What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just realised it is 19 November and I have still not permanently put my heating on. I admit that I did put the heating on once for 2 hours back in late October, but never since.

In fact, the temperature isn't that bad and with oodies on all of us, we are finding it fine without the central heating on.

My 2 year fixed deal finished on 31 October, so I am now paying about 60% more for my utilities than previously, so using less electric and gas is a bonus. I was paying £82.00 a month up till 31 October and now, I am fixed for a year at £132.50.

Hoping the milder weather will last for awhile yet.

Just for those who want to know what an oodie is:

OOdie.png

Our first cold snap of the winter - it is -22C this morning; up until now we have had an exceptionally warm autumn/early winter with very little snow - nice and cozy in the house with my big wood stove fired up, though.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

22 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Our first cold snap of the winter - it is -22C this morning; up until now we have had an exceptionally warm autumn/early winter with very little snow - nice and cozy in the house with my big wood stove fired up, though.

No option but just the central heating. Old coal fires or log fires would be a boon right now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Packing!

Though slightly different stuff from my usual Thailand or Turkey trip 😆

20231119_144612.jpg

I buy all my sports clothing from Castore now. Not cheap but great quality. About £70 for jogging bottoms and similar for shirts, But really worth the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I buy all my sports clothing from Castore now. Not cheap but great quality. About £70 for jogging bottoms and similar for shirts, But really worth the money.

Rangers have been with them for a few years now, one of the first.

The thermal base layer stuff I got will be one offs, for me anyway. The missus will probably wear hers every UK Winter 😅

But yea, got them for 3 of us, expensive trip, but once in a lifetime trip, husky and reindeer sleighs, see the big man with the white beard, and hopefully see the Northern lights for real. So don't want anyone feeling too cold to enjoy it. We get given full all in one thermal suits, boots, thick woollen socks, and thermal mittens. So should be fine, not like it's gonna be -25!

Trip was booked before Covid, so Caitlin was more of a 'believer' then, now she wants to believe i think, but her head's telling her different. But once she meets him, he knows her name and has the exact letter she wrote to him and we 'posted' a week ago, she'll be a believer as the Monkees sang! 

Plus the hotel I picked has a complimentary indoor pool, sauna and spa, so can go heat up if getting cold playing in the snow too long, tobogganing etc 

Temperatures aren't going to be that bad, for me anyway, hitting near that in Northern Ireland some years lol.

35cms of snow already, never mind in the pristine forests.  

Looking forward to it!

Screenshot_20231119_225502_BBC Weather.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Rangers have been with them for a few years now, one of the first.

The thermal base layer stuff I got will be one offs, for me anyway. The missus will probably wear hers every UK Winter 😅

But yea, got them for 3 of us, expensive trip, but once in a lifetime trip, husky and reindeer sleighs, see the big man with the white beard, and hopefully see the Northern lights for real. So don't want anyone feeling too cold to enjoy it. We get given full all in one thermal suits, boots, thick woollen socks, and thermal mittens. So should be fine, not like it's gonna be -25!

Trip was booked before Covid, so Caitlin was more of a 'believer' then, now she wants to believe i think, but her head's telling her different. But once she meets him, he knows her name and has the exact letter she wrote to him and we 'posted' a week ago, she'll be a believer as the Monkees sang! 

Plus the hotel I picked has a complimentary indoor pool, sauna and spa, so can go heat up if getting cold playing in the snow too long, tobogganing etc 

Temperatures aren't going to be that bad, for me anyway, hitting near that in Northern Ireland some years lol.

35cms of snow already, never mind in the pristine forests.  

Looking forward to it!

Screenshot_20231119_225502_BBC Weather.jpg

Been buying from Castore around 5 to 6 years, the company has only been going since 2016. At the time the only client was Andy Murray, and I believe he is a shareholder. But the brothers have really built the company up and the products really are top quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just realised it is 19 November and I have still not permanently put my heating on. I admit that I did put the heating on once for 2 hours back in late October, but never since.

In fact, the temperature isn't that bad and with oodies on all of us, we are finding it fine without the central heating on.

My 2 year fixed deal finished on 31 October, so I am now paying about 60% more for my utilities than previously, so using less electric and gas is a bonus. I was paying £82.00 a month up till 31 October and now, I am fixed for a year at £132.50.

Hoping the milder weather will last for awhile yet.

Just for those who want to know what an oodie is:

OOdie.png

Haven’t yet put on our heating down here in the South. 🤗

For 2 years I was on Octopus Go, mainly because I had an EV and the cheap 4 hours a night (5ppKwh) was more than enough to charge the car to full and 19ppkwh daytime was ok for our daytime use. 
We also do batch cooking in 2 big ovens and freeze the meals and turn on the washing and dish washer during the 4 cheap hours. 

