Today Is A Very Sad Day

galenkia

Even though you have been aware for some time that this day was coming, it must be extremely upsetting for you and I am so sorry for your loss.

It is obvious you had a strong bond with your sister, and I hope that you can cope better by remembering all the good times you had together and honouring her by being strong and determined in your own life going forward.

Sad news to hear mate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So sorry this sad day has arrived Gal. My thoughts are with you and all Jan`s friends.

"Her smile could lift me from the pain I often found within She said some things I won't forget She made a few bells ring So simple her humility Her beauty found in grace Today she lives another life In some fantastic place"

Difford/Tilbrook

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

There isn’t enough darkness in the whole world that can hide the light from this one small candle.
Jan. 

You cared for and loved Jan right up to the end. Now, more than ever, you need to be strong in your grief, not just for yourself, but because you know Jan would want you to be. 

If memories are all you have now, then hang on tight to them and build on them, they will help you through this sad time.

Everyone on 247 is rooting for you Gal. 

Good luck. 👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

We all knew it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier to hear about it - may your sister RIP - she was fortunate to have someone as caring as you to be with her, and do so much for her, near the end. 

It's good to know that you are getting counselling and I hope this helps you - in some ways you may never get over this, but you WILL get through it - stay strong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Alan, I echo what many others have said here, you are a class act and have a good heart for taking care of your Sister. She knew you were there the whole time and your presence for her never waivered.

You have a ton of fans here and all the best going forward. 

Well said Mike. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The day when it arrives the feeling is surreal. It is a depth of emotion that I find impossible to define. 

As the days pass you will gradually come back to being able to function in moving forward with your life. But, without question it will change you.

Weeks, months, years later you will be doing some regular activity focused on whatever it may be you are doing. Suddenly out of nowhere you will feel a hard gut punch. It can happen anywhere, any time. When it does take a moment or even a few minutes to allow yourself to feel it. Then get back to the task you were working on.

I'm sorry for your loss Gal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Going to the hospice today to discuss the donation I want to make to them.

I want to give them £25,000 to help them care for others in Jan’s memory.

They have already gave her plants to other patients to brighten up their rooms.

The staff were amazing, as are all medical staff I have known are.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've only just caught up with this news.

So sorry to hear Gal .

RIP Jan .

I echo what everyone else has said , good man for taking care of her.

Keep yourself busy and keep the counselling up.

Stay on the path pal you've turned your life around , you're a good man and deserve to be on the right path 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, roomark said:

I've only just caught up with this news.

So sorry to hear Gal .

RIP Jan .

I echo what everyone else has said , good man for taking care of her.

Keep yourself busy and keep the counselling up.

Stay on the path pal you've turned your life around , you're a good man and deserve to be on the right path 

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2