What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Nikon makes great equipment too......the technology these days is amazing as far as these DSLR's and Lenses. Are you happy with your Nikon?  

We have come a long way since I first bought my first camera 50 years ago in 1974...Minolta SRT 101....scraped by as a struggling college student to buy a "Vivitar" 135MM lens for concerts...can never forget using a roll of 36 Kodak Ektachrome film back in the day.  The challenge was after you took your first 36 pictures, could you unload it at a concert, and re-load your next roll of film without dropping it LOL! Yeah and a few "bong hits" didn't help either LOL! 20 or so years ago, Costco started taking slides and transferring them to a CD....

Glad I survived all of it back in the 70's...these concert pics and others are priceless to me.

74437848-SLD-001-0010.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0034.jpg

EC 1974 Cow Palace.jpg

Phil Collins.jpg

R34.jpg

Yes.1978.jpg

Zeppelin 1977.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0011.jpg

2-18-2006-27.JPG

R1-0.JPG

2-18-2006-01.JPG

R1-8.JPG

R1-14.JPG

R1-20.JPG

R1-2.JPG

Fantastic pics Mike TFP :default_goodjob:

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I have the Nikon D3300 that I bought years ago. For the amatuer work I do I'm very happy with it.

Like you I've enjoyed photography since my HS days. Even had a darkroom in my parent's basement.

Most days I use my waterproof Olympus Tough TG-5. The Nikon gets used when I want to take shots at night, long distance photos, and hash shirt photos. I have a makeshift studio setup in a spare bedroom for the shirt photos. Those get posted to the hash shirt webpage (link).

P4300003.jpg

Do you do anything to protect your gear from the heat and humidity when not in use? That was a big concern of mine as only two bedrooms in my home have A/C, which only gets turned on when we're in the room.

To protect my gear I bought a dry cabinet (link) which seems to get the job done. After buying one I realized I should be storing a few bits of other electronic gear in the cabinet, so bought a larger one to hold everything. If anyone is interested, the smaller, 30L cabinet on the top shelf in the pic below is for sale.

P4300006.jpg

Yeah Photography is a good hobby, cool a dark room back in the day? Outstanding. Yeah do you ever get any "looks" from all the camera phone guys these days like" Why don't you just use a camera phone"? I do....what ever. 

I like the challenge of actually trying to "focus" myself, without using the "auto focus"  Plus, having a decent zoom lens, just gets good pics in my opinion.

This is what I store my equipment in..

IMG_2745.JPG

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sat in Samui airport nursing a fractured metatarsal in my big toe which I did yesterday afternoon while snorkelling.Thought I had just bruised it when I slipped between two rocks but last night in a restaurant it was throbbing like a jackhammer so decided to go to  the hossie and get it checked out.They give me an option of a  plastic jacket around my ankle or just walking on my heel with a pair of crutches and a pocket full of Tramadol.I decided on the second option but without the crutches.I will go to A&E next Tuesday when we get home and see if they think I should get a jacket fitted. Meanwhile I will get myself a walking stick later.20240501_102819.jpg

• Sad 15

24 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Sat in Samui airport nursing a fractured metatarsal in my big toe which I did yesterday afternoon while snorkelling.Thought I had just bruised it when I slipped between two rocks but last night in a restaurant it was throbbing like a jackhammer so decided to go to  the hossie and get it checked out.They give me an option of a  plastic jacket around my ankle or just walking on my heel with a pair of crutches and a pocket full of Tramadol.I decided on the second option but without the crutches.I will go to A&E next Tuesday when we get home and see if they think I should get a jacket fitted. Meanwhile I will get myself a walking stick later.20240501_102819.jpg

So sorry to hear that mate. Best wishes and Get Well Soon!!

Because you are still a young working chap I'd have gone for the plastic jacket AND crutches... The last thing you want is for it to interfere with your working life back home!

On the bright side when you fly back you'll be able to sit in the "special chairs" in the Departure Lounge and be boarded first ..... Although there'll be some little monster running around and kick your foot !!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just love this pic of Pete Townsend, HTF can he jump this high whilst playing ? :default_goodjob:

image.jpeg

I dont think so anymore.....He is no spring chicken these days..