We are now on a higher rate of 9p cheap and 32p daytime rate until May 24 and then I’ll sign up for another Octopus tariff, but it’s going to be a bit higher during the daytime, but hopefully a bit cheaper at night and the 9ppkwh has already been reduced by a little in the last 2 months. 
Because we manage to transfer around 65/70% of our use to TOU (time of use) it makes sense to stick to this type of tariff. 
Because we have a smart meter we could go for something like Intelligent Octopus which means that you just plug in the car and Octopus decides when to charge the car for it to be full before you leave at a set time you designate. This works by Octopus interrogating the car via the smart meter and my home charger and automatically starting the charge when it’s the cheapest based on the price they buy electric every hour in the night. It costs me approximately 1pence per mile to power the car with electricity using the cheap overnight rate so doing 20+k miles a year is a big saving on “fuel” costs.

Our electricity bill is around £85 per month and our gas (CH and hot water) is about £28 a month. 

We have a wood burner and a huge stack of seasoned wood but hardly light it except on Christmas Day. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Our first cold snap of the winter - it is -22C this morning; up until now we have had an exceptionally warm autumn/early winter

Montreal was great so far, think we had a Heat Index of 31C few days late October. Then reality set in, been a few nights of 3-4 below and some sprinkles….but hey! What am I bitching about? Days get longer one month from Tuesday right? 

Stay warm Gord my fellow Canuck, I know the older I get it really permeates the bones !

• Thumbs Up 1

• john luke changed the title to What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)
16 hours ago, boydeste said:

You can only have one line account active on an android device. Make sure you know your log in details and password before you transfer. Back up your chat history. Also WhatsApp accounts are usually associated with the phone number, so the same is needed.

Back up your WhatsApp before you transfer,  mine backs up once a week anyway. 

I am not sure I quite understand.

When one does the cloning the new phone will not have a sim card and therefore does not have a phone number. It is not until the cloning is finished, hopefully successfully, that one puts the existing sim card into the new phone and thus the new phone inherits the existing phone number.

Or am I wrong?

I have always allowed the shop I purchased a phone to transfer everything but the last time they f***d it up. This time I will be buying the phone from Amazon and attempting everything myself.

32 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I am not sure I quite understand.

When one does the cloning the new phone will not have a sim card and therefore does not have a phone number. It is not until the cloning is finished, hopefully successfully, that one puts the existing sim card into the new phone and thus the new phone inherits the existing phone number.

Or am I wrong?

I have always allowed the shop I purchased a phone to transfer everything but the last time they f***d it up. This time I will be buying the phone from Amazon and attempting everything myself.

Just make sure you have your line backed up and know the registered email and password.

Do the same for WhatsApp, then it won't matter how you do it.

After transfer and moving the sim, you will can set both up and restore the history.

The worst case scenario is you reload the apps again and log back in and restore your account.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Booking flights and hotels for my next trip ...  😎

I just have just two nights in Bangkok right at the start of my month trip in March.

That hasn't stopped me changing my hotel in Bangkok three times in a week. 🤣

I finally settled on Dynasty Inn simply for the location in Soi 4, Nana.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/20/2023 at 4:07 PM, boydeste said:

Just make sure you have your line backed up and know the registered email and password.

Do the same for WhatsApp, then it won't matter how you do it.

After transfer and moving the sim, you will can set both up and restore the history.

The worst case scenario is you reload the apps again and log back in and restore your account.

Yep.... I lost all of my LINE contacts once a couple change overs ago. You may even remember.

Was a bit painful for me at the time as there was quite a few nice trim pieces I lost that I was fond of. 

Now, most of the contacts I care about I have alternative means of contact. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just received this from the Wild company. I buy my deodorant and shower gel from them. They basically sell refillable products rather than buying disposable ones.

Already own one but I really liked this one.

I have a regular subscription with them and they aim to be as environmentally friendly and carbon neutral as possible. That’s something I am really interested in.

The shower gel one I bought a while ago, it’s the deodorant one that’s new.

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just finished replacing a leaking mixer tap. Horrid job trying to do it in situ, added bonus of the speedyfit on the hot pipe not going on properly, so when I went upstairs and turned the hot water valve on, it pissed everywhere over the kitchen floor then by the time I got downstairs, had managed to seal itself.

Also, the old tap which was held on by a threaded bar and a lock nut had managed to seize itself. I took the precaution of adding some copperslip to the threads this time around.

Bollocks job, next time I'll get a pro plumber in.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just received this from the Wild company. I buy my deodorant and shower gel from them. They basically sell refillable products rather than buying disposable ones.

Already own one but I really liked this one.

I have a regular subscription with them and they aim to be as environmentally friendly and carbon neutral as possible. That’s something I am really interested in.

The shower gel one I bought a while ago, it’s the deodorant one that’s new.

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

Add an order from Manscaped and you’ll need a stick to keep the birds away

• Haha 2