Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Last few,obviously everything on Thai time......still buzzing out there.....lol........

In to  ''Tree town'' north end....

056a.jpg

058a.jpg

Across into Soi M.I T. Soi buakhao end.....I think that's ''New Bar and Thaiger Bar......not really my area....

but up to you...lol.....

059a.jpg

060a.jpg

061a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

I wouldn't say business as usual m8...lol...tonight about 19.00 hrs M.I.T.  .........

Starting from 2nd Rd............

045a.jpg

047a.jpg

049a.jpg

050a.jpg

051a.jpg

052a.jpg

053a.jpg

054a.jpg

Definitely far from business as usual.

Wondering if a lot of locals are just patronising their dark side bars first before venturing across the Sukhumvit..

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Definitely far from business as usual.

Wondering if a lot of locals are just patronising their dark side bars first before venturing across the Sukhumvit..

I hope for barowners in central and south Pattaya they start venturing over from the darkside. It doesn't look like the current entrance restrictions into Thailand will be eased this year. It's going to get brutal.

45 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I hope for barowners in central and south Pattaya they start venturing over from the darkside. It doesn't look like the current entrance restrictions into Thailand will be eased this year. It's going to get brutal.

If. they do let people in it will probably be November/December

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Plenty of decent, well-run dark side bars desperately need custom too. I'll go into town to support the likes of Alex and Adam, but wouldn't leave the DS otherwise. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I would bang the shit out of 2 of the 3 .... wonder if those gals actually work at the place ?

Thought they might be to your liking. I don't care for gogo's so haven't been in Golden Time since they switched business models from a GC to gogo, but from reports I've read they have a stellar line up.

4 hours ago, fforest said:

Well all the old expat geezers will be pooped after last nights party....They will need a week or so at home to recover...lol

Expats generally do not go out on the piss anything like 7 days a week and Monday is normally as quiet as it gets.

Inevitable the "busiest"  times will be at the weekends however "busiest" is now a relative term and will still mean many will be losing money every day particularly (most) GoGo's with prices most expats simply will not pay.

It will be survival of the fittest or those GoGo's with extremely deep pockets and still able to lose money every day they stay open.

Sadly, there is only going to be expats spending money in entertainment venues for the rest of this year.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

A whiz around the manor starting at about 17.30 hrs........might be of interest to a few in town......

006a.jpg

007a.jpg

008a.jpg

009a.jpg

Pook Plaza getting a right strip out....through the grate....

010a.jpg

011a.jpg

012a.jpg

Shame about Pook Plaza as it was a good place for a couple of beers, some pool and people watching, definitely sad to see it go.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Esco said:

Plenty of decent, well-run dark side bars desperately need custom too. I'll go into town to support the likes of Alex and Adam, but wouldn't leave the DS otherwise. 

Don't blame you pal. Plus it's a pain in the hole to get back over that side of town if you are pissed and having a late one. But I really can't see tourists being in Pattaya in any significant numbers this year, another 12 months is a long time to hold out...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Shame about Pook Plaza as it was a good place for a couple of beers, some pool and people watching, definitely sad to see it go.

If the rumours are correct, won't be seeing the lady behind the Pook empire anytime soon...

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

59 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

If the rumours are correct, won't be seeing the lady behind the Pook empire anytime soon...

Feel free to put the rumour here as I have to be honest and say that I know absolutely nothing about the woman ? The only time I went into the old Pooks Bar was in 2007 to watch the rugby world cup final because they had a big screen set up.

15 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Feel free to put the rumour here as I have to be honest and say that I know absolutely nothing about the woman ? The only time I went into the old Pooks Bar was in 2007 to watch the rugby world cup final because they had a big screen set up.

Allegedly she was sub-leasing the bars in the beer bar complex facing the entrance LK metro but wasn't paying the rent to the landlord. The barowners came in to open up one morning and found their stock and all their stuff had been removed from the bar. It was then the landlord told them that Pook hadn't paid him any rent in 6 months. She fled town. It's all a rumour so who knows what truth if any there is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, fforest said:

Well all the old expat geezers will be pooped after last nights party....They will need a week or so at home to recover...lol

Not so sure about that; I have friends in their late 60s and 70s living on the dark-side who are often out 4-5 nights a week. They also have cash to spend which ensures they always have a good time. 

When I lived there I couldn't keep up with them and I was the one who was happy to stay home most nights and I was younger than all of them.