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just love this pic of Pete Townsend, HTF can he jump this high whilst playing ? :default_goodjob:

image.jpeg

I think he's put extra strong springs in his guitar pedals 😅

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

I think he's put extra strong springs in his guitar pedals 😅

Well he can't do that anymore. saw the Who last year & he sits on a chair for part of the performance. They are still a class act though vocals & guitar were spot on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

19 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Photography is a good hobby, cool a dark room back in the day? Outstanding. Yeah do you ever get any "looks" from all the camera phone guys these days like" Why don't you just use a camera phone"? I do....what ever. 

I like the challenge of actually trying to "focus" myself, without using the "auto focus"  Plus, having a decent zoom lens, just gets good pics in my opinion.

IMG_2745.JPG

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

I bet it only took a minute to whip out your wide angle lens for her. 😉

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_2745.JPG

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

I have my dads old AE-1 and it has a real nice lens. I have been thinking about breaking it out but I keep putting it off.

I have had a lot of formalized photography training over the years, 90 % of it forgotten. When I first started, having to photograph a scene was the only thing I got nervous about. If I fcucked that up you could easily lose a case. This was long before digital. 

The one thing I do pay attention to is lighting and allowing for reasonable perspective. Getting a good spontaneous shot when travelling or a cool situation presents itself, awesome. I don't go out looking, but sometimes there are those moments that are worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

image.jpeg

Well Cliff, like you, me and many others, we are NOT the same as we once were....1976 was a long time ago. Pete Townshend was amazing that evening at "Winterland"  One other thing that sticks with me as a 19 year old back then, how in god's name did Daltrey swing that microphone out into the audience like he did, several times it came close to me, then pull it back and continue singing and never miss??  Truly amazing..

God I miss the 70's.....

R23 (1).jpg

R41 (1).jpg

R42.JPG

• Thumbs Up 6

14 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Well Cliff, like you, me and many others, we are NOT the same as we once were....1976 was a long time ago. Pete Townshend was amazing that evening at "Winterland"  One other thing that sticks with me as a 19 year old back then, how in god's name did Daltrey swing that microphone out into the audience like he did, several times it came close to me, then pull it back and continue singing and never miss??  Truly amazing..

God I miss the 70's.....

R23 (1).jpg

R41 (1).jpg

R42.JPG

God I miss the 70's.....

So do i Mike, magic times. I'll never understand why i never got to see the Who, i was and still am a massive fan of their music. This is a favourite of mine, what a great song imo.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just stabbed myself in he finger with a knife. First injury I've had like this since I've been on Apixaban (three years). Fuk it bled.

Don't know if it went down to the bone although it was a boning knife I was using at the time.

image.png

File photo

They do have very sharp points.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

Just stabbed myself in he finger with a knife. First injury I've had like this since I've been on Apixaban (three years). Fuk it bled.

Don't know if it went down to the bone although it was a boning knife I was using at the time.

image.png

File photo

I've taken Warfarin for about 20 years and knives in the kitchen are an accident waiting to happen. I've yet to have any bad events, though I'm really careful especially using a chef's knife.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

image.png

File photo

Would quick clot help in reducing the bleeding? I carry the powder form in my med kit, but fortunately never had to use it.

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Would quick clot help in reducing the bleeding? I carry the powder form in my med kit, but fortunately never had to use it.

image.jpeg

Don't know if those work on people on blood thinners. In my case, went through the gauze padding on the first band-aid, leaked out under the edges although not quite the Texas chainsaw massacre. Second band-aid seems to have it under control. Just hurts like hell now.

Anyone on blood thinners and experience of the mentioned clotting products, now is the time to let us know. Would be useful information.

Posted (edited)

Dr Google has replied.

Make sure you have a styptic (anti-bleeding) powder available at all times to stop bleeding. You can buy this powder over-the-counter (without a prescription) from a pharmacy or store. This powder works very well to stop bleeding in patients on blood thinners. Talk with your local pharmacist for more information. 

https://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/AntiCoag/CutsBloodThinners.pdf

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 4

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Been here since 6am to set up, be finished about 10.45pm.

Just as well it's well paid, and paid time off work.

20240502_064752.jpg

20240502_064742.jpg

20240502_064757.jpg

Not bothering to vote. Here in Wales we are only voting for 'Police and Crime Commissioners'. I have no knowledge of the candidates, and, if I am honest, I have no interest. 

34 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Been here since 6am to set up, be finished about 10.45pm.

Just as well it's well paid, and paid time off work.

20240502_064752.jpg

20240502_064742.jpg

20240502_064757.jpg

So you are allowed time off work (paid) to earn more money doing another job. That sounds like a no brainer and worth doing.