Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

AND VERY LOUD !!!!!!

That was quite the storm we had in the wee hours of the morning. It was bad enough that two of my dogs who aren't normally bothered by the noise climbed into the bed with me and my lady. Good thing we have a super sized king bed.

I also had to activate my newly installed KTHTDDS (Keep The Hyperventilating Third Dog Downstairs System). Pictured below, patent pending.

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks. The storm trench here is fed from that flooding so I can expect it to get worse before it gets better, although the culvert seems to be handling it now so the pump has been switched off ..

s siam was totally flooded, and NPW the river was comng up over the bridge onto the road.  raiway is done and dusted til prob midnight before that goes down,  out here at the lake pong was flooded too

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

53 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Soi khao Noi this morning

Nothing changes in 20 years. When I lived at the top of Soi Khao Noi, at Pattaya Hill 2, the video evidence was a regular occurrence in the wet season.  

If it is still there, the grill across the road just before the railway track, will be stuffed full of rubbish which has been put in the drains by the locals. I am sure the ability of the drains in that area are probably only working at 50% capability or less.

Part of the Pattaya experience I don't miss one bit.

• Thumbs Up 4

That was quite the storm late afternoon yesterday. I was out at a hash run near Rugby School Thailand when the heavens opened up just as groups of hashers started to arrive. We stayed huddled on the baht buses as the worst of the storm pounded down. At one point it even started hailing which is a very rare occurrence here. A hash run to be remembered.

PA300014.jpg

image.jpeg

PA300016.jpg

PA300018.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1