Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The pook beer bar complex is being converted into a nightclub similar to 808 and Ibar owned by the Baku group and will be called The Tunnel. 

Probably a smart move on their part as the Buakhao, LK Metro area become entertainment central in Pattaya. Wonder how long WS will last.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Probably a smart move on their part as the Buakhao, LK Metro area become entertainment central in Pattaya. Wonder how long WS will last.

Been confirmed pretty much that it is going to be the nightclub I described But it seems one Baku person is saying they're not involved while another one is saying they are So who knows let's see what happens maybe it'll be the same as the Avenue Project that never took off

• Like 3

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It would make complete sense to open a nightclub in the Buakhao/LK area with the amount of bars and footfall from hotels etc. I remember Simon of the Retox was trying to get investors together to open a nightclub before he did a moonlight 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Not so sure about that; I have friends in their late 60s and 70s living on the dark-side who are often out 4-5 nights a week. They also have cash to spend which ensures they always have a good time. 

When I lived there I couldn't keep up with them and I was the one who was happy to stay home most nights and I was younger than all of them.

Come across this on one of my cycling groups. Some older riders have stronger constitutions. I often get left for dead on some of the hills.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It would make complete sense to open a nightclub in the Buakhao/LK area with the amount of bars and footfall from hotels etc. I remember Simon of the Retox was trying to get investors together to open a nightclub before he did a moonlight 

Well there is already a whole bunch of them in Soi Boomerang but it looks increasingly likely that as bar/GoGo's fall by the wayside in other areas, including W S, the entertainment venues that survive in the Buakhao/LK area will reap the benefits.

Currently there are still far to many bars/GoGo's all looking for the same expat customers. In six months time they will mostly all be drinking in that area if for no other reason there will be very limited alternatives.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Well there is already a whole bunch of them in Soi Boomerang but it looks increasingly likely that as bar/GoGo's fall by the wayside in other areas, including W S, the entertainment venues that survive in the Buakhao/LK area will reap the benefits.

Currently there are still far to many bars/GoGo's all looking for the same expat customers. In six months time they will mostly all be drinking in that area if for no other reason there will be very limited alternatives.

I switched from being a Walking Street guy to being an LK/Buakhow/Boomerang guy a few years back, so I'm happy to hear the area is mostly holding up.  

On 03/02/2021 at 4:55 PM, dcfc2007 said:

As Friends on LK is meant to be a nightclub. 

25 minutes ago, Esco said:

As Friends on LK is meant to be a nightclub. 

Night clubs are ment to be sexy places where the money flows easy....Can a night club work on retired expat cheap charlie Soi Bukow?.....I don't know....

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Night clubs are ment to be sexy places where the money flows easy....Can a night club work on retired expat cheap charlie Soi Bukow?.....I don't know....

Probably depends if tourists come back to Thailand. The go gos in LK Metro might struggle without heavy foot traffic so Soi Bukhao may not be an ideal place to see new businesses crops up.  Then again there are some depressing bars on Soi Bukhao and a go go dotted around might be a blessing.

I am not a massive go go fan but do like to occasionally pop in as the air con, eye candy and comfort is usually a step up from a hole in the wall bar.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fforest said:

But as a freelance pickup place it may well do OK. Other type of businesses close by, but its a reasonable variation on other FL places, beer bars, GG's & GC's.

Hope they keep the bar at the front beer bar open - probably very doable particularly late afternoon, early evening.

But its a positive sign. People looking to the future and putting money behind their ideas. Hopefully the rumours etc are true.

Good luck to them.

Maybe a bit more coconut bar FL type action in the area as well?

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Probably depends if tourists come back to Thailand. The go gos in LK Metro might struggle without heavy foot traffic so Soi Bukhao may not be an ideal place to see new businesses crops up.  Then again there are some depressing bars on Soi Bukhao and a go go dotted around might be a blessing.

I am not a massive go go fan but do like to occasionally pop in as the air con, eye candy and comfort is usually a step up from a hole in the wall bar.

The "Clubs" I am thinking of, and visit when in Town, are NOT GoGo's but are really hostess bars by another name. Some might take a bit of finding but the big difference is that by not employing lots of overpaid dancers their prices for drinks can often be half or less than in a GoGo.

Most GoGo's are losing money every day they open and that is not going to change. Opening just for the weekends is just a sign of how bad things are.  GoGo's are doomed if they continue to offer the only available market (the expat community) drinks at unrealistically high prices.

• Like 5

In Soi Buakhao the ''Old No 7 bar'' is meant to do food, didn't see any menus or promotions

I did try to gain more info but the lady present had more interest in her phone...lol...

002a.jpg

003a.jpg

Through the grate at ''Pook Plaza''...........

004a.jpg

005a.jpg

Some favourite little massage shops for some....lol...

006a.jpg

And then into ''The Avenue'' someone was asking about it the other day,basically deserted as before....

011a.jpg

Edited by Blue Streak

On 2/5/2021 at 4:11 PM, johnpat said:

I had a great time at the gogos tonight.   Electric Blue was open and for good reason as the Dollhouse was packed and they needed a place for the overflow crowd.   I found a favorite at EB and was kept entertained in my seat.  Open 7pm to midnight.

Next I went to Fahrenheit to see a favorite there.  It was pretty crowded as well.   I heard that they will open only 5 days a week  ( I think they are closed on Monday and Tuesday).  Again open 7pm to midnight.

For me  nothing beats a gogo.  You can enter and enjoy a show and if you feel like it you can get up close with a member of the staff.    Drink prices don't concern me.   It's more important that I have a good time when I go out than I save some baht.

I don't know if it's true or not but according to twitter and social media chatter, parts of Pattaya were apparently very busy over the weekend, good if true.

38 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't know if it's true or not but according to twitter and social media chatter, parts of Pattaya were apparently very busy over the weekend, good if true.

From what I`m seeing on the I`Rover cam its looking quite busy, fair few people in the billabong.  looks like people are coming even though the entry requirements are a bit stringent. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Being the first week end open since the lockdown it seems like every man and his dog went out to enjoy the freedom. Those bars that were open especially with girls enjoyed good trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukdave51 said:

From what I`m seeing on the I`Rover cam its looking quite busy, fair few people in the billabong.  looks like people are coming even though the entry requirements are a bit stringent. 

I believe the bars are still closed in Rayong and Bangkok which would have boosted their numbers.

55 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Being the first week end open since the lockdown it seems like every man and his dog went out to enjoy the freedom. Those bars that were open especially with girls enjoyed good trade.

That's great to hear, honestly, hope it lasts as long as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

I believe the bars are still closed in Rayong and Bangkok which would have boosted their numbers.

That's great to hear, honestly, hope it lasts as long as possible.

Ditto that, but I fear it will settle back down to normal expat trade soon.

Here on the dark side the bars around the lake were visibly busy and doing a good trade. I only had a couple pints at the Oasis myself as I had gotten smashed with the neighbors on Friday already. 

Like Boydeste said everyone's been locked up for so long it's no surprise town was busy-ish. You can also expect folks from Bangkok to have come down for a wee party.