COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

20 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'm very confused. What I'm reading from Thai journalists is that the UK and US have been moved into the most risky group. That anyone who has visited these countries requires a health cert and must quarantine for 14 days. 

I appreciate your confusion (my highlights throughout):
Prayut Orders ALL Travelers To Present Virus Certificate

By Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter

-
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, center, during a meeting with health officials at the Ministry of Public Health on March 19, 2020.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, center, during a meeting with health officials at the Ministry of Public Health on March 19, 2020.

BANGKOK — Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday said travelers, whether they are Thais or foreigners, must present their health certificates before boarding planes to Thailand, regardless of their flight origins.

In an escalation of an already confusing guideline, which initially required arrivals from four high-risk countries to have medical certificates, PM Prayut said after a meeting with health officials today that the measure is now applied to travelers from all countries – a policy slammed as impractical by many.

“We are preventing the virus from entering into the country. That’s why we require everyone entering into Thailand to present their health certificates and insurance policies,” Prayut said. “This measure had been applied to travelers from four countries and two territories, but we now extended it to every country.”

He did not specify when or how the measure will be implemented. Physicians in many countries – including Thailand – generally do not provide coronavirus tests to those who do not show symptoms associated with the virus.

Asked whether the new measure would effectively close Thai borders, Prayut responded with temper and said he did not imply it that way.

“Why do I have to translate my words into Thai again?,” Prayut told reporters. “I just mentioned that foreigners entering into Thailand must present their health certificates.”

But Prayut’s remark contradicts with disease control department director Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, who said only travelers from countries with confirmed infections would have to present their certificates.

“Everyone who travels from the countries with ongoing local transmission or the countries with infection cases reported by the World Health Organization must present their health certificates,” Suwannachai said.

He continued, “Health insurance policies which have a minimum medical coverage of 100,000 U.S. dollars are also needed before buying plane tickets. They will also be subjected to screenings upon their departure and arrival to Thailand. This is the Cabinet’s decision and we are enforcing every measure mentioned.”

Prayut’s statement also contradicts a mandate published by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand less than 24 hours earlier, which required all air travelers from 11 countries to present their health certificates, as well as health insurance policies in case of foreign nationals, upon boarding their flights.

The announcement was later refuted as false by transport minister Saksayam, while the aviation authority’s director general Chula Sukmanop said he was not aware of the order, despite his signature in the document.

Note:  The above article came in response to:

Gov’t Refutes Gov’t’s Order Requiring Travelers To Present Virus Certificate
By Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter -March 19, 2020 1:52 PM

BANGKOK — An aviation authority’s announcement that all air travelers from 11 countries must present their health certificates before boarding planes to Thailand was dismissed on Wednesday by a transport minister.

Despite the statement issued yesterday by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, or CAAT, transport minister Saksayam Chidchob said the requirement for health certificates is not being implemented.

“The news is unfounded,” Saksayam said. “Thailand has not declared additional countries as infected zones and it’s not the duty of the transport ministry or the CAAT. We have to wait for the health ministry to declare it first until the new measures would become in effect.”

Note:  And the above article was prompted by:

Thailand designates 10 more countries as COVID-19 “high-risk”

The above Thai PBS article contradicted information on the Web sites of the Ministry of Public Health , which had also been posted on the TAT Web site.  

Confusing, to say the least.

7.JPG

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

26 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I appreciate your confusion (my highlights throughout):
Prayut Orders ALL Travelers To Present Virus Certificate

By Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter

-

BANGKOK — Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday said travelers, whether they are Thais or foreigners, must present their health certificates before boarding planes to Thailand, regardless of their flight origins.

In an escalation of an already confusing guideline, which initially required arrivals from four high-risk countries to have medical certificates, PM Prayut said after a meeting with health officials today that the measure is now applied to travelers from all countries – a policy slammed as impractical by many.

“We are preventing the virus from entering into the country. That’s why we require everyone entering into Thailand to present their health certificates and insurance policies,” Prayut said. “This measure had been applied to travelers from four countries and two territories, but we now extended it to every country.”

He did not specify when or how the measure will be implemented. Physicians in many countries – including Thailand – generally do not provide coronavirus tests to those who do not show symptoms associated with the virus.

Asked whether the new measure would effectively close Thai borders, Prayut responded with temper and said he did not imply it that way.

“Why do I have to translate my words into Thai again?,” Prayut told reporters. “I just mentioned that foreigners entering into Thailand must present their health certificates.”

But Prayut’s remark contradicts with disease control department director Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, who said only travelers from countries with confirmed infections would have to present their certificates.

“Everyone who travels from the countries with ongoing local transmission or the countries with infection cases reported by the World Health Organization must present their health certificates,” Suwannachai said.

