What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Nothing wrong I expect as I have had other tests over the last 2 years with all good results, this is just a follow up from an initial request consultancy2 years ago that I decided was better to have than cancel. Just annoying the unhealthy foods and drink will need to wait till after 1000 am tomorrow. 

Good luck with that. We hear that the liver has good healing capabilities, but always good to get some test results.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just landed in ams,charging phone up once 100% ,dump backpack in locker and make my way into city ,connecting flight not till 9pm,walk around red light area afternoon I think,few beers a spliff will help me sleep away the 10 hour flight hopefully.

An offshore diver it seems....

41 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Good luck with that. We hear that the liver has good healing capabilities, but always good to get some test results.

Haven't had a drink for a week and keeping down on fats, actually lost some weight. Even been drinking mostly green tea. Tomorrow is a different day for food and drink options after 1000 a.m.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Haven't had a drink for a week and keeping down on fats, actually lost some weight. Even been drinking mostly green tea. Tomorrow is a different day for food and drink options after 1000 a.m.

I think we all struggle with calorie intake and lifestyle - i do.

My recent success has been from no beer, then transitioning onto beer at weekends only. Plus generally small food portions (which I guess translates into "normal" food portions")

My advice, for what it's worth, is small bowls and plates. After a while a huge western restaurant plate of grub makes you feel a bit sick (but can eat if washed down with a couple of pints or 4)

7 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

I wish,then again I don't know many divers my age,muff divers aye.

Spliff made me think diver. You mentioned rig not platform, i guess you're drilling so enjoy a well deserved rest in Pattaya. I've just booked my flight so will be fully relaxed soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw a parts truck deal I couldn't resist the other day, and had to get my truck and trailer out of winter mothballs to retrieve it yesterday - had already cancelled my liability insurance for the winter but this wreck was so close to home it was worth the risk:

rsz_img_1772.jpg

Now it's stashed out of the way of snow removal in my yard and I'm not even going to touch it until spring:

rsz_img_1774.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup!

I'm looking at Travel Insurance for UK that includes getting my body repatriated to Thailand if I die on holiday. It has nothing to do with any religious bollicks. I don't want to snuff it in UK, and dump a massive Bill on my sons' laps.. Getting burnt at Watdamsamakee is a fraction of Funeral/Burial costs in UK ...

I have no idea if @tommy deeread my post quoted above but he has an excellent video on YT regarding snuffing it here.

I have sent a question to the organisation in the video to "merge" the subjects together.

Thanks @tommy dee

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have no idea if @tommy deeread my post quoted above but he has an excellent video on YT regarding snuffing it here.

I have sent a question to the organisation in the video to "merge" the subjects together.

Thanks @tommy dee

sorry I was dredging the fishpond and getting soaked in fish Pooh.. thanks for posting that.  AMAR is a great group, both are friends of mine long time.  I have a pre paid package so can decide how I am roasted.  I like the system here, and the cost in the UK is ludicrous, something I have told both my offspring to avoid for me.  

the scary bit, in the video too, is how so many families in the Uk are not interested in their father, brother etc who ran away to thailand and died.  they dont want to help with costs at all.  and who wants a paupers burial when its v cheap here.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

I like the system here, and the cost in the UK is ludicrous, something I have told both my offspring to avoid for me. 

Yes mate, that is why I am investigating repatriation of my body to Thailand if I die on holiday there next year (A situation that wasn't discussed in your interview - only t'other way round). My starting point was Macallans from your earlier video. I am hoping to get everything under one policy, with one contact number for my sons and a cheap charlie cremation at Wat Damsamakee..

I'll give feedback later..

19 hours ago, Zambo said:

I think we all struggle with calorie intake and lifestyle - i do.

My recent success has been from no beer, then transitioning onto beer at weekends only. Plus generally small food portions (which I guess translates into "normal" food portions")

My advice, for what it's worth, is small bowls and plates. After a while a huge western restaurant plate of grub makes you feel a bit sick (but can eat if washed down with a couple of pints or 4)

Not a lot wrong with your advice.  Just got back from my liver scan. It wasn't an ultrasound as such, it was a fibro Scan which is used to determine fatty content of the liver and also firmness or scar tissue. 

Thankfully the liver physician told me that, basically, I had a normal liver with a little bit of fatty content but no scarring or fibrosis. She said it was good for my age but if she needed to offer advice, it would be to just cut back on fats, eat more protein. In fact, after my heart operation, I was told to concentrate more on protein and keep to low carbs/low fat foods.  Physican advised the same and to have a Mediterranean style diet with intermittent fasting. Keto and other diets not good for the liver.

She also said that the best advice was to eat your main meal before 6pm and to have healthy snacks after but before 8pm. She made a lot of sense to me although some of it is common sense which we don't always adhere to; where are my beers lol.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks @tommy dee

Well like they say the funeral is for the living not the dead....

Funerals are big business $$$......But a simple roast is all that's needed..

With-in 100 years virtually everyone will have forgotten you were here anyways...Same for the famous, but it just takes a bit longer...

How many movie stars,bands or sports stars can people name before 1922....Not many.....How about before 1822.......How about before 1722...  

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well like they say the funeral is for the living not the dead....

Funerals are big business $$$......But a simple roast is all that's needed..

With-in 100 years virtually everyone will have forgotten you were here anyways...Same for the famous, but it just takes a bit longer...

How many movie stars,bands or sports stars can people name before 1922....Not many.....How about before 1822.......How about before 1722...  

Exactly my thoughts, hence my investigation into getting my body back here if I die on holiday in UK..Then it is straight on a bonfire up at Wat Damsamakee...Free homebrew wine all round for those doing the burning !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Might be advisable for some to have a burial/cremation type insurance policy. Reasonably affordable and sure makes things much easier following a death (at least for the loved ones who are dealing with things). 

It's not just about the money I'm talking about. With an insurance policy all the administrator (or person dealing with coordinating things) has to do is give the policy number, name of company, phone contact to the funeral people and they take care of everything. If there are any costs which are over what the policy covers the estate will cover it later. If there are no assets left within the estate then I guess any added costs would have to be negotiated. But, by the simple fact that there was a policy it gives the funeral company confidence they won't get stiffed (no pun intended), and leaves one less thing for the family to have to worry about or haggle over. 

Highly recommend having one.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Exactly my thoughts, hence my investigation into getting my body back here if I die on holiday in UK..Then it is straight on a bonfire up at Wat Damsamakee...Free homebrew wine all round for those doing the burning !!!

Would it not be cheaper to burn the body in the UK and ship the ashes back to Thailand?

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Would it not be cheaper to burn the body in the UK and ship the ashes back to Thailand?

Absolutely definitely not!

Travel Insurance covering all the normal holiday stuff plus Repatriation and Burial appears to be less than 50 quid for a one month holiday....

... But its early days to put an exact cost as I haven't even booked flights yet ..

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fatbhoytim said:

Breakfast at Beer Garden, just started eating and rain came on again-- moved inside. Not having much luck weather wise this trip

IMG_20221120_115933.jpg

Now that's a proper breakfast. Full of vitamin B, minerals and good for bone density.

• Haha 1