tempting offer, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to come back home. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just finished the bulk of the work on the garden shade canopy. The join of the two netting panels needs to be cleaned up. Have to decide if I'll use cable ties or find myself a fish net making needle and sew the two panels together.
P3020011.jpg

One mistake I'll need to fix is the 1mm wire stringers. In hindsight I should have put turnbuckle tensioners on the stringers as well as the support wires. Once the netting was up and pulled taught, that introduced enough slack in the stringers that they're all sagging now.

In the end, they may not be needed at all as it appears the 1m spacing of the support wires is enough to keep the mesh netting from sagging.
P3020013.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just finished the bulk of the work on the garden shade canopy. The join of the two netting panels needs to be cleaned up. Have to decide if I'll use cable ties or find myself a fish net making needle and sew the two panels together.
P3020011.jpg

One mistake I'll need to fix is the 1mm wire stringers. In hindsight I should have put turnbuckle tensioners on the stringers as well as the support wires. Once the netting was up and pulled taught, that introduced enough slack in the stringers that they're all sagging now.

In the end, they may not be needed at all as it appears the 1m spacing of the support wires is enough to keep the mesh netting from sagging.
P3020013.jpg

Beautiful!

It makes all that effort worthwhile !

• Thanks 1

Put the finishing touches on the garden canopy. Ended up sewing the two panels together using construction monofilament line and a curved needle. Also tidied up the ends where I had to cut excess netting off by sewing the ragged ends around the support wire.

P3030001.jpg

After all that work to sew the panels together, took a step back to admire my handy work and had an oh shit moment. Wish I had overlapped the panels the other way so the small gaps weren't visible when looking at the canopy from the front door. Not going to redo that sew job as the easier solution is more beer to the point I won't care. :default_drink:

P3030002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1