He continued, “Health insurance policies which have a minimum medical coverage of 100,000 U.S. dollars are also needed before buying plane tickets. They will also be subjected to screenings upon their departure and arrival to Thailand. This is the Cabinet’s decision and we are enforcing every measure mentioned.”

Prayut’s statement also contradicts a mandate published by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand less than 24 hours earlier, which required all air travelers from 11 countries to present their health certificates, as well as health insurance policies in case of foreign nationals, upon boarding their flights.

The announcement was later refuted as false by transport minister Saksayam, while the aviation authority’s director general Chula Sukmanop said he was not aware of the order, despite his signature in the document.

Note:  The above article came in response to:

Gov’t Refutes Gov’t’s Order Requiring Travelers To Present Virus Certificate
By Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter -March 19, 2020 1:52 PM

BANGKOK — An aviation authority’s announcement that all air travelers from 11 countries must present their health certificates before boarding planes to Thailand was dismissed on Wednesday by a transport minister.

Despite the statement issued yesterday by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, or CAAT, transport minister Saksayam Chidchob said the requirement for health certificates is not being implemented.

“The news is unfounded,” Saksayam said. “Thailand has not declared additional countries as infected zones and it’s not the duty of the transport ministry or the CAAT. We have to wait for the health ministry to declare it first until the new measures would become in effect.”

Note:  And the above article was prompted by:

Thailand designates 10 more countries as COVID-19 “high-risk”

The above Thai PBS article contradicted information on the Web sites of the Ministry of Public Health , which had also been posted on the TAT Web site.  

Confusing, to say the least.

7.JPG

Either way mate you now have to show a health cert now. Multiple multiple multiple accounts on social media reporting being turned away at airports.

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Schools closed in UK, transport around London is to well cut back, tube buses etc. Think the bars, restaurants thing will start to be compulsory now as well. 

Ringing the gym this morning before I leave, incase it's now shut as well. Was half empty anyway, which was great, plenty space like they recommend. 

My place still open,we are monitoring it day to day.

Ive had more than 20 people email me to keep it open,so for now,we have.

its a private gym anyways,we don’t allow drop ins ,nor transients.

2 people this morning.lolol.

8A2EF186-C5D0-4F1F-BF1D-B1B8E745BB2D.png

CF703627-8E18-43A2-9B9C-374E9872F75B.png

F8C4AAE7-2A89-4987-B50C-C5FCF7F6D7DD.png

54894A8B-C96E-4484-9881-E15E50C9A9D4.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

This hasn't been widely communicated I believe, but the guests that were meant to stay in my apartment for 5!! weeks informed they are no longer allowed entry into the Netherlands via Schiphol after 6 PM today. 

https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2020/03/18/q-and-a-for-entry-into-the-netherlands-travel-ban

There goes another 2 grand due to this fcukin virus. 

• Great Info 3

26 minutes ago, Esco said:

This hasn't been widely communicated I believe, but the guests that were meant to stay in my apartment for 5!! weeks informed they are no longer allowed entry into the Netherlands via Schiphol after 6 PM today. 

https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2020/03/18/q-and-a-for-entry-into-the-netherlands-travel-ban

Yep!

Just got a call earlier from my letting agent, the two nurses that rent my apartment have just give 1 month's notice that they're  going back to Poland due to this shite.

The Agent told me normally they would start viewings now, but due to the virus no one wants anyone coming into their home they don't know, so can't even start that until it's empty.

This will impact everyone, some more than others. 

27 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yep!

Just got a call earlier from my letting agent, the two nurses that rent my apartment have just give 1 month's notice that they're  going back to Poland due to this shite.

The Agent told me normally they would start viewings now, but due to the virus no one wants anyone coming into their home they don't know, so can't even start that until it's empty.

This will impact everyone, some more than others. 

Ditto with one of mine... agent wont even visit to see what if any work needs doing until the tenant vacates... 

Donald Trump has announced that an antimalarial drug could be a “gamechanger” in
treating coronavirus and will be made available “almost immediately” by the Food and
Drug Administration (FDA).

During a briefing with the coronavirus Taskforce at the White House, the US President said
the — hydroxychloroquine — would soon be available for “prescribed use.”

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was discussed in one of those earlier medical/scientific videos I posted. Initially an anti-malaria treatment it has been used for other conditions.

In Covid-19 it is believed to disrupt/inhibit viral replication so I guess the sooner it is given after infection the better. Therefore some rapid detection method preferably not requiring a laboratory is still needed.

Hydroxychloroquine was first licensed by the FDA in 1955. Generics are available.

