Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

55 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I was out on Thursday night about 8pm and headed to LK Metro but it was only a quick visit. A couple of bars looked fairly busy, Billabong was maybe 40-50% of what would have been a normal pre-covid night, Time Bar and Fever looked busy, Cafe Racer was quiet, Scooters and the other bars in that area were also quiet looking. I don't do gogo's so no comment on them. I then stopped for one in a bar opposite Areca Lodge as a favour to a mate in Oz that's worried about a bird that worked there. Soi Diana looked dead, I went back through LK and went via the Soi Buakhow end and turned left towards Soi Honey ( Climax Bar was closed up ) and the live music place was busy as was the place on the corner of Soi Honey, bars on the opposite side didn't look busy.

I came home to the Darkside and stopped off in 4 bars about 10pm near the Booze Lounge and in 3 of them I was the only customer, the Booze Lounge had maybe 2-3 customers in there but a girl told me it was busier earlier.

What I will say was that I was really disappointed in the quality of the girls I saw working, there was very very few what I would call stunners working and a lot of older ladies working, again I didn't go drinking in a lot of places but from what I saw walking past I couldn't often say 'wow, that's tidy'.

I wonder if many of the girls have gone back to the provinces? The pattaya news had an article saying lots of Thais have started to pack up and go home. It's hard to know who to believe, one report says the town is busy, and the other paints a picture of a mass exodus.

🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I wonder if many of the girls have gone back to the provinces? The pattaya news had an article saying lots of Thais have started to pack up and go home. It's hard to know who to believe, one report says the town is busy, and the other paints a picture of a mass exodus.

🤔

I can only comment on what I saw which I'll admit wasn't a big walk around town type thing. The last time I was in town at night was in September and to me it seemed busier then than now. Maybe before or after I was there it was busy but all I know is for sure that it's nowhere near as busy now as it would be on a cold rainy night in low season. I've read reports too saying ibar and 808 were busy and open until 3-4am and some Walking Street and LK Agogos were standing room only but that's not my scene so I can't comment. I've seen reports that Soi 6 is busy and then another report says 2 customers on the whole Soi ?

In September last year when I went I did a mini type report on here somewhere and said that there were a hell of a lot of girls in the bars, this time around I'd say there wasn't nearly as many so maybe a lot have gone home ?

I saw a great line elsewhere last week and it sums things up for me. As the great Abraham Lincoln once said ''The problem with the internet is that you don't know what is the truth and what is false".

• Like 3

Just common sense tells me this weekend was going to be busy with the bars open.  Most expats want a drink and the opening of bars/go gos etc has got to be a pull.  Trippers coming down from Bangkok or other regions to enjoy themselves will increase foot traffic.

Photos, reports of the state of the same bars, areas in the middle of the week and ongoing will give a better picture.

Would also be interested to know how many of those now in Pattaya bars are guys who have recently arrived, can't believe a lot of these bar patrons are not long off a flight with a 2 week quarantine under their belt. Still arrival stats would be good to see. 

I have friends who wish to go as soon as possible but until they have the vaccine they will not be booking a flight just yet.

• Like 1

I have 3 mates that have done the quarantine and are here for at least a year, all are over 70 and 2 of them have 'wives' so they won't be doing the bars and agogos, the third likes to think of himself as a bit of a stud but he's more likely to get a cheap Beach Road girl once a week than be barfining anywhere.

Another arrives this month and he will be in the bars to start with but then he quietens down after a few days, one more is coming from Germany for 3 months as he's semi retired and has cash but he's another that doesn't really bother with the bars or barfining.

Another 2 people I know have stayed here on extensions but again neither of them are big on the bar scene.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I have 3 mates that have done the quarantine and are here for at least a year, all are over 70 and 2 of them have 'wives' so they won't be doing the bars and agogos, the third likes to think of himself as a bit of a stud but he's more likely to get a cheap Beach Road girl once a week than be barfining anywhere.

Another arrives this month and he will be in the bars to start with but then he quietens down after a few days, one more is coming from Germany for 3 months as he's semi retired and has cash but he's another that doesn't really bother with the bars or barfining.

Another 2 people I know have stayed here on extensions but again neither of them are big on the bar scene.

Didn`t they need proof of vaccination?

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

No idea, 2 came in December and 1 last week, I didn't think they needed proof of vaccination to get in here ?

No, thinking about it I don`t think you need proof of a vaccine yet. would be interested to know how much the 14 days quarantine costs though. 

32 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

No, thinking about it I don`t think you need proof of a vaccine yet. would be interested to know how much the 14 days quarantine costs though. 

45,000bt + for 2 of them but as they said they have the money and there's nothing for them in their respective countries and it's cheaper for them to stay here and get good weather etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just common sense tells me this weekend was going to be busy with the bars open.  Most expats want a drink and the opening of bars/go gos etc has got to be a pull.  Trippers coming down from Bangkok or other regions to enjoy themselves will increase foot traffic.

Photos, reports of the state of the same bars, areas in the middle of the week and ongoing will give a better picture.

Would also be interested to know how many of those now in Pattaya bars are guys who have recently arrived, can't believe a lot of these bar patrons are not long off a flight with a 2 week quarantine under their belt. Still arrival stats would be good to see. 

I have friends who wish to go as soon as possible but until they have the vaccine they will not be booking a flight just yet.

IMG_20210207_054140.jpg

80k farang have entered Thailand since last July. So I would guess most of those in the bars are ex-pats in Pattaya or other parts of Thailand.

1 hour ago, ukdave51 said:

The quarantine can cost 35,000 baht or it can cost over 200,00 baht

Screenshot_20210207-172007_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Esco said:

It does come with complementary WiFi lol 

If they up the complementary bottles of water from 2 a day to 3 a day I might be tempted. 

All going well I'll be doing my quarantine end of March. Plenty of places at 55,000 +/- that will do for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

IMG_20210207_054140.jpg

80k farang have entered Thailand since last July. So I would guess most of those in the bars are ex-pats in Pattaya or other parts of Thailand.

Yes I would think most of those who have arrived have some allegiance to Thailand other than tourism, most likely they have wives, girlfriends, businesses, houses etc.  Of course Farang only applies to westerners, Aussies, European etc so many of those 52 countries represent many other foreigners with an interest in Thailand.

Real tourism is yet to take off.

I always felt I was intruding somewhat when I visited TQ as its loyal customer base of expats formed almost a clique.

Nevertheless, that loyal support and the fact it is a veritable Pattaya institution are the very reasons it deserves to survive.

May they never stop rocking

Going, round and around.

A reeling and a rocking

What a crazy sound.