Brand names of hydroxychloroquine include Plaquenil, Hydroquin, Axemal (in India), Dolquine, Quensyl, Quinoric.

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have been recommended by Chinese and South Korean health authorities for the treatment COVID-19. In vitro studies have demonstrated that hydroxychloroquine is more potent than chloroquine against SARS-CoV-2 with a more tolerable safety profile.

On 16 March 2020, advisor to the French Government on COVID-19, Professor Didier Raoult, announced that a trial involving 24 patients from the south east of France supported the claim that hydroxychloroquine was an effective treatment for COVID-19. An amount of 600 mg of hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquenil) was administered to these patients every day for 10 days. The drug appeared to be responsible for a "rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious". The study also suggested that taking chloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin - which is known to be effective against complications from bacterial lung disease - led to even better outcomes. Professor Raoult said the results showed there was "a spectacular reduction in the number of positive cases" with the combination therapy. At 6 days, among patients given combination therapy, the percentage of cases still carrying SARS-CoV-2 was no more than 5%.

On March 17 after testing in several hospitals around Italy the Italian Pharmaceutical Agency has included hydroxychloroquine in the list of drugs with positive preliminary results for treatment of coronavirus disease 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yesterday a trip to our local Safeway market was rather enlightening.....they all say ( The CEO's) of all the markets, that the supply chain will not be effected, there is plenty of all types of food we all need. Yesterday at 4:00pm local time here, there was no bread, no water ( pics attached)  they closed the "fresh fish" section as they do not want people to interact with the person  that gives you your fish. Well......ok how about when I check out in line then? I am not doing self check out. As far as the fish, they are now putting all of my favorites like Salmon and Shrimp in "wrapped packages" that you can still buy which I did. Ok I can deal with that. Wifey is still able to get the "greek yogurt" she likes. 

@Skalliwag Nice gym you have there buddy, well done.  I am certainly going to miss mine for the foreseeable future.....can you help me out perhaps? My gal pal here Terri, we work out together on Sunday mornings. If I come up to Canada where you are,  can we get a work out in together at your place? :default_bow:

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

terry.jpeg

terry 2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Esco said:

I'm concerned similar too ....tenants can just stop paying feck all I can do. 

• Like 1

From Politico:

Americans don't travel abroad, come home if overseas
Pending announcement is the government's most severe warning about international travel.

By DAN DIAMOND, NAHAL TOOSI and SAM MINTZ

03/19/2020 10:46 AM EDT

Updated: 03/19/2020 12:39 PM EDT

The State Department is set to announce a Level 4 travel advisory applying to all international travel, its most severe warning, three individuals with knowledge of the pending announcement said.

The advisory, which appears to be unprecedented, would instruct all Americans abroad to either return to the United States or prepare to shelter in place, given the global threat of the coronavirus outbreak. Americans also would be instructed not to travel abroad.

6 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

From Politico:

Americans don't travel abroad, come home if overseas
Pending announcement is the government's most severe warning about international travel.

By DAN DIAMOND, NAHAL TOOSI and SAM MINTZ

03/19/2020 10:46 AM EDT

Updated: 03/19/2020 12:39 PM EDT

The State Department is set to announce a Level 4 travel advisory applying to all international travel, its most severe warning, three individuals with knowledge of the pending announcement said.

The advisory, which appears to be unprecedented, would instruct all Americans abroad to either return to the United States or prepare to shelter in place, given the global threat of the coronavirus outbreak. Americans also would be instructed not to travel abroad.

Thats a bit late isnt it since all planes from Europe cant land in the US anymore? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Thats a bit late isnt it since all planes from Europe cant land in the US anymore? 

Flights from Europe can still land in the U.S. Check the Arrivals page of JFK Airport. Many airlines have  cut back on or suspended service due to decreased demand, but they are still allowed to fly into the U.S.  Air crews on flights originating in the Schengen countries, the UK and Ireland can still enter the U.S. as Trump exempted them in his "proclaimation." 

Evil

Really close friend died of cancer last week suddenly and totally unexpected. 46 years old she was.

Just been told because of this covid19 crap funeral next Tuesday limited to less than 20 family only.

Sign of what is ahead with fuckkking great mortuary tents appearing in central London.

Saw the one on the Embankment today this is  going to get lively in my beloved London over the next month or so. :default_drinks:

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Flights from Europe can still land in the U.S. Check the Arrivals page of JFK Airport. Many airlines have  cut back on or suspended service due to decreased demand, but they are still allowed to fly into the U.S.  Air crews on flights originating in the Schengen countries, the UK and Ireland can still enter the U.S. as Trump exempted them in his "proclaimation." 

Evil

Then he changed his mind 

Edited by Stillearly